Author Topic: WTF?  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
WTF?
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
Seriously?  Since when is Port Kar a safe zone?  Really?  Port Kar?  Of all places?

And since when does a slavers house dictate a return policy for the sale of slaves?  I mean really?  You tell me I have 14 days to not beat my slave or kill them?  And that if she wants she can come back in that 14 days period of Im too.....hard....mean?  

Really?

I thought this was Gor, not a Harlequin Romance novel.

I aint much of a cover model Fabio but if you want to dictate what I do with my property then you better show up at my wagon and then we can "discuss" your "dictation" personally.  Then I can show you what Im going to do with your "dictation".

Raz
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:31:59 PM by Raziel »

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: WTF?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:49:17 PM »
Seriously?  Since when is Port Kar a safe zone?  Really?  Port Kar?  Of all places?

And since when does a slavers house dictate a return policy for the sale of slaves?  I mean really?  You tell me I have 14 days to not beat my slave or kill them?  And that if she wants she can come back in that 14 days period of Im too.....hard....mean?  

Really?

I thought this was Gor, not a Harlequin Romance novel.

I aint much of a cover model Fabio but if you want to dictate what I do with my property then you better show up at my wagon and then we can "discuss" your "dictation" personally.  Then I can show you what Im going to do with your "dictation".

Raz

*Scratches head*

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »
ooookayyyyyyyyyyyyy who had to go and piss my elder brother off?  and what the hell are they thinking..... slaves are property!!!!!!!! last time I checked there ain't no walmart on Gor.  you don't get to return it in 3o days if you ain't happy... and they damn sure don't call the shots.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 04:21:41 AM »
-shrugs-

things like that happen when places only care about the check clearing to 'buy' a room....when people are more concerned about trying to please everyone. you know...'it's their free time and they can spend it anyway they want to' - kind of thing.

Gor isnt warm and fuzzy, it isnt the warm happy joy joy place to hang out and sit drinking blackwine, gossiping and trying on velcro collars to see which one looks more fashionable...it isnt about making people happy....it's Gor

-shrugs-

i dunno...i'm just a slave

-chuckles and wanders back to rt-

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »
It's as old as WM, slaves making the rules.  I remember when Dktah told Conn that Conn had to make his slave speak in third-person all the time, because Dktah couldn't get his girl to do it if Conn's girl didn't have to.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 12:50:57 PM »
so just to put this into perspective... slaves can be returned if in the original packaging is that it? I mean hell what the F.... slaves are slaves for a reason buy,take , gift,use,abuse its your property to do as you desire.. free money makers for the Master/Mistress.. to even consider the thought of a return policy is at best insulting to the meaning of Gor.... ** sorry just my wee thoughts**

And that if she wants she can come back in that 14 days period of Im too.....hard....mean? ummm if she wants she can come back wtf omg where do slaves even have the energy to think such thoughts I mean sure wagon girls have alot of freedom but are still taken to task when they are in the wrong but to even consider being returned the only return policy should be what the sleen deposit after they are done feeding if the slaves is even worthy of that ....

(( side note appologies Master Raz.. this just fried my butt.. and had to make a comment did not mean to step on any toes or beyond the boundrys... ))
duckie rules

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »
Not at all...such things should piss of all of us Gorean Roleplayers the the realm is twisted so.

Raz

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
You might be right in this instance, but your attitude is wrong.  It's this kind of judgmental attitude, misapplied by the self-annointed Swami's of Kiddie-Gor, that wrecked the Gor that we all used to love.

I could defend what they are doing.  All they are really doing is putting the typist ahead of the character.  If the typist is not having fun, there is no sense in anybody participating.  We pretty much have the same rule in PTJ, I don't want any slaves who don't want to be there.

You want a more realistic simulation of what Gor would really be like.  They want fun roleplay.  They are two different things.  They don't have to mix, one doesn't have to be better than the other.

That's their option on they want to spend their leisure time, and if you don't like it, don't participate.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 02:40:37 PM »
You might be right in this instance, but your attitude is wrong.  It's this kind of judgmental attitude, misapplied by the self-annointed Swami's of Kiddie-Gor, that wrecked the Gor that we all used to love.

I could defend what they are doing.  All they are really doing is putting the typist ahead of the character.  If the typist is not having fun, there is no sense in anybody participating.  We pretty much have the same rule in PTJ, I don't want any slaves who don't want to be there.

You want a more realistic simulation of what Gor would really be like.  They want fun roleplay.  They are two different things.  They don't have to mix, one doesn't have to be better than the other.

That's their option on they want to spend their leisure time, and if you don't like it, don't participate.

Being Judgemental on anothers attitude should also be a reflection of what is in the mirror for you.  Yes, Im sure everyone can defend what they are doing, doesnt take in depth intelligence to do so. 

But also on that note, if the typist is not having fun, guess what?  They can actually talk Out of Context to the individual they are having issues with to resolve any issues.  But for those that are purists of Gor and theory or philosophy or even about certain groups of people like Tuchuks or even Panthers, we are a community and we strive on teamwork to teach what Gor is so that the person behind the screen can learn, if they can learn or they really do wish to remain in a Harlequin Romance setting. 

I have neither said one way was better than the other, just simply put and simply stating, my opinion on the matter.

Everyone has that opinion and has the opportunity to voice it, as you have clearly shown. 

Just like the forest event and my answer to someone else dicking up Tuchuk, I simply wouldnt participate.  Just like their rules of selling slaves...guess what?  I dont participate.  See how easy that is.

If you would look at your answer to this thread and apply it to the Forest Event question, much of everything I have said might make sense and my actual attitude towards things. 

See what I mean?

Raz

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 03:12:14 PM »
---the comment below is for humor to lighten the mood, nothing more---

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one"

As for a return policy? Beh. What next? a Gor-Mart?  ;D
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »
I think in the end- my entire point is...

Port Kar was described as being a shady city full of theves and dirty sluts and criminals [there might have been pirates]

the city was not at all safe- if you want a safe zone, feel free, your Inn in the gorean country side can be a safe zone- or your torvie fortress far up into the mountians where no one is gonna go cause its all heavily guarded...

I feel it improper to battle norman to make port Kar a safe zone.

Offline Koran

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 12:06:44 PM »
I normally don't read boards. but I seen this thread and I agree. WTFH I ran a port kar Sojourn benazir ran a port kar. and this just made me do the freakin spins in my grave and I bet him too. and A side note to Raz. I agree when did gor become the cuddly fuzziness where a slave can say "Oh I don't like it here. I want someone else." F$%# I had a panther as a slave for pete's sake. she was trying 9 ways from sunday to get me to kill or release her. but I refused and she turned out one hell of a good slave. but let me see here. the only place on gor where blacks called home. as well as the home of the thieves guild a safe place??????? who put the kanda leaves in the drinking supply cuz someone has got to be stoned out of their gorean minds.

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
it is good to see You again Master.. it has been a long time i hope all is well...leaves you hugs...

ember/flame{NS}/Barbara
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Koran

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 10:57:04 PM »
picks up the hugs and leaves a few for the firey flame *S*