Author Topic: addition to our territory  (Read 4165 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
addition to our territory
« on: December 03, 2005, 03:35:32 PM »
since this is the discussion and learning center i felt i would just throw this up here for discussion.

if you enter our Tuchuk Territory room you will notice a new feature in the posting section of your window. a dice roller has been installed.

there are many options offered with the roller but for right now focus only on the six sided die.

the roller will naught be used to determine any combat issues. it is there just to add a bit of fun and chance to the rp without manipulating the timestamps as some are able to do. this feature should come in handy for all those who hunt there.

for example... you are hunting tabuk. make your usual detailed post of hunting, using your weapon and the attempt to take down the prey. remember to be detailed. click the dice roller option and then select the six sided dice for then two dice to roll. roll the dice and the first dice number will indicate a hit or a miss by the even odd system. the second dice will indicate the severity of the hit if you rolled an even number with the first dice. a six would be a clean kill down to a one being a hit but the animal is barely wounded possibly due to a weak arrow shaft, loose tip, a last minute movement of the prey whatever.

then proceed with the rp of dressing the kill or continuing after your prey until you take it.

this is just one possibility for use of the roller. it is for chance and enjoyment only. it will naught be used to decide life or death situations between actual combatants.
a system could also be worked out for use in the bola run... target practice... various wagering... the potential uses are almost limitless.

so visit the Tuchuk Territory and experiment with the roller and see what you can come up with in regards to a new approach to an old situation. offer suggestions and potential systems for the various activities the roller could be used for here.

do make note... this is only to add color to rp. it is not to be used for life or death between actual characters. it is naught meant to reduce actual Gorean rp to a game. it is simply to add some color to our already day to day rp experience.

so enjoy and offer up ideas and systems!

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
Re: addition to our territory
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 05:16:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

-Jedi Council of the Dew-

"May God Help My Enemies, Cuz I sure the Hell Won't"

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 09:33:46 AM »
I LOVE this idea!  I'd like to see slaves using this system for, say, catching a runaway kaiila or herding grumpy bosk... It could be used during migration to determine how one's wagon fares.  As you said, the possibilities are endless!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:27:49 AM »
oh geez, now I can see him with a list of numbers and their corresponding incidences... ~laughs~

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 01:13:28 PM »
-just GRINS cause it seems like SOMEONE does like the dice roller after all-

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Taryn

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 03:11:50 PM »
it HATES me... 5 tries and all misses... I don't like this dice roller thingy anymore...

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 03:52:48 PM »
-wonders about using this for Furring- LOL  ::) :P :o ;D jk LOL

-Jedi Council of the Dew-

"May God Help My Enemies, Cuz I sure the Hell Won't"

Offline Taryn

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 04:44:15 PM »
not even funny

Vala

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 07:53:24 PM »
First off let Me say, Im not trying to rain on Aanyone's party... Now with that said, I personally dont care for the dice roller, used them in other sites and hated them...  And yes yes I know  People abuse the timestamp thingy.. But I aint One of Em...  But for Aall of You that like the dice roller have a blast with it.. * smiles*..  And yes Im putting My two cents worth in.. * shrugs*

Vala

Offline Taryn

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 03:08:05 AM »
was wondering if we could have a small demonstration of how to use the dice roller for those who don't completely understand it.. ~smiles~

Offline Taryn

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 03:45:49 PM »
~knows that bumping this up doesn't do anything, but at least it gets those who keep trying to use the dice roller for fun in the room, to find out what it's all about~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 05:59:50 PM »
for hunting try this.

roll three six sided die.

the first die number is the difficulty to simulate the windage, elevation, visual conditions, etc. this is the target number you need to meet or exceed.

the second die number is your shot. if it is equal to the target number or exceeds it the shot was good. if the shot was good you may ignore the third die. if the number was less than the target number, your shot missed. you will now refer to the third die number. that is the number of posts you must make before you can shoot again. these posts would contain your actions to move to a closer vantage point, catch back up to the critter, etc. then you can make another shooting post and roll again to see how you do.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 11:09:28 PM »
~bumps this up so those can read the last post on this thread~