Author Topic: GATHERING 2015  (Read 21517 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: GATHERING 2015
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 05:48:12 PM »
Okies... that is it folks.

Naturally all are welcome to attend, but now you must make your own arrangements to secure your site for tents or trailers. It all now depends on availability tat the campgrounds.

If you do attend, you are still welcome at our fire and to enjoy time together.

But again, your site is entirely up to you at this point. There are no sites open in our area that are available. Other areas perhaps. All you can do is call and find out and go from there.

Offline jade{NS}

• Live, Love, Laugh
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 10:26:03 AM »
*suddenly wishes i lived in Ohio ... which is strange ... because i've always been a happy Canadian camper in the past* .. lol .. wishing all who are able to attend a great great weekend .. what fun!
With joy i arrive, with love i depart

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 04:38:04 AM »
Alright, after much deliberation, pricing, and discussion with woobie, we have arrived at a conclusion.

In past years, breakfast and lunch were scavenger hunts for those attending, meaning everyone ate when or where they wished. and everyone kicked in $10.00 a head for supper so we could bbq etc, and drinks were the responsibility of the consumer.

Seeing as how we will be camping, and running to town is a more remote possibility, we are going to do all three meals at the camp. If we do not get extravagant, we decided we should be able to do this with the following pricing.

Children up to six years old eat for free.
Children six to twelve are $5.00 a day.
All over twelve years of age is $15.00 a day for all three meals.
The largest expense we face overall is ice as usual.
Drinks are still the responsibility of the consumer, but coffee and punch will be available if funding allows.

This will begin Thursday night with $15.00 a head or as listed above, in order to get supper and advance items for Friday. Another collection will be taken on Friday, Sat, and Sun, and possibly an additional $5.00 a head for Monday breakfast. This is totally dependent upon what remains in the food and supply budget and stores.

So the total potential food and supply budget would be $65.00 total MAX. per head. In the past collections have grown less, or have been dropped entirely based on consumption and costs. This will once again apply. Meaning, if there are ample supplies and stores come Sat night to cover all day Sun and Mon breakfast before we leave, no further collections would take place.

If you wish to donate funds for the can to go towards purchases of additional equipment to replace old worn out items, and to purchase additional items, they will be greatly appreciated! Things do wear out and additional items are always needed to continue offering enjoyable experiences at the gatherings.

There is a little less than $20.00 left from past gatherings in the can, and that will be used to get some basic essentials to bring out to the lake upon woobie and my arrival. Propane, paper goods, etc.

Offline Salem

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 11:18:04 PM »
Finished packing. Hitting the road tomorrow. :P
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

kiahMTC

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 04:34:57 AM »
Safe travels and special memories for all attending!

(and thanks Rags for always making me feel welcome to attend  :-*)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2015, 03:53:46 PM »
Most of everyone is here and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy!  The more the merrier and that always holds true!  If you couldn't make it this year, try and make plans for next year!

Raz

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 11:01:12 AM »
Planning on being there next year for sure. Even if that means more hours for Ray to drive for Uber, which he is starting tonight.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:32 PM »
It was a mixture of wet chilly and sunny-hot at any given time this year, but everyone seemed to have fun regardless of weather!!!!!

NightStorm, flame, and G failed to make it, as did Lilac, but Sidona and Doug, Salem, Raziel and Jill and baby Camille, and woobie and I did and all seems to have gone well despite Mother Nature continuing to play her games.

Woob and I got Salem to the airport, and as of this writing he should be well into Canada by now on his return. Woob and I are home, Raz, Jill, and Camille are home. Sidona and Doug seem to be taking an extreme scenic route and have not yet even made it out of Ohio.

We tried a few things different this Gathering, and did lay plans for next years gathering to be held at the same campgrounds... as well as our first choice of sites as well as secondary.

The place was nice and clean, everything was within walking distance of everything else. We even had hot water for the showers!!!!!

Personally, I am ready for next years already!!!!!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:37 AM »
Salem was delayed at CAK and Chicago for two hours each. Sidona finally made it into Illinois.

Offline Elisa Windrider

• Fire is life....make life burn bright.
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »
I Hope all of you have fun and my thoughts are there with you all !

Elisa
Don't Waste Your time looking back, you're not going that way.
    "Ragnar Lothbrok"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 05:03:03 PM »
Sidona and Doug stopped for the night to camp, and still have roughly 300 miles yet to cover before they are home.

And you folks thought I could drag out migration. SHEEEEEESH...!!!!!

Offline Salem

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 10:08:31 PM »
I arrived home at roughly 7:30 pm today Ohio time. Just woke up from a good nap. Flights all the way home yesterday were delayed a few hours because of thunderstorm/tornado warnings around Chicago. Slow going, but I made it home. Think I am going to drive next time.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »
I arrived home at roughly 7:30 pm today Ohio time. Just woke up from a good nap. Flights all the way home yesterday were delayed a few hours because of thunderstorm/tornado warnings around Chicago. Slow going, but I made it home. Think I am going to drive next time.

Glad you made it home True!!!!! Now it is just Sidona and Doug still on the road.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
Sidona and Doug are finally in Oklahoma!!!!!  Last leg for them!!!!!

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »
we are home. so very happy to be home too.  ;D
our kitties acted like we'd been gone for a year!
Man, it's so hot here too.
I'm missing the lovely cool evenings in Ohio already, and so is Doug.

Already counting the days until next year!
~*~~*~