Author Topic: MacLaaran Village  (Read 79238 times)

Offline Sir Kyle

MacLaaran Village
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:26:33 PM »
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 07:31:55 PM by Sir Kyle »

Aurora

Re: MacLaaran Village
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 11:01:42 PM »
Aurora visited MacLaaran Thursday Night.. the hour grew late.. and Sir Tristram so kindly showed Her to a guest chamber.. then also stayed with Her

She awoke to sunlight streaming into the room.. the candles all burned out during the night... She stretches in the bed, looking to the spot where Tris had slept, seeing Him gone for the day, out to train the guards, probably..She rolls out of the bed, looking around the room.. definitly not Tris' room..She giggles softly. Seeing a basin and a pitcher of water, pours some water into the basin, then splashes it onto Her face to freshen up a bit.. looking in the glass, pulling pins out of Her hair combing it with Her fingers, then pinning it back up.. finding Her dress, tossed over a chair.. grinning, then shaking it out, before wiggling into it, pulling the laces tight. Finding some parchment and ink in the desk, sits to write a short note

Dearest Tris.. thank You for the hospitality again last eve. It was much nicer than riding Home in the dark of night. Besides, I would have been given a good paddling if I had gone Home under those conditions... ~giggles to Herself as She writes~ I do hope to see You again soon, when You have more time. As Always, Aurora

putting away the ink and quill, rolling the parchment and finding a string to tie it with.. She slips out of the room and finds Her way to Tris' door, tacking it up where He will find it later.. with a glance down the hallway, She moves toward the stairs.. She hesitates, thinking She heard soft bleating from somewhere.. She listens carefully, but it does nae come again.. shrugging, She goes down the stairs and takes Her leave.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• Life is worth living with the right friends.
    • William Taillur's page
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 08:39:15 PM »
((This board now more restrictive?  Read agreement carefully.))

William traveled over to Port Endinbourgh trusting His hired help to continue work on the cottage. The weekend was spent making business arrangements with several ship captains .... Lords from several castles ..... local merchants ... and a few gypsies.

Thoughts of Dami distracted William a few times, especially in the evenings with Dami still at MacLaaran to oversee Her shoppe and help heal clients.  Sunday eve, William sent a messenger with a parchment to Dami with the message:

My Dearest Dami,

These last few evenings have been lonesome without Ye beside Me. 
I do miss Ye so. 
Mine business should be completed soon and hope to see Ye again in the next day or so.

With all Mine Love,

William
[/i]

Also sent with the messenger was a small package for Dami containing a special gift made by a talented artist. 
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 03:26:32 PM »
A new week and already starting well.  Three ships came in with goods from forign lands and several Lords and Ladies awaiting the items resulting in a nice profit for William.  Surely needed for the rebuilding of the cottage  ;D

Among the goods were quilts, several batts of fancy cloth, some special stones and woodwork for the cottage... a supprise I have in store for Dami.  Thanking the Captains hansomly for their part, the goods were transfered to stout wagons and delivered to appropriate buyers.  William naturally traveled the rugged terain with the wagon destined for MacLaaran.

Finally arriving in MacLaaran as the sun set in the evening sky,  Mine first stop was at the cottage to off load the special items, then traveled to the village to make some deliveries, then to the Hammer for a cool and refreshing drink afore heading back to the cottage.

Heading over to the mantle where Dami's collection of weaponry was on display, I carefully added a sword and scabboard.  Then unpacking the wookwork.. an ornately designed bed frame... and assembling it in the upper master bedchambers... and draping the sides with some special green cloth with a woven in vine leaf pattern. 

Heading to the front of the cottage and unpacking the crated stones... worked feverishly to set them in place just outside the main cottage door... making sure they were as level as possible and admiring the words "Welcome to the Taillur Cottage".  Then the remaining stones were placed behind the cottage in a place Dami and I could sit and enjoy the evening together.

Being late and dark, I didst wait to assemble the stone "love bench" untill the morrow when I could again see.  Hard to assemble things in the dark.  ;D

Then heading to Castle MacLaaran, didst see if I could find Mine love and see if a mutual massage would be the order of the evening.  All that work doest make for sore muscles.
Tis the joyous things we share with our friends that brightens each day. Tis the concern, care and love shared in hard times that keeps life manageable and our friends close to our hearts.

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 03:39:21 PM »
~the driver stepped down to open the carriage door for her.
retrieving a few coins from her pouch, placing them in the driver's hand.
Nodding and smiling as she turned to make her way toward the shoppe~

~pausing a moment at the front window, her fingertips lifting to the
hollow of her throat then fluttering upward to press over her
lips...covering a light gasp at seeing the extremely risque garments displayed on
the dress dummies~

~the red satin of one corset rested just under where the swell of
breasts would fall.  Steele boning lining the curved area for added support
while the front closures were delicate hooks and eyes. The bottom edge
came to a point in the front, as is if directing one's attention to
forbidden places below.  Down the back were eyeletes laced with deep red
cording.  Her cheeks turning pink at the thought of wearing such an item. 
She had created delicates before, but none so blantantly sensual~

~another dress dummie wore a sheer, pale green, gossamer sheath that
just skimmed the mid thigh area and wrapped snuggly around feminine
curves.  Separate sleeves of matching fabric adorned the arms from mid
way..extending over the hands.  Little was left to the imagination for
certain~

~her father would never approve of such filthy items, she was sure.  Her
fingers lifting to straighten the bun on the crown of her head, then
smoothing down over the bodice of her dress before gathering up her
skirts.  Turning, only to be stopped in her tracks~

"Fancy a closer look M'lady?"....his voice taunted.  "I can only
imagine how exquisite you would look in any one of those."....~his head
nodding toward the displays as his fingertip lightly traced up her arm,
across her collarbone and up her neck~

~her eyes cold, her hand lifting of it's own accord, delivering a sound
slap to Lord Sinthale's cheek before turning and walking into the
shoppe. Waiting, cooly speaking as he enters the shoppe~

"We will conclude this business today M'lord."....~laying out the
papers to be signed, watching as he approached, looked over the papers and
signed~

"As you wish M'lady"....~he lowered his head and bowed slightly with a
chuckle...standing and looking over his shoulder as she made  haste in
leaving~

~ waving the carriage to the walk, stepping in and sighing with
relief.  Her task was complete. She could go home now by way of
Colchester, she would have that talk with her father~
"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 06:49:05 AM »
Time having ebbed forward a few days.....

~watching the countryside scenery change and become more familiar.  Sighing softly as she realizes she's nearly home.  MacLaaran...her cottage, her shoppe, her friends and most of all, her love Praegorn~

~the visit with her father had been brief, but she thought she managed to convince him to be careful in his dealings with Lord Sinthale.  It wasn't often she could make her father understand reason~

~leaning back in her seat, softly humming as the seat beneath her jars with every bump on the narrow path, sending her travel bag tumbling to the floor.  Leaning over to collect the spilled contents, suddenly lurching forward as the driver swerves and leaves her sprawled alongside her belongings......softly chuckling to herself muttering~.....Blasted sheep, always in the road....~laughing and shaking her head as she steadies herself and gathers her things~

~the last hour of the journey went quickly. No sooner had she closed her eyes for a moment's rest, she was waking to the slowing rhythm of the carriage.  Her hand poised over the door handle as it rolled to a stop.  The driver opening the door for her before she has the chance....smiling brightly as she places several coins into his hand, thanking him and telling him to just leave the baggage on the porch~

~rolling her head back and forth a bit to stretch her neck as she arches backwards, her hands resting on her lower back, nearly purring at the wonderful feeling of standing up again after the long trip.  Unlocking the cottage door, her hand moving upward to cover a tired yawn.....looking around......sighing, happy to be home....walking through to her bedroom to just fall into the soft covers of her bed...tugging them up over her not even caring to undress....yawning once again before her eyes drift closed...a soft content smile crossing her lips~

"If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one."

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 01:25:08 PM »
~finally waking from a hard night's sleep, stretching and sighing softly as she gets out of bed....chuckling to herself as she realizes she's still completely dressed~

~sitting up and swinging her legs to the side so she can slip off her shoes. Her fingers firmly kneading her tired feet before tugging her heavy skirt upwards, sliding up her calves past her knees to the tops of the stockings resting snuggly around the tops if her thighs.. Softly humming as she rolls them down and removes them one by one, wiggling her free toes with a grin~

~getting up from the bed with a slight spring to her step, walking across the room to the dressing screen. Gasping as she catches a glimpse of her dishelveled hair in the vanity. Stripping off her cumbersome traveling clothes in exchange for the delightful feeling of a soft, cottony chemise, long enough to skim just above her knees~

~padding across the cool floor to the vanity, her fingers working to find all the errant pins securing her messy upswept hair. Shaking her head finally, sending the soft curls spilling down her back. Turning to make her way out to the pond. No one should be about just yet so it may be safe to take a leisurely swim before getting back to life as normal~

~collecting a small bar of specially made soap and a tall thin container of floral scented liquid. She had ventured into a bath shoppe in London and selected a few luxury items she would normally denied herself. Taking up a large soft towel as she heads out to the pond~

~closing her eyes as she lifts her chin, letting the warm breeze lift across her cheeks. Laying the towel across a nearby bush then wading into the water, the thin cotton fabric clinging to her as she keeps walking until the water laps at her waist. The soap in hand as she lets the container float...leaning back into the water, immersing her head then coming back up. Smoothing the water from her cheeks. Lathering the soap as she softly sings....sliding her hands along her arms as she pushes the wet fabric upward~

~cupping her sudsy hands to gently cleanse her face then rinsing then, scooping and splashing water to her cheeks. Having washed completely she tosses the soap toward the shore then takes up the container. Pulling the cork off then waving the container beneath her nose a bit...inhaling the soft scent of gardenias. Pouring a bit onto the crown of her head, recorking the bottle and letting it float again. Her fingers gliding into her hair, lathering as she tips her head back to avoid getting any in her eyes. Leisurely massaging her scalp...sighing softly as her fingers work the lather thouroughly to the ends of her locks~

~laying back in the water, her arms outstretched to the sides as she slowly kicks her feet, floating across the pond while rinsing away the bubbles. Shivering just a bit as a breeze blows across the water, kissing parts of her body. The clinging, wet, cotton of the chemise nearly a second skin. Floating about for just bit. Hearing voices in the distance, she decides it's time to get on with her day. Turning her body about as she sets out in a slow front crawl. Her feet grazing the pebbly bottom of the pond as she walks out to the shore. Her chemise virtually transparent..leaving little, yet all to the imagination.....her cheeks turning pink as she smooths the water as best she can from her limbs, then wrings her hair into a tight rope....water trickling to the ground. Taking the towel from the bush and wrapping it around her shoulders as she goes back into the cottage to get ready for the rest of her day...musing as she enters the cottage and closes the door...wondering if Prae will like the new scent she chose~

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 07:09:12 PM »
Getting called away again from MacLaaran to do business in Endinburgh... spent several days sorting out different problems.. and taking care of various matters.  Then a messenger arrived with urgent dispatch saying a relative of Mine had departed the earth.

Sending a message to Mine Beloved Damiana that I would be gone a few more days to attend the funeral up north and included a small gift of needed herbs for bug bites.

Purchasing proper attire for the funeral and getting Mine staff back on track, didst then gather what I needed for the 3 day trip, mounted Mine stallion, and rode up north.

(( RT .. Grandmother passed away last weekend.. funeral two days from now.  Be back when I can...  ))

Aurora

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 03:02:40 PM »
Once again finding Herself at MacLaaran on a Friday morning, penning a short message to tack up on Tris' door

Tris, thank You for the lovely evening last night... I am glad the spanking machine wasn't used this time, that was quite an experience! I see what You mean though.. about you know Wwho next door... I do hope to see You visit Schone soon, I'll have one of the slaves clean out the cobwebs from Your chambers. See You soon...

Aurora

Slipping out of the room, placing the note where He will be sure to find it.. then making Her way downstairs, saying hello to seth, then slipping out.

Offline Sir Kyle

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 07:14:47 PM »
So that was all the noise lava and I heard last night!!
 :) ;) :D ;D

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 09:24:48 AM »
~a new day was dawning.  The warmth of the morning sunshine beginning to peek through the sheer folds of fabric at her window, casting a soft glow across her form...seated in a rocking chair near the hearth~

~leaning her head back and closing her eyes, gently twisting her neck side to side as she lays her sewing aside.  Lifting her arms way above her, arching her back into a much needed stretch. Wiggling the blood flow back into her fingers. Pointing her toes then curling them into the soft rug beneath her feet. Laughing as she hears several little creaks, surely signs of her having sat up too long sewing~

~standing up for a moment, hand on her hips as she twists at the waist, loosening tight muscles.  Sighing softly as she sits back down.  Taking up her sewing once again, her fingertips lightly tracing over the elegant lace covering the bodice of the gown.  Laying the garment across her lap, lining up the sides of the back to make sure the lacings will be straight.  Smoothing her fingetips along the soft blue fabric, hoping this is what Sir Kyle had in mind~

~the design was perhaps not something the womenfolk of the village would prefer, but she thought it would look lovely on lava. The empress waist high, but angled unlike most she had seen.  Long flowing, bell sleeves crafted of the same lace that covers the upper bodice. She had nipped and tucked the fabric to accentuate lava's tiny waist and created a "v" at the neckline with an embellishment of lace to show off...other things. The back was her favorite  part of the garment. She had layered lace over the back bodice, edging the sides with a scalloped notion she had picked up on her trip to London.  The dress would be snugged with satin ribbon lengths~

~having only the lacing and hemming left to do, she neatly folds the garment, puts her sewing supplies away in a box near the hearth. Making a mental note to the bring home the bolt of fabric she laid aside for lava's riding britches.  Standing, looking toward her bedroom, her bed seeming to call her name, the looking out the window toward the pond wondering if a morning swim may wake her. Walking to the door, opening it just a bit..shivering feeling the morning chill still in the air....closing the door, chuckling as she goes to take a bit of a nap...at least until the heat of the day sets in~

Offline WilliamTaillur

• William Taillur's page
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 07:05:29 PM »
Settling in MacLaaran for a few days..finally having retrained Port Endinburg personell on proper business practices... kicks back in a large multicolored and overstuffed chair.

Chatting a little with cookie .... talks her into making a berry pie.... oversized and stuffed with berries... for this evening's dinner.

Then a messenger enters and says a package has arrived.  I pay the messenger his due fees and a little more for a tip, thanking him for the package.  Hiding the package under Mine chair, waits for Dami to enter later.

Aurora

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 04:38:32 PM »
waking in the afternoon... after having spent several nights here... seeing Tris gone to finally tend to His duties.. She stretches and slips out of the bed.... finding Her dress.. She pulls it on... then pinning Her hair up as best She can... opening a few drawers in the desk until She finds a parchment and some ink....settling into the chair and picking up the quill, dipping it in the ink then writing...

Dearest Tris
I had a most pleasent time over the weekend
I hope to see You again very soon,
but until that time, know You are in My thoughts
Always, Aurora

rolling the parchment and finding a bit of string to tie it with... gathering the rest of Her things and then slipping out of the room, hanging the note on the nail She stuck on the door last time.. laughing softly that it would still be there...She makes Her way down the stairs.. greeting seth as She slips out the door of the castle...

Offline Serenitee

• Forever His
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 10:54:52 AM »
~walking along the edge of the pond, pausing a moment to dip her toes into the cool water...sighing softly as she turns and makes way back into the cottage. Crossing the floor to the desk near the hearth, sitting down as she takes out her journal, quill and ink.  Lifting the finely bound journal up to blow the dust off. Leaning her head to the side a bit, slumber tussed curls falling over her shoulder~

~dipping the quill and writing~

July 25

It's been a very long time since I've written here. My father asked me to take care of a matter in London for him about a month ago, conerning his business.  I did not wish to do this, but sometimes he can be quite formidable and it's best to just do as he asks. ~a frown creasing her brow as she dips the quill again~

The trip went well aside from having to cross paths with Alex Sinthale.  I truly wonder what I was thinking where he is concerned. I am years older, and wiser now. ~lifting a brow as she shakes her head gently~  I hope.

I've written here often of M'lord Praegorn. ~softly smiling~  Just saying his name brings a smile to my lips. He's taught me a great deal about myself, unbeknownst to him of course. At times, he seems to know me better than I know myself. ~quietly laughing while reloading the quill~  A jovial, loving soul he has and I still wonder at why he seems to enjoy my company. Not an evening goes by where I am not thinking of him and the times we spend together.

