Author Topic: school bans  (Read 2606 times)

Offline -TT-

• -loving life-
    • Sanguaren Nights
school bans
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:08:05 PM »
(CNN) -- Is it an extreme case of helicopter parenting or a smart move to keep kids safe?

That's what parents are asking after hearing about a Long Island middle school's decision to ban most balls during recess and also require supervision of tag, even cartwheels, due to safety concerns.

No longer allowed at the Weber Middle School in Port Washington, New York: footballs, baseballs, soccer balls, lacrosse balls and any other hardballs that could injure a child. Also off limits: rough games of tag and cartwheels unless an adult supervisor is on hand.

"We want to make sure our children have fun but are also protected," Dr. Kathleen Maloney, superintendent of Port Washington Schools, said in a local television interview, noting how playground injuries can "unintentionally" become very serious.

seriously?
you would think there would be more focus on protecting your kids from the crazy school shooters..kids bringing in guns and other weapons...
I made it through school playing sports and ball on the playground..so did my kids..we all took knocks but shook it off...
start sending your kids to school in bubble wrap

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
Re: school bans
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
I am going to rant about this on my talk show on Saturday. I do not know if it is all right to plug my talk show here or not, so will wait until upper management gives the approval before plugging the show and also invite all to call in and engage the convo on this and other topics
OOC - Rick

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
I am going to rant about this on my talk show on Saturday. I do not know if it is all right to plug my talk show here or not, so will wait until upper management gives the approval before plugging the show and also invite all to call in and engage the convo on this and other topics

There is nothing competition oriented between Maze and your show. Just post the addy and those that wish may listen in. I see no problem with it as long as you don't spam/flood the boards.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
Used to be "The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave".

Rough and tumble was a way of life. If you "thought" you got hurt, but were able to complain, no bones sticking through the skin, and no blood shooting from your body, you were wrong. Go back and play some more.

Now it is "Be good little pussies, punks, and chickenshit m*****F******.

It is no wonder there are so many kids with mental issues. No kid left behind, winners are ignored while the losers are consoled and coddled... so competition is bad, force pills down them for everything under the sun, no more paddling... hell... no more touching at all without someone screaming child abuse, bullying.... WTF... if there is a bully you can't handle on your own... gather the others that were also bullied and beat the catlivin' shit out of the prick.... bully issue solved.

But actually... it is all about money once again. High premiums, insurance companies don't want to have to pay out when a parent's special snowflake gets a bump or bruise and they scream negligence and begin legal action. Sad part is... it will only get worse. The special coddled snowflakes of today will become adult special snowflakes and will one day be running the show. At least those that did not blow their brains out or create a mass slaughter because they didn't get their way.

Offline -TT-

• -loving life-
    • Sanguaren Nights
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 07:36:33 PM »
and ...more

NASHUA, N.H. –  An elementary school in Nashua has reminded parents and students that playing "tag" violates the school's longtime "no contact" rule for recess games.

Charlotte Avenue Elementary School Principal Patricia Beaulieu posted a letter on the school's website last week informing parents of the school's safety policies. In the letter, she said while "tag" may seem innocent enough, it has been banned in many schools because of injuries.
--------------------------------------

okay...so are the kids even allowed to move at recess? can they jump rope or is strangulation a issue a too?
Ive got a image of kids standing around a school yard like in the scene from "blair witch project" ..with their heads down and slight sway with their bodies...creepy as hell i know..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 08:43:17 PM »
More than enough to make one need to hoark.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »
You got it, TT...what the HELL is going on with our schools?  We played tag, dodgeball, ran all over the yard and threw balls and things all over...and we all grew up OK.  If someone got hurt, he or she would go to the school nurse and get a bandaid, and would be right back.  I remember when even teachers would get involved, and throw a football to us.

And NONE of us had helmets...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle