Author Topic: MacLaaran Village  (Read 79167 times)

Offline Praegorn

• Lady Serenitee's deepest admirer
    • Praegorn's Path
Re: MacLaaran Village
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2008, 09:37:12 PM »
~peeking over the lovely woman before him, seeing she has been busy about the craft of a kitchen, a smile curling his lips as his eyes return to her and her brow, eying the frosting which would perhaps add even more flavor to skin he knows intimately to be as sweet as the soul within~

Methinks ye've had a busy day m'love? ~chuckling as he steps foward, resting his hands upon her arms as he kisses her brow, taking full advantage to have a taste of the frosting~  And might I agree that we should forgo a dinner...~his hands sliding down her arms, taking her hands in his~ and move right on to dessert? ~leaning down, nuzzling her cheek, his lips seeking and finding her lips, having the only birthday gift he could ever want, a deep kiss from her lips~...
Editor of MacLaaran\\\'s Herald<br />MacLaaran Council member<br /><br />

Offline TimTheEnchanter

• Who? Me?
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2008, 11:35:20 AM »
Happy Birthday Prae

Offline Praegorn

• Praegorn's Path
« Reply #227 on: November 30, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
Thank you most kindly, Tim!  :)

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2009, 06:10:44 AM »
Winds of change have always had a way of turning Seren's world upside down...she had hoped that over the years it would have become easier.  This time, the changes seem nearly insurmountable...

...Taking a few moments at the cottage to gather her thoughts as she dresses and readies herself for the day.  Her mind far from at ease...a sense of forboding hanging over head like a dark cloud.

Seren gathers her cloak snuggly around her, warding off uncertainties of various natures. Her breath catches for a moment as a brisk gust of wind lifts the hood from her head, sending loose curls billowing about her cheeks.  Smoothing them back with her fingertips and replacing her hood, she makes her way to the shoppe.

She couldn't remember the last time she had actually been to the shoppe.  At one time the shoppe had been a great source of joy, or more perhaps, it was what the shoppe represented....stability, acceptance, a sense of belonging.

Entering the shoppe, Seren removes her cloak and puts it away then turns toward the counter....her fingertips lightly touching the ledger there...seeing Dahlia's fine scripting.  Dahlia was wonderful at keeping the shoppe's records in order. 

Glancing from the ledger to the shelves, noting them to be nearly empty, a frown furrowing Seren's brow as she realizes how lax she has been in her responsibilities to the shoppe. Sighing to herself as she wanders aimlessly around the room, taking mental notes as to what the shoppe needs, yet only half-heartedly caring.

Walking back to the counter, settling on the stool behind it then leaning her elbows to the cool surface...letting out another long sigh and dropping her head into her hands...her eyes closing as she tries to find that deep within her...which she has lost...her spirit.

Willing the tears not to fall as she rubs her temples and lifts her head...glancing toward the front of the store. Her eyes narrowing and her head tilting as she taps a finger to her lips..squinting her eyes again.....suddenly having an irrisistable urge to yawn.

Standing and walking to the storefront window.....eyeing not the layers of dust, but the letters, obviously made with someone's fingertip....bursting out in giggles suddenly as if madness had just taken over...reading the word left in the dust....YAWN.......reading then doing.  Funny how even reading the word would make one do the action!

Ahhh, lava had obviously been about and up to mischief.  Smiling, the day seeming to brighten a bit...as it was warming to know she was thought of even in her absence. 

Perhaps Seren needed to search harder for her missing spirit and find her joy again.

"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »
Curled snuggly against each other, they relaxed near the fire in their cozy little cottage of MacLaaran.

Words seemed not to come as they simply held each other...her head nestled against his chest, his chin lovingly resting against the softness of her curls. Warmly flickering flames cast soft light upon their features.

Letting one of her hands curl into the fabric of his shirt while the other lifts and gently touches his cheek...her eyes lifting to his. 