Last eve there was a ball held at the castle.  It was a beautiful evening for it.  M'lady Aspen and M'lady Lunar were lovely.  Sir Kyle's beauty lava was as radiant as ever.  The love between them is ever apparent.  All one has to do  is watch their eyes when they meet. Truly a remarkable couple. ~brushing the feather edge of the quill over her lips before another dip into the ink~

I managed to fashion a new gown in hopes of turning M'lord Praegorn's eye. I think I am becoming a bit obsessed.  When he arrived, my breath caught and nary a word could form on my lips as he walked toward me. I can't even put into words the effect just the light touch of his lips to my hand can cause. ~musing as she ponders, thinking it would wonderful if someone invented a quill that did not require constant dipping....laughing merrily to herself~

Once I was able to breath again, we danced. I do so love dancing. The banquet table was lovely and full of nearly anything one could imagine from delicate pastries to luscious bits of fruit to a fine selection of wines. M'lord Praegorn and I passed a bit of time there before going back to dancing.

The music was wonderful last eve. We were even treated to a performance from Sir Kyle. ~biting back a chuckle here~  It was an early celebration of sorts for Sir Kyle and lava.  An anniversary.  ~a soft smile lifting her lips~  I hope I can one day celebrate such a wondrous event.

The evening ended much too quickly. As normal, M'lord Praegorn and I were last to leave.  The walk back to the village was strangely quiet with only a few murmured exchanges between us. It pains me to say goodnight to Praegorn. I watch out the window when we part....watch him go and feel a loneliness set in as he disappears into the shadows.  I know I am probably being silly. ~thoughtfully biting her bottom lip as she dips the quill one last time~

Today I think I will rearrange the cottage then maybe pack a picnic lunch...and try to tempt M'lord Praegorn out of  the Herald.  I do so miss him.  I wonder...~softly chuckling~....what he would think were he to know how much I think of him.

~setting the quill and ink aside as she lightly blows across the parchment, helping the ink to dry.  Standing and stretching a bit as she sets about her daily tasks..softly humming a tune from last eve~

Offline TimTheEnchanter

• Who? Me?
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 02:47:46 PM »
Oops... just discovered this sub-board... shows how much I pay attention (copied from the Medieval main board, where it didn't belong)

Appears at the bottom of the staircase... looks about the hall, but sees no one... feeling a bit peckish, heads for the scullery to see if cookie has left anything that he might make a lite meal from...

upon reaching the scullery looks through the bread bin... finds a small round loaf, and withdraws it... wonders where the knives are...

looking through an upper cupboard comes across a partial wheel of what looks to be cheddar... still not having found any knives of any sort, ... can't imagine how a scullery is to function without knives... withdraws the daggar from the sheath inside his right boot, and slices a generous portion from the wheel...

with bread in his left hand... and the daggar and newly sliced cheese in his right... he decides that looking for a plate of some sort might be a good idea... he sets the bread, cheese, and daggar down on the wooden countertop... this all looks so much easier when one of the lasses is doing it... he opens several cupboards below counter level, and discovers many interesting items.. none of which are plates, of course... withdrawing a wooden implement that looks like a large square paddle, with small holes drilled in it in regular intervals to form a grid, he swings it through the air, but has absolutely no idea what it is used for... returns the instrument, and continues searching for a plate... surely they have plates... he's seen them... they must be here somewhere... he keeps looking...

finishes looking through every under counter cupboard with no plates to be found... decides to start with the upper cupboards... upon opening the first of the uppers he is greeted with shelf upon shelf of goblets, wine glasses, pewter tankards, and on the top shelf his plain pint glasses... he reaches up and snags one of the pint glasses easily then turns towards the cool room door that he has watched so many disappear through before... he pauses, and remembers fondly the effect the cool room has... then deciding he really doesn't need to endure such, places the glass in his left hand, and snaps the fingers of his right... the glass turns misty grey... then black as the pint has been filled with Guinness... the top 1/4 inch is a line of tan foam that meets the very rim of the glass... he smiles to himself as he views the "perfect pint"... turning back to the scullery counter, still plateless, he takes a sip of the Guinness, and then sets the pint down to continue with the search...

opens cupboard after cupboard, but alas comes across no plates at all... stands in the middle of the scullery bewildered... deciding that this is entirely more trouble than it is worth, snaps his fingers, and a small pewter plate appears on the wooden countertop beside the small round loaf and the slab of cheese... he quickly places bread, cheese, and daggar on the plate, then collecting plate in left hand and the pint of Guinness in his right, heads out of the scullery, shaking his head in wonderment at the tasks set before the servants...

crosses the main hall to find a spot to sit down... and see's Seren enter... he smiles and waves the pint glass hand at her before selecting a suitable chair, and sitting in front of it on the stone floor...