Author Topic: Update  (Read 663 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Update
« on: June 23, 2014, 10:08:24 PM »
Well, I went to my job interview this afternoon and walked out with a new job. I start training on Thursday at 7a (oh yeah, this is going to be interesting as I am sooooo not a morning person) and will work until 3p, then have to do it all over again on Friday, but on Saturday which is my first real shift I will be working from 3-11p. I have explained my limitations to them and they have no problem at all, just that I give notice when I have an appointment that is upcoming that will interfere with my work schedule and we will figure a way around it. Also I will be covering for those going on vacation, as well as those who decide to call in sick and for emergencies. So all in all this is going to be a much better job than I first anticipated it to be and on the major plus side, it seems that the building next door, which I thought was part of the hotel, is not, but instead an apartment building owned by the same people who own the hotel and the majority of those living there work at the hotel. Like I said, things are starting to look very interesting at this point and if things work out and we can move into this place, I won't have to worry about how to get to and from work if things with Ray's hip ends up causing him to have surgery.

Onto that prospect... Ray went in to see the orthopedic last week, who took a look at his x-rays and immediately ordered an MRI to be done, which was done last Thursday. We are still waiting to hear the results, but we are expecting one of three possibilities. First one is that it's bursitis, though it's not looking to be that, as the symptoms are slightly off. Second it could be AVM, which has something to do with the blood flow to the hip bone or something to that effect and third, it could be a stress fracture. The second and third problems can be solved via surgery, the AVM is an outpatient procedure and the stress fracture is in-patient surgery as it will require pins and screws. For those who know about where we live presently, you also know this is NOT a viable for such to happen anytime in the next month or two, but then again, he is barely able to walk, much less sit or lay down without being in severe pain.

This is one of the reasons we are hoping to be able to get an apartment at this place, as it would literally have us right across the street from the hospital and our family doctors, as well as my physical therapy location for the next couple of weeks. I will learn more on Thursday when I go in, as I will be talking to my manager who will be training me, she has a special way of doing things and wants everyone on the same page, which I have absolutely no problem with and actually like the prospect of such an organized work situation. -grins-

Well I am going to head out for the night, it's been a long day and tomorrow is going to be another long one, as I have my first pain management appointment to attend. I will say this about the medical group here, they get you into referred appointments in less than a month. Sort of shocked the both of us, after having to go through all those hoops back in Delaware. Now just to get my orthopedic to see that the injections he wants to put me through for the next year will be worthless, as the one's he gave me not 2 weeks ago have done nothing to relieve the pain in either my knee or my hip. Was a bit shocked that the hip injection didn't work, as it worked wonders the last time I had one done, but perhaps he didn't get it into just the right spot the first time around, but as for my knee, it made things a bit worse than they were before the injection. Plus I think I had a slight reaction to the steroid they used this time around, breaking out in what looked and felt like hives, but in blister form was not amusing, nor was it very comfortable. I have let him know the results via an email through the online medical system and am just waiting to hear back from him.

I will try to keep you all updated as things progress, but as I said before things are a bit hectic and crazed around here, but not just for the reason of us having to move out by the beginning of August, but because of some rather scary prospect that was just that has the police driving by our place every 15 minutes and on high alert. Can't get into it here, but just know that we are being careful.

Love and miss you all very much!

Offline Taryn

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »
Well things are beginning to look up, to a point. First of all, Ray got the results of the MRI and there was nothing specific in them so his pain management doctor sent him in for another MRI, this time for his back. They were thinking that he might have herniated discs or something else that would be causing the severe pain he has been in. He went back 2 weeks after the MRI was done, and let me tell you that the two of us were on pins and needles that whole time worrying he would be going in for immediate surgery, but that wasn't the case. There was no slipped or herniated disc to be seen, but... along the right side of his spine it showed up as white, which is normal, but on the left, it was dark, which is so not normal. This means that the discs are degenerating and is probably the reason for the pain in his right hip and down his leg. He was put on a regimen for 6 days of steroids and they helped to lower his pain levels to the point that he could walk and stand a bit longer than he had been able to for the past 2 months, though if he does either for too long, he's down and nearly in tears from the pain. On July 29, he will be going in for injections into his spine, 4 injections in all and there is hope that this will fix things. If not... then I am not sure what the next step is.

Another bit of news on Ray is that he has lost nearly 45 lbs in the past 3 months. He completely cut out soda and has begun to drink MiO flavored water or just water, plus, we both have been eating a lot more healthier as well. Besides it's tomato season and with the 3 plants that our neighbor planted not 2 months ago (they are about 2 weeks away from being ripe and the nursery told us at least 3-4 months before they would even begin to flower and fruit) and the 15 lbs we got at our local food pantry. We have been finding new ways of eating them before they go bad and I am seriously waiting to either turn into one due to eating so many of them, but they are absolutely DELICIOUS!!! I on the other hand have lost nearly 20 lbs, but then again, I haven't cut out soda. I did try, but ended up with a severe migraine caused by the lack of caffeine, so I am slowly cutting it out completely and in a way that won't cause me to return to step 1 again, as that was not fun at all.

We are not moving, things have happened that has caused the need for such to happen to disappear, in fact, our roommate's ex-fiance and her son will be returning back to her home in Texas in just a little over a week. Though between now and then, things are going to be a bit dramatic in the apartment, as she is trying to find a way to stay put. -shakes head- If our roommate hadn't stepped in when he did 2 nights ago, I was going to end up in the middle of a physical fight between her and I, as she was itching for one and I just happened to be in the hallway at the wrong time. Instead, I went about my business and completely ignored her. So yeah, until they are gone, things are a bit crazy here, but then again I am throwing myself into planning my birthday party in just a few short weeks and working on getting some extra money to help with paying the bills and rent next month.

I still have my job, and so far things are going very well there, but again I am only working Saturday's 2nd shift unless someone calls in sick and there is one lady who likes to do such as often as she can before she is talked to. Though I have been informed by my boss that I might have more shifts if things with the lady in question, if she continues to call in sick every other week. Of course that would mean I would be trained as Night Auditor and end up working 3rd shift which is 11p - 7a, but then again I am a night owl, or can return to being one at the drop of a hat.

Anyway, as I just looked at the time, I do need to head out and get some sleep. It also sounds like we have a t-storm heading for us shortly, as I can see the lightning light up the outside and even over the a/c unit, which was my birthday present after the nice heat wave that hit us Sunday and Monday nearly killed us both (low to mid 90s with heat indices 105 - 110), I am hearing the rumbles of thunder. So am going to turn off my computer, curl up in bed and hopefully be asleep by the time it rolls over us fully. As many know, I am not a fan of t-storms.

Take care of one another until I return and know that you all are in my thoughts as well as in my heart. I love and miss you my family and know I am working as hard as I can to return home soon.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:13:49 PM »
 ;)

Offline Taryn

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
And a new update... I will find out later this week if I pick up the shifts that will be open once one of the desk clerks leaves in a week. So that would mean I would be working 7a to 11p on Saturdays and on 7a-3p on Sundays. This will also bring in a lot more money than I am getting now and will go toward us saving money to rent a nice house. As the 3 of us are tired of living in apartments and really would like a yard, no neighbors above or below us to worry about and other things that you can't get with an apartment. -grins- I will have more information on this when I talk to my boss. But this is something that was on the table as a possibility, so yeah, I really do love my job. -dances-