Author Topic: FW Topic...1-26-06  (Read 2779 times)

Vala

FW Topic...1-26-06
« on: January 26, 2006, 10:39:28 AM »
How do You, My Sisters of Tuchuk see courage and success from  the stand point of a FreeWoman and does it only pertain to honor ?

" ‘To a Tuchuk,’ said Harold, ‘success is courage---that is the important thing---courage itself---even if all else fails---that is success.’ "
Nomads
Page 273

Vala

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
Re: FW Topic...1-26-06
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:34:01 PM »
What that quote means to me, is that if we have the courage to try, to attempt something, even it we fail at it, we have succeeded, by having the courage to try.  As for it only pertaining to honor, I feel that no matter what we do, as Tuchuk, we do so with honor.  Whether it is something as simple as stoking the fires, cooking a meal, tending to wounded, showing the slaves that what they do is important also.....or helping in defending the home, helping others to learn....no matter what we do, we do so as Tuchuk and honor our home.
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Amantha

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 01:47:54 PM »
Courage is shown differently in each Woman but utlimately courage is the ability to stand up, endure, and survive any adversity or conflict, this will make us stronger, and in doing that We suceed... Courage is Survival.  How we use what our past to make our future and the future of other Goeans better, shows our level of honor.. "To My own self be true" and that truth/honor will be shown to others,

Offline Geona

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 02:48:51 PM »
It is My opinion that this quote is saying, I tried, in that trying I found success even if what I tried failed, at least I put forth the effort to do it. Each step that one stumbles over only strengthens the next. I tried, I failed, I will try again, it is  in the not giving up again one finds success,  if One fails and sits out the next round, they have found no success, only defeat.

as to how honor pertains to courage, Id think it would have to be seen in the eyes of others, not self. You can say I am an honorable Woman but does Your fruits, Your trials .. all that You do, show that You  have honor. In other words.. One could be asked to spar, is the honor in winning, is dishonor in losing, or is honor seen in just the stepping in the pits. Or Do others see You actions and comment.. That is an Honorable Woman for even trying, win or lose?

You could simply say  I wont, I am afraid.. Youve given up Your honor to fear, there can be no success and others will say there is no honor in fear, but if You go in, fighting the fear and do the best You can, even when failure looms, You will be seen as honorable.

I am begining to ramble I hope this makes sense.

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone …"

Offline Sati

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 08:18:15 AM »
The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of courage, and for a Free Woman on Gor even more so because she could be easily killed or collared for standing strong on what she believes is right. But stand strong I must because if I do not I have betrayed myself and that is not couragious it is simply safe. I will not go down without a fight . I will place the words of my theme song here, Ive loved this song forever, I am a very intense person, sometimes it works in my favor, sometimes not, but I always do what I believe is right and stand to face whatever consequences may come my way with plenty of courage as my only friend. I roleplay Sati this way and I am very proud of the character Ive created, she may not rub everyone the right way but she always rubs -winks- 

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down
No, I won't back down

Tom Petty

Sati

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Karanis

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 08:32:42 PM »
I stand as I am..........Short and proud, and if any have issue, than come and bring it, because I as a Tuchuk, will stand with courage in my heart and coursing through my veins, if I should fall in the battle, so be it, my sisters and my man will carry to the pyre that will send me to Odins doors.  A tuchuk woman has nothing to fear except her own tongue. and the ability to control it and think things out to get them they way she thinks they should go............MY WAY.

Mysta

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 10:49:40 AM »
*grins at Karanis's words...
I love that saying...about well behaved women....
You will never fall, not while I am near.....I am so very happy that Ragnar found You...and that You are truly, a Ubara sana!
*grins and hugs*