His head tilts, allowing his eyes to meet hers...softly, warmly smiling, he brushes away a stray curl from her cheek then lifts her fingertips to his lips.....closing his eyes with a long soft sigh as he intently presses a kiss to each fingertip.

She looks as if to speak, but still words cannot escape. Furrowing her brows a bit then lifting her cheek to his....closing her eyes...remembering that the time shall pass quickly...biting back a soft sob as she turns in his arms, slipping her own, up and around his neck...pressing as closely as she can.

In turn, his arms come around her strongly, tugging her close as if to never let her go.  His lips gently brushing tiny kisses over her cheek and temple...his voice struggling to be heard, but unable to utter even the smallest sound.

For hours they sit, cuddled together...perhaps managing softly mumbled thought. Lips lightly touch while soft sighs escape, hands attentively caress and soothe. 

Trails of tears, he smooths from her cheeks...his brows coming together as he can not stand to see her cry..yet he knows not how to comfort and reassure her that all is and will be...well. All he can do is gently cradle her in his arms and let her weep as he brushes his fingers through her silken locks.

Later, her sobs have subsided and all that's left is the soft tell tale hiccuping that often follows weeping.  Her hands remain wrapped tightly in the fabric of his shirt, her cheek rests upon a dampened area of the fabric...her lashes rest upon slowly drying streaks of tears.

Softly he whispers to her, knowing she's finally resting peacefully but wanting to once again reassure her, even in her slumber, that all will be well. Pressing his lips to her temple as he adjusts more comfortably...leaning against the plump pillows and closing his eyes to rest a while before the sun does rise. The fire will keep them warm enough til the chill of the mornin' air snakes it's way across the cool floors of the cottage.

Upon waking, the new adventure will begin and only the fates know how the story will end....or perhaps...how the story will begin...again.
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2009, 08:58:50 PM »
Daylight broke too soon as Seren sighed and busied herself, checking and doublechecking, making sure she was taking all she needed.  The carriage would soon arrive.

It would be a long trip. The time would go by more quickly if Prae were able to accompany her, but she understood that the Herald needed to be manned...though that did not keep a pout from forming on her lips.

Her thoughts drifted for a moment to her assistant.  Dahlia had nearly been running the dress shoppe for quite some time now so at least Seren was at ease that things would go well.

Making her rounds about the cottage one last time.  Taking extra care in the scullery. She had prepared several loaves of bread and wrapped them snuggly for Prae to eat while she's away. A savory stew had been prepared for his evening meal.  He should be able to make at least a few meals of that. Last but not least, she had made a basket of sweet morsels that should tide him over for at least a few days. 

Satisfied that all is ready, she sighs again, standing at the window, watching for the carriage.  Once it arrived she would be on her way with the exception of making one stop at the Herald to speak with Prae once more. It was always so hard for her to be without him. He always managed though, to ease her mind and worries.  Nothing could take away the part of her that always went missing though when they had to be apart. A little smile quirks her lips as she realizes just how spoiled she is.

Shaking her head a bit, blinking at the sound of the carriage rolling to a stop outside the cottage. Her breath catching a bit as it's time to start her journey.  Opening the cottage door then stepping outside and to the side...nodding in greeting as the driver picks up her packed goods and loads them onto the carriage. Turning back to look inside for just a moment, sighing softly as she grabs her cloak and a folded piece of parchment. Softly closing the door of the cottage before heading to the carriage.

The driver smiles and opens the carriage door, Seren nods with a wee bit of a smile then steps up and into carriage and settles into the seat....watching out the window as she feels the movement signaling the beginning of her journey.  Her hands smooth the parchment on her lap as she reads, once again....the letter from Maddie.

My dear Seren,

It's on your father's behalf that I write this letter.  I'm afraid to report, he's too ill to do so himself.  Two weeks past, he came home from the mill with a raging fever.  He insisted that it was just the heat of the day, but his palor was ashen and he was clearly in a weakened state. Stubborn man your father, for he won't let me call for a healer so I've been near to tying him to his bed in effort to keep him still and quiet while he mends. Us elderly folk do take a bit more time to heal. 

