Author Topic: FW Topic...2-3-06....  (Read 2955 times)

Vala

FW Topic...2-3-06....
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:44:30 AM »
Please read the quote then answer the question.

`The most dangerous lies,' I said, `are those which we tell ourselves.'
Page 468 Vagabonds of GOR

What lies do We as FW tell Ourselves and in doing so is it Our undoing ?

Vala

Vala

Re: FW Topic...2-3-06....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:11:39 AM »
~ glances as none has responded, takes a breath and begins to write~

Lies I tell Myself... ~ sighs softly and lets down the shield for just a lil bit~... I tell Myself I am just as good as My Sisters,that I have a strength that is never ending.. That I can be more then Who and what I am..That no matter what I would never harm Oone of My home...~shakes My head and continues~.. That I know My place at all times...And that I have the abilities to be some day a good and proper Mate... Do I see any of these lies I tell Myself as My Own undoing.. ~sighs softly~  Aii I do..Sometimes I have tried so hard to be as My Sisters that all I end up doing is just seeking more solitude... As for My strength emotional and physical,it does have a limit and I tend to break down alone in silence for I have always felt to show My emotions was weakness...I guess to sum it up, I walk a very fine line I always have and someday I pray it will be easier to walk...~ softly lays down the quill, glancing to the plains~

Vala

Offline Geona

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 10:24:27 AM »
Ok I misread this and had to rethink My answer.. ~ lifting the chalk I begin to leave My own words and mark~

The biggest lie I tell Myself, is that others are as honest with Me as I am with them. That the respect and love is returned freely, as I give it. That I tell Myself loyalty, honor, support, love and caring among other words all have the same meaning to them as it does to Me.

How is it My undoing? I end up hurt, feeling alone, and wondering  why.
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone …"

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:27:23 AM »
Lies...I tell myself.  That I can do anything, without help, without advice, that I am wiser than I believe I am.  Undoing in such?  I end up needing the help long after I have tried and tried and tried and failed, and by then I am so frustrated that the help doesn't feel welcoming at all.  It's an endless loop. A loop that I should really learn to end, but just can't find the pride inside myself to ask for help when I need it, rather than wait until the next second.

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 11:27:04 AM »
It seems to me, that what I tell myself is the exact opposite of what I read my Sisters saying.  My thoughts are that I am not as good as my Sisters and that I am not as strong.  It has been my undoing, because I am as good and as strong....just that there are times I cannot see the forest for the trees so to speak.  I know that I have strength....if I did not, I would not be here.  I know that I have worth, if I did not, others would not care. 
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Amantha

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 08:01:25 PM »
The main lie I tell myself is that I will not let my past haunt and ruin my present and future.. Why is that my undoing, because I still find memories in the most simple of things and it takes too much energy to relive those emotions again and again.  Better to just acknowlege My past in life and love, know that I shall not return to those times again, and live My life in the NOW.

Karanis

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 08:20:23 PM »
well, there are a lot of ways I could answer this..........as Gretchen, the rt woman, my early twenties to mid twenties were spent......lying to everyone including myself......clubbing, partying, dancing all night long, I loved the MTV life, and had beautiful friends around me, beautiful powerful friends, both male and female........I had what I wanted when I wanted it at no known thought to whomever it would affect.....the selfish and self deceiving lies I told went inward and created a monster of such bitter remorse, snarling beast of non-committal the world owes me everything simply because I'm me...it was all about me until I met someone that reversed that, got passed all that mess and manipulated me one step further.........the pain I cant describe....the humiliation I cant describe..........but in the end......I dealt him his most painful blow......I aborted his child that he did not know about, and I told him I would have nothing to do with him for the rest of his life...and no, he never found out........a bad end to a bad beginning...........but what I learned from that...........what I pulled away from that after the fall......was to pull myself back around, and I have the ability to never be manipulated from that again, nor by any one else's hands..........I have the hands of my husband rt, but he by no means controls them, he is my match in all things, deep and not so deep, I simply had to stop the prancing, the games, the manipulations, and I found the purest love of all...............patience with beauty...........I see the world so much differently now..........its beautiful, its lucid, I do what I want when I want how I want it when I want it.............it's simple, and I have a strong man to watch me, and give me that patient grin when I've gone too far...........a true Odin made match I have ladies...................and the key.....is to let the lies you tell yourself mold you for a while...........see how the mold fits...........if feels uncomfortable, change the mode and see why you're lying to begin with...........because if you go in the right way to start the process, you will come out with a healthy realization that you can do whatever you want to do...............you just have to find a way to do it................so aye, these lil self lies are a necessary motivator for my sisters to get what they want as long as they make the right choices along the way, for the wrong choices will simply end them up being dead......................cheers! Kar

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 11:41:51 PM »
my lies have closed me off to my family, I have tried to open myself up and explain the haunting dreams and memories I have, but as time goes on, I can't do that, so I just lie and tell everyone I am fine, that nothing is bothering me and that's not true.. each day that passes those words I say to another hurts me more and more, putting up a wall between those who love me and myself..

I am not one who is easy to open up as my trust has been pushed to it's limits and I am very wary of those who try and pry me open like they can solve my problems with a single word or sentence.. so I keep lying to everyone, pushing my own feelings back and placing a mask over my face and going on with my life.. but knowing that some day in the future, those lies will come back to haunt me in a worse way, but again I lie and deny that I will be able to overcome that battle as well, on my own