Author Topic: Good news...  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Good news...
« on: April 07, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »
Ray and I have been searching for a place to move to for the past week or so, and finally we decided to go down the roommate or room for rent road... After a few calls to some really good places, that didn't pan out as they wanted a single person, we called another place this afternoon and she called us back shortly after Ray left a message...

We went to check it out, and we are in love with the place.. It's a Victorian house, and the room we are renting is HUGE!!! The ceiling is 12-14 feet, with 6 windows that are nearly floor to ceiling, and it's also furnished, so we don't have to worry about scrambling to get a bed to sleep on, because the floor is so not a bed for either of us... We are paying nearly $800 less a month here than we are at the hotel, plus, it's a very quiet neighborhood and house, even if there are 3 or 4 other people living there as well... We are the only ones who will be home all day, as the other tenants work day shifts at the local Perdue plant, and we have been informed that there are times when they will take the night shifts as well when things pick up during the holiday seasons...

I will not be offline for too long, just until I can get the laptop and connection set up, as it's already there and waiting for the first person to tap into it... We plan on moving in Friday afternoon and evening, as tomorrow will be my day to recuperate from the second lumbar epidural injection, which means I get to stare at the four walls and wait for the sedation to wear off so I can get to work packing things up so we can get up and get going in the morning... Yeah, can you tell we are so ready to be out of here yet?

Anyway, I thought I would give you all a heads up, and let my family here share in our good news, as a few know how badly we have been wanting out of here, 1 1/2 years is a long time to spend without a real kitchen... This also means that the gathering is going to be this much closer to happen for us, something we have been crunching and working the numbers about since we decided we were going to go, and now, it definitely looks as if it's going to happen.. The best thing is, by the time it comes up, Ray and I should be ex-smokers, as we are taking the step of quitting at the end of next month.. ~smiles~

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
Re: Good news...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »
YAY!  -grins-  Congrats sis.  I'm so happy for you that you're getting things settled and moved into another place.  Look at it this way, your stress level should go down some now.. Hopefully. 

Don't overdo yourself in moving and take care.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »
That is great news, Taryn, on so many counts.

Be well, both you and yours.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
I am very happy for you and Ray, True! -hugs and smiles-..This is a relief, and wicked news.

-s-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Melanie

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:30:57 PM »
*Does a happy dance*...glad to see it going yer way after a long fight...and I TOTALLY understand the kitchen comment...*nods lots*...

Love ya Sis!..good luck and take care of yerself!

Mel

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:35:26 PM »
Yay honey im so proud of you two... having a kitchen and a regular sized shower are two things I know you two are looking foward to.

-adds- and both of you hippies need hair cuts -dies laughing-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:43:32 AM »
YAY!!!

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:16:58 AM »
Am happy for you both......just don't over do it after the injection
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Taryn

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
As for the regular sized shower, we have that here now at the hotel.. We didn't go upstairs to look at the bathroom, so we aren't even sure how big the shower is at the new place... With our luck, it's going to be a tiny one...

We are not hippies and we do NOT need hair cuts... Thank you very much!

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
you know I lurves you!

but you have -almost- more inches of hair then I am tall! no fair!!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 05:42:46 PM »
~smirks~ Only another 4 inches to go before I can cut it back to my waist, then start all over again.. all for Locks of Love..

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 05:49:43 PM »
-mutters- I gave to locks for love and ended up nearly bald!

Offline Taryn

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »
Just think, in 4 more inches, I will have nearly 14 inches of hair to give to them.. hopefully when that happens, I will not have Hermione hair, or what I am sporting now, an Avatar tail... ~snorts~

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 06:48:47 AM »
Congrats on the move, Taryn.

I have cut over 14 inches off each time the last 3 times fo locks of love! I think it is a wonderful cause.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

ndndancer

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
Whooooo Hooooo Mistress!!..... Score!