The business is floundering in your father's absence.  Seren, I'm truly sorry to have to ask this of you, were it not important, you know I would not do so. Perhaps you and Prae could use some time away from MacLaaran, come do some shopping in London.  If would surely help your father if you would come and stay on for a bit to help with mill.  He would be slightly irritated with me, were he to know I'm writing to ask this of you....he's a proud man but sometimes, just does not know what is best for him.  I think between you and I, we can wear some sense into him.

I hope to hear from you soon my dear girl and look forward to you and I spending some time together should you make the trip to Colchester.

All my love, my dear girl
Maddie

Seren folded the parchment neatly and slipped it into her cloak pocket.  She had sent a response, of course, agreeing to help with her father.  She knew how obstinate he could be and though they had their differences at times, she loved him dearly and would do all she could to help. Perhaps...as she had already pondered, Prae could follow her to Colchester once the Herald was taken care of....she hoped at least. It would be a long month's time without him.

Leaning her head back and closing her eyes as the carriage rumbles along...carrying her into yet another adventure......

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2009, 12:21:59 AM »
i stroll into the village, hips swaying, feeling very well.  i had been given permission by M'Lord and the first lass to accept the part-time job at the coffee and gift shop.  (of course, i had been told not to neglect my duties at the castle).  the small lute sways at my back as i enter the shop.  colleen, the lass who is getting married, who will be leaving the village, recognizes me and smiles.  she pours a cup of coffee, and looks over her shoulder.  'dunna worry, lass, ye need nae tae pay fer this'.  i grin at her, and sit at a nearby table.  soon, i see the Lady emerge, and i rise to my feet as She approaches.  i give Her a little curtsy, and look up at Her with my large blue eyes.

'M'Lady, this lass can accept yer offer, an' can work part-time 'er.  this lass wi' be verra 'appy tae serve yer customers, an' sing an' play 'er instruments fer them', i tell Her.  i look up at Her with eager eyes, i hope that the position hasn't been filled. 

She looks down at me, and smiles.  'very well, celeste.  my name is Sioban, and you can address me as 'M'Lady.  i can't pay you while you learn, but you can play and sing and keep any tips you are given.  for the next month, let colleen teach you how tae make coffee and our other offerings.  when colleen leaves, then you will be my main assistant.  i will give you a salary at that time, and will expect you to work hard.  i know that you live at the Castle, and have duties there, and i hope that you can balance them, and, somehow i think that you will be able to do so.

i smile at Her, 'aye, M'Lady, ye wi' fin' me tae be a guid servant'.  i give Her a deep curtsy.  She gives me a strong gaze, Her green eyes seem to look into my soul. She smiles back, 'aye, celeste, i think that you will be a good servant to me.  now, be off with ye...i sense that ye need tae be at the Castle right now'.  i give Her a grateful smile, She seems to be a very nice woman, and i think that we will have a nice future.  i look over the shop...i am starting to see it as 'our' shop, and i am feeling very reflective as i walk back to the Castle.  'it twill be verra nice tae hae some coin fer me own...(i think that i can buy spi more gifts)...an' i can shew tha' village 'ow nice tha' Castle lasses be'. 

i suddenly hear a bell ringing, and quickly scamper up the path to the Castle.

Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
MacLaaran Village
« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2011, 07:33:38 AM »
Wisps of a warm summer breeze lightly touch her cheek as she smiles slowly, lifting a fingertip to idly twirl a satiny curl. Her eyes close as she leans forward on the window ledge...softly tinted lips parted as she takes in a long, deep breath...the undone laces of her chemise falling aside with the sharp rise of her breasts, peach curves threatening to spill over.  Bracing her elbows on the ledge then resting her chin upon her hands. Pleasant thoughts lifting her spirits....his words floating through her mind...

