Author Topic: Apologies and Explanations  (Read 607 times)

Offline Torok

Apologies and Explanations
« on: November 19, 2016, 04:24:43 PM »
I feel the need to make some apologies and give a few explanations for my lack of involvement here in Tuchuck and activity in Gor in general.

I started out in Gor many moons ago, as a camp slave named groo. It was Ragnar who would officially grant me my freedom. But, that freedom only came through humility, on my part. You see, I worked hard as a camp slave, but just never felt truly happy as a slave, so I left and donned my very first Free Man persona. Eventually, I learned that my ill-gotten freedom was attained without HONOR. Anyone who knows me knows how highly I regard honor in any person. So, doing the honorable thing, I returned to Tuchuck, donning once more my slave name. I did this first, to accept the responsibility and consequences of my former actions. Ragnar, granted me penance and forgiveness as well as granting me  my freedom when he had every right to separate my head from my body.

Over the years after being granted my freedom, I served many different Homestones gaining many different honors and rankings in each home. After close to ten years in Gor, I began seeing honor being upheld less and less. As one might expect, everwhere I went I would compare the way others upheld HONOR in contrast to the way I had come to expect it after having observed and learnt from Ragnar, sadly few exhibited the kind of honor we all have come to know and love about Ragnar. He taught me what it meant to have "real" honor.

The more honor got pushed to the backburner by fellow Goreans, or rather, those who claimed to be, Gorean, the more that flame of passion for Gor began to wane, until I eventually felt it necessary to step aside and let a new generation of less honor bound Goreans have their day. That time has come to an end. Almost two years have passed, since my official return. however, due to a very hectic and time consuming rt schedule, I have not been consistently active. for that I am sorry, and would like to correct this issue. I cannot for rt reasons guarantee I can be on at specific times every day, but I can and do promise to be here throughout my day as time allows me to do so, at least once a day and more frequent where time allows.

I love Gor just as the rest of us here do, and I love my home here in Tuchuck, my first home in Gor, my ONLY home in Gor.

Love and Honor to All,

Torok Darkstar

P.S.  On a personal level, thank you Ragnar for imparting your wisdom to so many, of which, I am the least. I served you once in a camp collar, now many moons and several characters later, I serve as one of many defenders of Tuchuck alongside of you. Hail Tuchuck!