Author Topic: GATHERING 2015  (Read 21503 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
GATHERING 2015
« on: November 02, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »
Where:    Guilford Lake State Park Ohio
When:     Thursday July 9th through Monday July 13th 2015
Cost:       $24.00 a night per campsite, $25.00 Fri and Sat nights (Misc costs see below)                         
Time:       Check-in 3PM... Checkout 1PM

Directions forthcoming if needed.

RULES and REGISTRATION

Registration is by reservation. Sites 1 - 4 are local walk-in sites. Sites 5 - 41 are by reservation. We can stop in the office or call 1-866-644-6727. I am looking to get us all in one area, preferably starting with site 5 along the side. Nobody behind us and down to the lake for however many we may need. HOWEVER... we will take what we can get so long as we all are together or as close as possible. For those who like to get there early, you will be charged the night before if you arrive before 6AM, and you will be charged another day if not out by 1PM.

Bicycling is permitted in the campground but not after dark.

Those visiting people camping may visit from 6AM to 10PM.

Two (2) pets permitted per campsite but must remain leashed.

No firearms or fireworks... this goes without saying.

No alcohol. Rag's interpretation... keep it quiet, responsible and in plain cups with bottles and cans hidden and there should not be an issue, but get hammered at your own risk. Our Gatherings have always been responsible before, so I see no reason why that should change now. Bring a good insulated cup/mug with straw or spout and be adults and there should be no reason to question. It IS nice to have a couple drinks just to relax with friends and family. This IS PUBLIC STATE LAND and open container and public intoxication laws of Ohio apply!!!

Fires permitted only in stoves, grills, or designated areas. So dousing Raziel with a flammable fluid and lighting him on fire is prohibited unless you stake him in a designated area, spit him over a grill, or set him on a stove. Sorry. Leave no fire unattended.

NOISE must be kept to a minimum between 11PM and 7AM.

The park has a dumping station for waste water. USE IT. There are also numerous drinking fountains and spigots for useable water.

Ice is available on site, though a bit steep. There are also a couple soda machines.

No collecting firewood or cutting down trees. No Raz... this does not mean you can bring det cord and down trees that way. This is a family oriented campground... not a landing zone.

A campsite may not be occupied by more than six people. Parents with multiple children excepted.

No trespassing on other people's sites.

Camping Equipment Limited To;

1.)  One tent or tents having a separate or combined floor space not in excess of 200 sq ft or

2.)  One bus, travel trailer, house vehicle, motor home, station wagon, motorcycle, car, truck, van, pickup camper (None of these may exceed 35 feet in length) in combination with a tent or tents listed above.

3.)  One motor vehicle, in addition to one of the above mentioned vehicle, may be parked on the site parking pad in lieu of other vehicles.

MISC DETAILS;

A fishing license is required to fish. As woob and I are out fishing longbefore July, we will post if the fishing is good or not before money is spent on an out of state license. Some years are good here... and some suck. You never know until you fish it and see.

There is a staffed office and workers at the campground.

Ice machines and soda machines, canoe and paddle boat rentals, and on the other side of the lake if everyone wishes to go out there are pontoon boats for rent.

There is firewood available for purchase on site, and I will be bringing wood as well. (SSshhhhh...)

There is a small beach at the campground, a small playground, showers and heads. There is also various gaming stuff available from the park office for use.

There is a larger public beach not far away with facilities and parking as well, and a swingset.

There is also an ice cream stand open during summer hours nearby the beach.

MISC COSTS;

In addition to the site fee(s), we have in the past always collected $10.00 a head for dinner since we cook out, with drinks being each person's own responsibility. Everyone pretty much did their own thing for breakfast and lunch. Out here, that is not really an option being out of town. I am thinking $20.00 a head per day for food and such is needed. This should get us all three meals, with drinks still up to the individual. Naturally other miscellaneous costs are included in this such as napkins, plates, cups, eating utensils, propane tanks, etc etc etc. It has not been unknown to suspend the cost if we find towards the end of our time together we have plenty of food and supplies and no more need be purchased. We also sock away any leftover funds to get supplies for the next gathering in advance.