"My day didn't begin before before I saw you around and the sun did not rise until I saw the smile upon your face.  Those images carried me through the day and make it wonderful and now that you are here once more...I know my night will be equally sweet too...."

...turning her cheek to rest againt the back of her palm, softly rubbing it back and forth as her tongue lightly touches her lips..sighing softly as her parted lips then slide along her skin imagining they are his lips touching her so warmly, feeling his breath's kiss.....chuckling softly as just the thought of his touch raises pleasant goosebumps along her skin....a hand slips along her chin, tilting it upward slightly.........summery light twinkles as she whispers her thoughts...

My dearest Love, I know not whether I've told you this or not...actually.....I know I've not told you enough....but the day you asked for my hand was the most wonderful day surpassed only....by the day we stood together, amongst friends...and gave ourselves to one another.  There is only one who knows me with all my faults and despite how I pout...continues to cherish and soothe...and it has always been ye.

~the tenderest of smiles touches her lips as her whispered words are carried along with a melodical kiss of her contented sigh....knowing that he hears~

Offline Sir Tristram

• A Rogue by nature, a Flirt by choice
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »
has to smile as I read that post of love, and also because I was fortunate enough to be one that stood tall and proud as you two became as one  t'was a guid day and am glad that the love you shared then is still blossoming to this day  *S*

Offline spi brat

• †spiorad†
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2011, 06:44:43 PM »
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*slipping quietly into the scullery, giving wide berth tae Cookie and nodding with a soft smile at Her asortment of scullery maids as I make My way to the far table I'd previously asked Cookie tae use for the day. Picking up the large wooden mixing bowl & thinking to Myself "surely this cant be as hard as it seems". *~
(08:53:24 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*jumpind a bit startled as one of the scullery maids brings and hands to Me a basket of eggs I'd purchased at the market the day before. Drawing a deep breath as I take the basket to the boiling pot of water over Cookies fire and carefully drop a bakers dozen into the bubbling water*~
(08:57:01 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*sighing a bit relieved that I nae break any and makes My way back to the side table, lifting a linen cloth from the top of a second mixing bowl, gathering the large bowl into the crook of My arm and tiptoeing my way through Cookies scullery gathering up a bit of flour, salt, spices and seasonings. doing My best to stay well out of Cookies way*~
(09:02:21 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*smiling softly as this seems more fun than work. Picking up the third bowl as I set the bowl of seasoned breading to the side. Turing slowly as I realize Id nae gotten any utensils and that Id 'ave tae borrow one from Cookie. Pastes on My best smile and moves tae just outta Cookies reach as I slowly reach for a large scoop spoon and a ladle. Stepping the smile up a notch as Cookie tosses a glare My way*~
(09:07:19 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*quickly scurrying towards the cold room, eyes darting around a'fore spying the small crate of fresh ground hagris also bought from the market the day a'fore. scooping out several spoonfulls of the sacory sausauge and plopping intae My bowl and hip bumping the door shut*~
(09:11:57 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*takes a moment to look o'er My progress and thinking through My process, I grab the cloth and lay it along the bottom of the basket, snatch up the ladle and make My way back to the pot of boiling water and scoop out the thirteen eggs, arranging them carefully. Unable to keep the wide smile from My face as gingerly take each egg, bump it gently on the wooden table and roll it gently under the palm of My hand to encourage the shell to break away, laying each shelled egg in the bowl of hagris*~
(09:17:14 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*brushing the egg shells into the cloth lined basket and making My way tae the back door, dumping the shells into the waste barrel intended for the swine. Inhaling deeply as I return to the table and form a layer of the hagris around each egg and then carefully roll it in the bowl of seasoning. Grinning as I place each of the thirteen eggs into a large iron skillet lined with pig fat and laying it o'er the fires, shaking the skillet so each egg rolls and browns the full way around*~
(09:21:15 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*almost unable to keep from bursting into song as I make My way back to the side table, laying the large skillet to the side and with the ladle, scooping out each egg, laying it upon a serving tray. Inspecting each egg tae insure the hagriss and seasoning indeed stayed intact.*~
(09:26:07 )
Bella

