Author Topic: Venting...  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
Venting...
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
I don't often rant and rave and gripe and all...but if I don't get it out of my system, I'll end up doing something that might I might regret later on.  Well, probably wouldn't regret it, but still I really need to vent! 

I'll tell everyone now, if I insult anyone, you/your family/friends...All, have my deepest and most heartfelt apologies.  Nothing I say is meant as an insult or slam to anyone.  That being said, here we go.

For those of you who don't know, I have a daughter, common knowledge.  She started 7th grade this past Wed.  As per normal, they sent home this packet for her information that has to be filled out and returned.  Every year they do it, it's normal, expected...But it keeps getting a thicker packet each year.  And redundant information.  I swear, within the first 3 pages, I had filled out the same information 4-5 times.  On ONE page, I filled out name, address, social, phone #, THREE times!  On the same page!  It's stupid.  But I know it's for her protection and all, so they don't somehow get her mixed up with everyone else in our little school.  It used to take me about 20-30 minutes to fill everything out, now...Now I break it up into 2 sometimes 3 sessions depending on how tired my hand is of writing.

I did fine in it, going along just perfectly..  Came to the page where her medical history is..Got halfway down it, found a new addition.  "What language is best to communicate to your child in?".  I paused for a minute, sat there thinking...Umm DUH, English.  But filled it out, mumbling some, but it thought nothing else of it.  2 pages from there, pulled out this form titled "Language Survey".  I debated on putting it back on the bottom and dealing with it later, decided I was curious to what it is.  Foolish of me.  Pulled it free of the stack and filled out the required Name, School, Grade, Homeroom teacher..  Then read on down.  I had a whole page...a page of questions asking me what language was her first language, what we spoke at home, what is her primary language..  It went on and on...a page of it.  By the time I got to the bottom, there was one last question..  "What language do you prefer us to speak if/when we need to contact you?"  There are no checkboxes on this, just blanks for the answers to be written in.  By this time I was tired of paperwork and slightly pissed that they were asking these kind of questions.  So in my blank spot, it reads, "I live in the USA, what language do you THINK I speak??"  I mean, come on..  She's been in this same school since kindergarten, so K thru 7 so far and they are just now asking me what language I speak.  I think that they deserved that one.

She takes everything back on Monday, so I figure by the week after I'll be getting a phone call from the school or schoolboard.   I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.  And I'm here to say, if they ask it again on another paper....I make no promise on the response they will get then.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Venting...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
"Sign language... here's your sign!!!"

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:54:24 PM »
-dies laughing- I just helped a freind of mine enroll her little boy in school, her hubby who is overseas was always the one to fill out that paperwork and get the kids all signed up and all that...

my dear freind is multi cultural, her husband is as well- meaning they are literally ... part this and part that... damn kid speaks spanish better then I do and somehow manages to speak to the grandma that only speaks russian. so I listed all the languages he speaks, and the members of his household speak... I even put spanglish!

so when I made an error filling out the paperwork [I forgot to list one of his shots he needed for school this year] they sent SIX, literally SIX diffrent versions of the shot form home with him to be filled out- I mean one of them has to be the right one?

-laughs-

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »
-bol-  You know Shoko, I'm so glad that it's not just our area that requires everything to be filed time and time again and in 15 different ways.  I mean seriously, how many times do they need the same information stated in the same way? 
Now as for the 6 forms..that's when you take them alll to the doctors office/health department and give them all to the receptionist and say "I have no clue which I need, so I'll let you fill out the right one.  Good luck"

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
I am so glad I don't have to do forms like that every bloody year. -ughs-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
Im looking forward to the paperwork from the schoolboard when my little girl is ready for school. 

Ill just show up to fill it out.

"Now, Ill just need some ink...what's your blood type?"

Raz

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 07:34:19 PM »
Im looking forward to the paperwork from the schoolboard when my little girl is ready for school. 

Ill just show up to fill it out.

"Now, Ill just need some ink...what's your blood type?"

Raz

LOL...I will give you my phone number, so I can post bail and enter a plea...'Not Guilty, Your Honor, my client is a Tuchuk Oralu"
 ;D
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »
my youngest child, the last of 4, is a senior this year.

THANK GOD!

When she started school, paperwork wasn't too bad. But as the years went by, it got more and more redundant.

I mean, come on, she went to a tiny school with maybe 250/300 students from kindergarten to high school and they ALL KNOW WHO SHE IS!

So it's not the people at the school, it's the state and federal idiots who want this information over and over again. Afterall - they can't find their own asses with both hands, so how can we expect them to keep track of information on a student in this day and age of computer overload?

Idiocy amazes me daily. 
~*~~*~

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 05:55:59 AM »
My daughter will be a freshman in college this year. We filled out more paperwork every year for high school than we have for college including all the financial aid papers. When she was a sophmore our emergency contact info and phone numbers changed. By the end of her senior the school had not updated their records. They were still using the info from her 1st year. Thank God there was never an emergency and I never had to be contacted!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »
You know...I am so glad it's not just here that people are that....that...  redundant and bureaucratic!  Reading these has made me feel better that I'm not alone in it.  -LOL-

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »
This makes me quietly glad that possum is in her second year of college and fills out all these papers for herself... I think if I had to do this paperwork again.. or deal with that  high dollar school supply list  someone might just have to bleed for a while. 
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.