Author Topic: Do you find any value in solo/individual roleplay ~ (Any Realm)  (Read 2528 times)

Hartlyn

Hello Webmaze,

I'm hoping to get a bit of feedback from any role-player whom like to share their opinion.

There is no better or wrong answer. What do you say?

Lady Hartlyn

Hartlyn

Re: Do you find any value in solo/individual roleplay ~ (Any Realm)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:52:46 AM »
((There is a poll attached to the original post. If you click on the subject line, it will show the poll. If you go directly to the "reply" button, the poll does not show (at least for me.") I apologize for any confusion. It's my first poll... LH)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • WEBMAZE Staff
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »
It has its uses.

It assists in personal character development, fills in blanks that can not always be covered in detail in a busy tit for tat posting environment.

It can help fulfill requirements that need to be done for rp advancement, that boils down but busy, but essential work to set the stage for further rp.

It can also cause one to think of how to problem solve and accomplish a goal without reliance on others. You learn about yourself, your strengths and weaknesses.

Offline Izee

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 02:35:05 AM »
...It helped me develop my Char, and I had a lot of fun.  I would have her in 'complex' situations, and had fun getting her out.  I also learned about her.  I placed her in difficult predicaments where there was no help, and she would figure out the problem.  I still take her on solo travels.  She looks into herself, and learns a lot.  She also gets into problems that she has to get out of, I have fun doing the solo r/p.... ::)...I don't post some of those r/ps.  I just let my imagination loose, and put her in all sorts of amazing challenges.  I have tried to r/p with others, when Izee' is NOT the calm, confident Healer...and they usually just don't show up the next evening.

...I always had a blast with Kimba, I was the calm, "Red Savage Sidekick."   ::)   She would get us into other places, and all seemed to be fine...for a while   :)  Izee' doesn't speak Gorean very well, and she is only half civilized.  She sometimes doesn't understand what is going on, and reverts to her Red Savage instincts.  Kimba would haul us out of very interesting 'situations'.  ((Izee' doesn't 'cyber'...but she will do a good preparation to cyber...and then I just log off, or go into pm to talk with the other typist of other issues.  ::)

...Izee' is a "Soulplayer', when you see her...you see a part of me.  And yes, I have had a very interesting life so far.  I have had amazing accomplishments, and astonishing failures...but I still get out of bed every morning.

...Izee' is me.  She is very passionate, and has a love of the 'fun' things in life.  She likes unusual challenges, and will go off on her own to explore things.  (( :)  I once hiked at Lassen State Park for 10 days, by myself.  I lied to the Rangers, solo backpacking was forbidden, so I said that I had two friends that were back at the car, but I did give the Rangers a map of the Park, and marked where 'we' would camp every night.  I did check in with them, when I was done, and said that we had had a good time.

...That was a lot of fun.  My mind went into amazing places as I walked.  I was in very good condition.  I walked up the back side of the 'Cinder Cone', and the day campers were astonished...they had walked up the easier front side.  I was actually ready to just sit on my butt as I got close to the top, and let them call in a helicopter to carry me away...and then I heard a young boy call out..."LOOK, SHE IS CARRYING A PACK!"  We were at about 11,000 altitude, so there wasn't much air.  I got into my Izee' state of mind, and walked up to the top, and walked half way around the cone...constantly telling myself...'SIT YOUR GODDAM BUTT DOWN!!'  I did stop, and drank some water after a while.  It is quite a sight, I was impressed.

...I did get 'snotty' as I walked down the 'tourist path'.  I didn't look like my usual, dainty, professional self.  My dark hair was matted around my face, I had no makeup...I didn't even have a set of earrings...and I stunk.  I had stripped and taken a bath in a lake 3 days earlier, but hadn't bathed since.  I just smirked at the tourists, and finally parked my butt in a campground.  I sat at a table away from them all, and unloaded my pack.  I was very good about disposing of things.  I would dig a hole, and 'do my business', and cover it up.  I didn't burn anything, and packed out the packets and cans that held my dried food.  I put them into the cans in the campground, and ate a can of Spam, and walked out.  For some reason...no guys tried to pick me up.   ::)  I thought that I looked very 'authentic' when I looked into the mirror.   :o  But, maybe it was the large knife that I had in my belt. 

...It was a good experience, but I would not recommend it to ANYONE!!!  If I had been injured, or gotten sick, it might have been a while before I got attention.  Also, I was a lone female.  Yes, I did not look at my 'best', I didn't put on any makeup, and
 was dirty and sweaty all of the time....but guys might have liked that look.  And, when I got naked and swam and bathed for a while, and sat on a rock to dry off...something could have happened.

...The evenings were very nice.  I would find a good place to sleep, and set my sleeping bag on the thin mat.  I had small cooking utensils, and would heat up a dehydrated meal, and eat it.  I was surprised at just how good some tasted.  I would then make some hot chocolate, and I would sit, alone, just the moon and the stars lighting me, and drink it, and then get to sleep.

...It was a nice thing to do... 

Offline MageNathaniel1

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 05:52:37 PM »
It depends on if there is an ingoing rp that would be enhanced by doing so.