Author Topic: FW... What irritates you?  (Read 6399 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
FW... What irritates you?
« on: January 29, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »
Taking on the persona of a Gorean FW in general (Not culture specific as there are many set standards that transcend all Gorean Cultures), what would see as the top three peeves within the Gorean FW context? What is it that really ruffles your feathers about the FW of Gor in general? I already assume by your being here, that Gor being a Man's world is not an issue.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
Re: FW... What irritates you?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 05:00:04 AM »
Not a single sister replies? *Raises an eyebrow*

Offline Izee

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:57:20 PM »
...OK, Brother...I will take a stab... ;)

...First, I am very happy with pretty most all of the FW I have spent time with.  The 'DREADED KIMBA'  was a very close friend...she got me through a r/p that really affected me, r/t...I was very depressed, r/t...and she got me over the experience, and helped me have fun with r/p, again.  'Izee/Medi' was born during that time, and came alive.  Ciel of Rovere was also a good friend, and we had a blast.  We did 'things' all over Gor, and had to 'beat feet' many times to avoid a consequence.  To me, that is what r/p is...I tried, with another char, to just sit around a fire, and have slaves serve me...and I got bored and shelved my char...the serves were very nice, but why sit in front of a screen for hours doing nothing?  I also thought that the slaves should have been able to do much more, but the site had very repressive rules on the slaves.

...I guess my answer is that FW will sometimes setup a clique, and it is impossible for another FW to enter it.  They will direct r/p, and it has to go the way that they direct.  I have also seen FW be way too abusive to a 'newby' kajira, who wasn't very clear on what Gor was.  I have worked with a 'newbies' that were kajira, and instructed them, and assigned them OOC reading, on-line, to learn about Gor, and decide if it was for them. (I was a Trainer on another Home).  I had a few that were learning well, and then they left when a FW gave them a huge punishment for no good reason.  Finally, I am probably most guilty of a thing that some FW do...getting upset over a punishment...thinking that devoutly serving a Home as a FW gives them some immunity.  I won't go into details...but I thought that the punishment was WAY BEYOND what I had done...and I voted with my feet...and left.   :'(

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »
Bro, I'm shocked that you haven't had more replies to this...O.o

I don't Rp within Gor anymore, but what harm could a simple reply do? Please delete if I wasn't supposed to reply to this, regardless of history..

-| 1. Know It All Slaves: I went IC once. Had Sarant 'bathing' in the River outside of the Main Camp. A slave entered the room, and posted to me under the "Main Fires" Pulldown, proceeding to claim she could 'smell' the blood off of my Huntress. Then spoke to her, saying Tal. Um..My Character was at least 3 pasang's from the Main Camp at the time. Even after I informed the chick of this, I was supposedly in the wrong according to her. O.o lol

-| 2. Treated like a slave is above a FW: Yep, run into that many times. It pretty much goes against everything I've read within the books. It's open to interpretation I guess. Although I think this would also be important to address.

-| 3. Nothing more really. Outside of that shit, my char never really had any issues with slaves. Despite popular belief. -finger to cheek-..

hope this was ok to post. I do not wish to step on any toes. <3
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 12:30:52 PM »
Public Boards, so post public. *S*

When looking at Gor, we do have to look at it with a point of reference so to speak, despite Gor's more strict social and political boundaries.

Naturally, various cultures, varying viewpoints... same as earth.

Geographic locations and practicality... same as earth.

Wealth, poverty, and all things between... same as earth.

Then we move deeper into the personal immediate aspects. Personal likes/dislikes... personal financial status... where you are/what culture was chosen.

Some cultures place FW at lesser value, while some show them great respect. The books are filled with examples, yet beneath it all the books also tell us that  within each is a slave. (Man's world. LOL)

Often, rp is misconceived due to lack of reading entry pages, lack of knowing the areas, failing to use the PD systems in place, and there always seems to be those just looking to stir the pot so to speak, seeking things to complain about, or wishing to try to feel superior by pointing out things they feel are wrong all while never noticing they are the ones not in the groove of what is taking place.

Some Men do find greater value in a slave than in a FW. Some Men feel the opposite, Some have a way of balancing both aspects. It seems to be what he is looking at at the time, and what he wishes to see. A Man will see his love slave as holding much greater value to him than a FW he is simply passing. Of course he would. Some Men hold their sisters and/or Companion in such high regard, he notices slaves in passing, might indulge in some banter or teasing, but knows which side his bread is buttered on. Compare this to a rt situation. You may own a late model vehicle. You love that vehicle because it is yours and holds a special place for you despite there being newer, faster, sportier more versatile vehicles out there. Naturally as you travel you check out the other vehicles because they are there, because some aspect catches your eye, etc, but the vehicle you have is your favorite and you will not part with it unless the time comes you have to for whatever reason.

Would you then go out and just buy the first vehicle you see, or would you look around, compare, window shop etc until you decide what you are looking for and then go after it?

