Author Topic: Castle MacLaaran Presents "Once Upon a Crime" - A Murder Mystery Starring YOU!  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Megana

• "You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
    • Megana Rose

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
Be it knowne by One and All of Castle MacLaaran's most entertaining and spooktacular of festivities
...and YOU'RE invited!

On October 19th at 9pm EST, we're throwing a murder mystery party that's sure to provide merriment and thrills appropriate for this
Halloween season. "Once Upon a Crime" is both hilarious murder mystery and fairy-tale parody which requires players to act as characters AND detectives. Should you like to sign up as a character listed below, we will provide your character's "suspect sheet" in advance - who knows, YOU may even be the assassin at large! Again, we'll provide you with the questions and alibis, but feel free to ad-lib, act out, have fun!

To perform in this murder mystery and claim a character, please send an email to castlemaclaaran@gmail.com with the role of your choosing and we will provide you with everything you'll need. Otherwise, for those who simply want to watch the fun unfold and have a chance to win prizes (yes, PRIZES!) we hope to see you in the room!

"Once Upon a Crime"
When fairy-tale royalty Cinderella disappears, Prince Charming decides to throw a ball to search for a new crown-worthy cutie. Half his
realm questions how he could move on so quickly while the other half is eager to romance the Royal himself.

But the revelry comes to a halt once a killing occurs somewhere in the palace leaving everyone a suspect. Even YOU.

So who's behind this terrible crime? Naughty nobles?  Petulant Princesses? Scheming servants? Oh my!

Restore peace to the realm and uncover the felon before it's too late!

"Wherever there is a human being there is an opportunity for kindness."-Seneca

Offline Megana

• Megana Rose

The following is a list of characters eligible for claiming. Please email castlemaclaaran@gmail.com to claim a role and we will provide your character info in advance of the event. Role "casting" is first come, first serve. Please feel free to arrive "in role" so that we may reveal who played who at the very end. We encourage you to dress up with your character AVs, but please adhere to MacLaaran's policy on AV size (no more than 350 pixels in height, and approx 500 pixels in width).

Prince Charming -  A self-obsessed noble who knows he's hot stuff and can't pass a mirror without gazing at it longingly. With an ego as big as his ..ahem...realm, if there was one tune to describe this royal dreamboat, it'd be "You're So Vain". But hey, you can't help it when you're really, really, ridiculously good looking.

Felicity (Fairy Godmother) - Greedy and ambitious, this scheming potions-master will grant you all your happily ever afters. For a price. Pssst, hey you! Wanna buy a potion? Because I know someone..

Griselda - This so-called queen of mean earned her nickname for good reason, thanks to her ability to make milk curdle with a single glance and traumatize children with a single "Boo!". Beware her cruel comments and spine-chilling stares. The original "Mean Girl", Medieval style.

Rapunzel - An earthy environmentalist who has literally, and figuratively, let down her hair. This peace-loving ahead-of-her-time hippie would rather hug trees and worship the dirt than entertain some capitalist monarchy. Like, earth is her monarchy, man!

Snow - With seven men at perfect height and all at her disposal, this rather licentious Lady is thrilled to be living in sin. And as if a den of devious dwarves isn't enough, she's always looking to add someone to the party.

Belle - Formerly used to hitting the books, this sloppy sweetie now spends her day hitting the bottle. A rather messy drunk, this often inebriated beauty has quite a thing for bad boys and uses her messy charms to entice them.

Gram - Red Riding Hood's Grandmother - This sassy elder has no time for your juvenile smart-mouthing and guff. Why, in her day, she had to walk FIFTEEN MILES to attend a ball. In the snow. With no shoes. Trying to outrun a bear. Naked.

Axe - The perfect foil to Rapunzel, this self-made man is all about big business and personal advancement. The original corporate climber. And to make that corporate ladder, you gotta cut down some trees..

Teeth - The Big Bad Wolf - This big bad is more "wolf" by reputation than by appearance. With a cool swagger and devious charm, this Rogue-ish rebel hungers for a certain red-cloaked cutie and is fixated on what big....err...eyes she has.

Rumpelstiltskin - Don't let the fragile appearance of this elder fool you - Rumpel is one crafty devil. Manipulative and cunning (although senile and hard of hearing), this wily but withered old man will do whatever it takes to get whatever he wants.

Gretl - This grown up orphan hasn't ditched her adolescent addiction to sweets. Always on a non-stop sugar-kick, this hyper and effervescent gal is on a non-stop happiness rush...that is, until you take her chocolate away.

Hansel - More strait-laced than his sister, this grown up orphan has ditched the bread crumbs for a crossbow. As a professional witch hunter, Hansel is always on edge and suspicious, accusing many people of witchcraft. Even claiming inanimate objects can cause curses. That plate over there? That's probably a witch...

**already claimed** Red - Spunky and sweet, this l'il darling is all peaches and cream...unless you threaten her Gram-gram. Then, kiss everything and everyone you ever loved goodbye. Because she will literally go Medieval on your arse.

All are welcome and invited! We hope to see you there for a night of laughs, thrills, and even more laughs.

-spiorad & Megana

Offline Megana

• Megana Rose

Belle, Snow, and Griselda have been claimed.

The following characters remain: Prince Charming, Felicity, Rapunzel, Gram, Axe, Teeth, Rumpelstiltzkin, Gretl, and Hansel.

There'll be twists and turns for EACH character, so be sure to sign up! And if you'd rather just observe and be a detective, we can't wait to see you there.  :D

((and if an admin sees this, am I crazy in thinking we used to be able to edit or posts? Or can we still do that and I'm just blind? *L*))

Offline Megana

• Megana Rose
Rapunzel has also been claimed. *S*

Offline Dreamweaver

• Learn from Yesterday, live for today
smile...There was a post at RPO, from Belle,  asking which characteers where left, so copied the info above and posted it... Im sooooo helpful...winks
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment

Offline faerieeva

I would love to participate but I am not certain I will be able.  So.. I will see if I can and take if/what is available. 

Offline Megana

• Megana Rose
Thank you, lovely Dream!  :)

faerieeva, thank you for your interest. *S* Rapunzel has just been freed up if you're interested (as the character sheet has already been created). Otherwise if you can't participate, feel free to pop by to observe (and win prizes!) Or just feel free to pop by for a visit whenever!

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
I would so love to do this, but I'm at work on Friday nights.  Hope to be able to stop in and watch, it look intersting!