It is my hope, that one day we may actually get the funds to purchase a trailer and materials to build an enclosed trailer to store and haul all the Gathering stuff. As it is, I have an entire quarter garage willed with Gathering supplies. It would be nice to clean everything when we are done with gathering, load it up, lock the trailer, and open it again at the next Gathering and pick up where we left off. Less chance of forgetting stuff, losing stuff, etc, if it is all secured at once in one place.

This seems like alot for a Gathering, but it is mostly rules and regs for the campsite. My rules are much simpler. Have fun but be responsible... remember we are a family and our kids do attend... keep the drinking low key and the noise level low ... and if Raziel, woob, or myself ask you to do something if you may be getting a bit loud or something, just listen and be cool about it all. We are all there to have fun and build memories to last us all a lifetime!!!!!

More info and such will be posted as it is gathered.

Pics in following post.

DO NOTE... the site fees are subject to change, but I do not expect them to change. If they do, the change will be minimal.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
Re: GATHERING 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:18:28 PM »
Some pics so you can get an idea of what to expect. These were taken off-season. Bear this in mind.

WELCOME!!!!!

The camping area to the right as you enter showing playground.

Various site areas and scenery.

Two shots of where I hope to camp.

Shower and head facilities.

Office

Parking and potable water source.

Canoe and paddle boat rentals and part of campground beach.

Firewood trailer.

Boat launch and dock.

Electric box on sites. A good look at what you can use. It seems the bases are covered.

Large Public Beach.

Ice Cream close to public beach.

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
Yay!!

Can't wait. Will be showing this to D. He's ready to go now...lol.
~*~~*~

kiahMTC

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:21:49 AM »
Looks and sounds great!  :)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »
I am prepared and have plans in the works as to attending.  Will more than likely utilize an rv rental and still bring the tent and camping supplies as well.

Offline Elisa Windrider

• Fire is life....make life burn bright.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:51 AM »
I hope my money troubles will be over by then and i want to be there too!!
Don't Waste Your time looking back, you're not going that way.
    "Ragnar Lothbrok"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:32:51 AM »
Those who plan on attending, let me know so I can contact the campground and see what is needed to get a block area so we are not all spread out.

When I get a rough idea, I can look into trying to bargain for a reduced rate if possible, any additional amenities that we might cash in on, and how much we need to pay to reserve those spots and if that is refundable if things change for people.

So far those who are attending are;

Rags and woobie
Raz, Jill, and 1 beautiful girl
Salem
Sid and D
NS, flame, and maybe G

[/b]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:54:25 PM by RAGNAR »

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 04:10:21 PM »
No on the girls, just the newborn lol.

Raz

Well hell... but alright. I guess I will allow you to come anyway.

Rags
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:53:42 PM by RAGNAR »

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 07:59:56 AM »
Dont think I will be there, it costs to much, with the flight and then somewhere to stay before and after as I will have to take a break between flights so the DVT dont mess me up,
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Melanie

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »
Well, i am for sure gonna try and save up for this. Cant put me in right yet.... But gimme some month and we'll see. Totally wanna go though.... Fishin, campin is my thang! I'll even volunteer for fish cleanin duty! Muahahahahaha!

Nikki

Offline Salem

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
I am completely for attending as I have wanted to attend these gatherings for quite a few years, but have never been able to either afford it, or be able to get time away from work to go. Being that I am a friendly neighbor to the north and considering the distance involved, I'd most likely look at flying in rather than driving it, and my concerns are that if I do so, no car, and I'd basically be showing up with the clothes on my back and in a suitcase, with no camping gear to speak of.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 05:24:37 PM »
I am completely for attending as I have wanted to attend these gatherings for quite a few years, but have never been able to either afford it, or be able to get time away from work to go. Being that I am a friendly neighbor to the north and considering the distance involved, I'd most likely look at flying in rather than driving it, and my concerns are that if I do so, no car, and I'd basically be showing up with the clothes on my back and in a suitcase, with no camping gear to speak of.

Lemme work on it and see what I can come up with.

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 07:05:31 PM »
I'm sure we'll get You covered for whatever You'll need.  ;)
~*~~*~

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 12:11:28 PM »
This looks so much more fun than the motel. Damn.
What a great idea to have it at a campsite, Rags!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
This looks so much more fun than the motel. Damn.
What a great idea to have it at a campsite, Rags!

Join us!!!!! *S*