In a Gor perspective, it is not so different. Guys shop, look at the various models, and enjoy it. Women window shop for the same reasons, as do slaves. So to a great deal, it is interpretation, it is also practicality, and availability.

Your mileage may vary. LOL

Offline Yvonne

• Please... Not until I've had My blackwine...
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 05:38:12 PM »
Well, you know... I realize this thread is rather dated...    but then again... 

So am I. :)

For those of you that know me, I'm Yvonne, last recorded Matron of Chat Whisper's Tuchuks, and a long time honored guest of Ubar Ragnar and MTC.

For those of you that don't know me, or worse, don't like me, I'm sure you'll come up with your own 'name' for me.   When you do... just remember... you have to kiss your mother with that mouth, so be nice. ;)

What do I, or did I, find irritating about Free Women in general on HTML Gor?

In years past...  too many women crafted their idea of what a Free Woman is, by transposing Xena, Warrior Princess, into the picture.

Now in fairness, everyone comes to Gor with misconceptions.   The more humble and eager to learn among us, gradually cure those misconceptions, by reading the books and VERY critically considering the totality of the Gorean environment, and its diversity of culture.

But the Free Women who just couldn't resist letting their inner Xena out, getting into all kinds of hare-brained adventures that involved fighting transcripts, Ubars or other Leaders getting headaches reviewing said transcripts, and then...  the INEVITABLE dung storm on the message boards...    yeah... NOT a good look.

Both My time in the Tri Moon Panthers, and My native Tuchuks, it never ceased to amaze me... the thirst for adventure (adventure=trouble) that some had.

It was like, they woke up that day, and thought, "I think I'll go out and piss people off and end up with painful pointy things sticking out of my cold, dead body, and then complain because it's not fair!"

Such wasn't limited to the panther girls.   Oh no!   You could see this same nonsense play out everywhere!

I lost count of the times I thought, "Oh... here we go again.  *sigh*  If anyone needs me, I'll be taking a nap.  Someone wake me after the stupidity meets the sharp objects."

Another thing that caused me to repeatedly headbutt the side of my wagon's platform, among the wagons, was seeing Free Women getting into snark-fests and territory wars with slaves. 

Didn't matter which tribe... wagon life is wagon life.   And with wagon life, comes something called HARD WORK.  And with hard work, comes the simple truth that many hands make for lighter work.   Any Wagon Woman worth her salt, knows that, and knows that there's enough work to go around.   That slaves can't do it all, and that SHE had better get off her duff and pitch in to bring that water in, and do all the other things we need to do to survive on the open plains.   

Free Women and slaves HAD to WORK TOGETHER, or the entire culture was doomed to eventually die off over time.

The idiot known as Tarl Cabot... and let's be candid... he was an idiot from Earth who misunderstood more of what he was seeing, than what he actually DID understand deeply...   referred to Free Women as dour and cold.

Now... hold up...   read those last two paragraphs again.

What separates Free Women from slaves, among other things besides a collar...  is that Free Women assume a RESPONSIBILITY for their home.  Wagon axles don't grease themselves.  Food doesn't cook itself.  Water doesn't just magically appear out of nowhere.  Bosk don't get milked by the milk fairy.   

This is apparent early in the rearing of a Free Woman.   As she grows older, she has to taken on responsibility to see to it, not only that her work is done, but that all of the other work for camp survival, is accomplished.   She has to be TOUGH... and COMPETENT... to do that.   She doesn't have time for BS.   Junior high-schoolish snarkfests, jealousies and so on...  Free Women didn't have TIME for that mess.

So when I'd see Free Women getting into snark-fests with slaves... I really just wanted to throw such a 'foot in the ass' party on them, that the Torvaldslanders came rushing down to see which of their Berzerkers got loose.

By the same token, that didn't mean that Free Women of the wagons didn't smile, laugh, joke, carry on, and have their pleasant relationships... with slaves... with other Free Women... or yes, even Men!

Free Women just knew how to balance all that with the matters of simple SURVIVAL.

Which brings me to number three on my list of things that irritated me about Free Women...

The excessively manipulative and selfish twits.

We've all met Her... the Free Woman who is just BOUND AND DETERMINED to get crap started between people, while She enjoys the show and fuss about Her.

If you saw a Free Woman that looked like she fell off a kaiila at full gait... holding a broken nose, and cradling her groin... chances aren't unreasonable that another Free Woman caught her dead to rights, being a trouble-maker, and that there had been a reckoning.

On the other hand, if you saw that same errant Free Woman collared, stripped, and flying in a terrified sprawl toward the sleen pit... it's fair to say a Free Man figured out her nefarious game, and decided to bring it to a resounding halt.

A lot of the time, however, such errant Free Women would go 'undiscovered' for what they were, for an inexorable amount of time.   They were by far and away the most irritating of all.

But they usually got theirs, sooner or later. ;)

I wish you well!
Yvonne