is in the scullery and says to ALL: ~*carefully arranges the eggs along the tray and sets the tray on an unused serving cart and makes My way tae the Great hall to leve the breakfast treats for the O/others tae inspect. thinking tae Mysself that if they are a hit that they may be a staple of My Sweet Shoppe if Im permitted permission to open and run such*~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/8072904@N08/500180695
“Die Wunden des Geistes heilen, ohne dass Narben bleiben"..."The wounds of the spirit heal and leave no scars.”

Offline Megana

• "You cannot find peace by avoiding life."
    • Megana Rose
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »
Rubs her sleepy eyes once more as she descends the stairs, pouting that morning comes way too soon. Sighs and walks through the Great Hall, her nose suddenly twitching as she smells something heavenly...glances towards the serving tray, eyes growing wide as she looks at the delicious looking breakfast treats, not having seen them before and wondering if cookie's trying her hand at something new..

scoffs to herself Right. The only thing cookie tries her hand at is throwing rolling pins. And that isn't new.

Gingerly picks up one of the egg and sausage treats and takes a bite...

Oooohhh my goodness, that is amazing!

Continues to nibble on the wonderful creation as she runs towards the scullery and peeks her head, trying not to talk with her mouth full of food.....mm..cookie, this is brilliant!! shrinks a little as cookie grunts and responds: "Aye, not me. M'Lady Bella's work."

Ooh, well, in that case, I shall make it a point to let her know this is one of the best things I've ever tasted! smiles brightly, and feels that smile begin to fade as cookie slowly turns around, rolling pin in hand, bouncing it in the palm of the other, grunting...: "oh aye? Ye meaning to say my work is jes.....chopped liver??"

Begins to shrink back from the door... Err...um...I mean, sometimes. Literally, sometimes it is chopped liver....er...I can see that I've...disturbed you greatly....and...uh....hey! What's that over there! Points off to the distance in the scullery as she moves away from the door, and scampers through the hall towards the village, making sure to grab another delectable treat on her way...
"Wherever there is a human being there is an opportunity for kindness."-Seneca

Offline spi brat

• †spiorad†
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
It Tis whit great joy tae announce that m'Lady Bella hae returned back tae Uus here at MacLaaran and after council deliberation ...which spi may say was quite a short deliberation..giggles.....that m'Lady Bella recieved her offical Mac Scroll and key! yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
welcome haime m'Lady! Ye hae been missed and spi looks forward tae Ye taking over tae sweet shopp and tasting all thsoe delicious goodies Ye come up wit!
“Die Wunden des Geistes heilen, ohne dass Narben bleiben"..."The wounds of the spirit heal and leave no scars.”

Offline zandra

• GO PACK GO!!!
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2011, 10:43:46 PM »
((speaking of the sweet shoppe, i have an AWESOME cobbler recipe... but how do we make up cake mix in medieval times *S*))
zandra~{CM-2g}

you have to LOVE your team... no matter what!

Offline Praegorn

• Praegorn's Path
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »
One such recipe goes like this:  Bryndons. Take wine, & put in a pot, and clarified honey, sandalwood, pepper, saffron, cloves, mace, & cubebs, & minced dates, pine nuts and currants, & a little vinegar, & boil it on the fire; and boil figs in wine, & grind them, & pass through a strainer & add, and boil all together; then take flour, saffron, sugar, & water, and make cakes, and make sure they're thin; then cut them in thin slices, and put in oil, and fry a little while; then take them out of the pan, and place in a dish with the syrup, and so serve it, the Bryndons and the syrup, in a dish; & make sure the syrup is runny, & not too stiff.

....because once upon a time ago, I didst know a thing or two about....baking.  :o

And failing that......http://www.godecookery.com/goderec/grec44.htm