Author Topic: FM topic 1-17-06  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
FM topic 1-17-06
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »
"I had been so much a fool as to be sad. That is not the mood in which to enter battle, even the battle which one knows one cannot win, even the ultimate battle in which one knows is doomed to defeat. Do not be sad. Better to take the field with laughter, with a joke, with a light thought, with a buoyant thought, or to go forward with sterness, or in fury, or with hatred, or defiance, or calculation, but never with self pity, never with sadness. Never such things, never them!" (Vagabonds of Gor, p.446)

Think upon this from the codes of the Caste of Warriors and how does it apply to you and its meaning in your words.  I find it fitting to think on this, this day, this time of tribulations.

Raz
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 08:28:25 AM by Raziel »

Offline Danial

Re: FM topic 1-17-06
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 09:44:30 AM »
To enter battle in sadness or self pity is to kill oneself or aid others
in doing so.  A warrior does not kill himself or aid others in doing so.
Enter battle in joy, anger, hatred, or conviction.
pg.446, Vagabonds of Gor

Sadness at the thought of going into the storm is one thing but self pity is another thing completely. Who are we to judge before hand that it can not be won worse odds have faced through the ages and over come.

Do not be blinded by foolish thought we have brains weigh the tasks and act on them with clear thought as an old woodworker told me once"measure twice and cut once"

Seems to be fitting for all of life.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 10:16:45 AM by Danial »
It is better to have lived fully then to die and old man