Author Topic: Victor Lundin, 83  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Victor Lundin, 83
« on: November 13, 2013, 10:46:48 AM »
This was written back in July when I lost a dear friend suddenly, due to his family deciding to keep the news to themselves for nearly 2 weeks, then releasing it to the small news venues. Though with the passing of another actor from "Robinson Crusoe from Mars" Paul Mantee, Victor's passing was a bit more widespread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been waiting for an email from an old friend who I met through my sister, who met him while working on a film called Fatal Kiss. After a few months of not hearing from him, I thought he was busy with work and that he had been able to find something for my sister to do as I didn't hear back from her after she asked me for his email, she had lost it.

So come tonight, Ray is talking to a friend and about the various people we have met working in the industry and also going to the San Diego Comic-Con that starts tomorrow morning. Ray is looking up our friend and that is when he reads the news, he died on June 29, 2013 after a long illness. Mind you, I get hit with this as I return from sweltering outside of our room having gone to forage for something cool to eat and I am waved over to his computer. I started at it for what felt like hours, but only a few seconds has passed and it felt as if that shiny light that always appears when he and I talked was gone, never to be seen from again.

Victor Lundin was his name, his claim to fame was somehow being in the right place at the right time which caused him to be the first actor in a Klingon costume one day on the set of Star Trek The Original Series (of course it didn't have that title, as at the time it was the only one of it's name). One moment he's just a character actor and the next moment as he steps out onto the stage/scene, he's become something that many actors at that time had no clue would do any good for one's career. Vic became the first Klingon to appear on-screen, but that was only one of many characters he played during his career.

If you would like to know more about this man, and why I am still sitting here crying as if my heart were breaking, maybe you can see how he found a special place in my heart and as he told me, I had a special place in his heart as well.

Here's the link to his obituary: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/actor-victor-lundin-star-trek-robinson-crusoe-585570

And this is to his website, which hasn't been updated in a bit of time, but gives you and idea of that kind of man he was:
http://victorlundin.net/index.html

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Victor Lundin, 83
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 02:20:37 PM »

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
Re: Victor Lundin, 83
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »
*Emits a loud, shrill war whoop to let the Klingon Hereafter know that a Warrior will soon join them.*

*Hugs you close*  Be well, Sis.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle