Author Topic: FW Topic.. 2-10-06  (Read 3122 times)

Vala

FW Topic.. 2-10-06
« on: February 10, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »
Well You know the drill Sisters....

Do not ask the stones or the trees how to live , they can not tell you ; they do not have tongues, do not ask the wise man how to live for, if he knows, he will know he cannot tell you; if you would learn how to live, do not ask the question, its answer is not in the question but in the answer, which is not in words; do not ask how to live, but, instead, proceed to do so.
Marauders of Gor - Page 9

Now I put to You this question....   Do We simply live because We breath or is it more ?

Vala

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: FW Topic.. 2-10-06
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »
At times, it is all we can do to live.  Emotions, disasters..all weigh heavily upon us.  But it is for those moments of utter bliss, of contentment, of happiness, that we live for.  Our lives may be one big cluster of bad things, but in the middle of that, in the eye of the storm, there is that brilliant ray of sunshine that reminds us, that we live...for this.  We live for all that there is to live for.  We live for the smiles, the tears, the disappointments, and the excitements of life.  As Tuchuk, we savor life, it is never wasted, and we live for our lives, and others lives.

Offline LadyMuse

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »
*ponders the quote a moment...and then the question*

I know I do not ...to breath is to live...physcially....but..does not mean one truely lives.....to truely live..one has to be able and willing to experience a wide range of emotions and situations which cause these emotions to come out......Joy, sorrow,happiness, contentment, anger, rage, disappointment, peace, love.....all of these and more are needed to truely live....to truely understand an be ALIVE.....a person may breath...but that does not mean they live....becuase breathing is an autonomical function of the nervous system....one doesn't have to have a brain or heart metaphroically speaking of course to breath.....one can be totally catatonic or in a coma and still breath....but...that does not mean they live...to live ...is to breath in one aspect along with many other things...but to breath..is NOT to live.

LM

Offline Geona

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 01:24:47 PM »
inanimate objects exist, ppl who merely breath exist.. to live is different. To live is more than to breathe.. to live is more than just walking through each day. To live is to feel, to touch,  emotions, others, then the feeling inside is what lets you know You live... ( no gutter thoughts here Im being serious lols ) .. a smile, given and returned,  a touch of a hand, extended or taken... a word spoken or heard, to live is to love, to see, touch, hear. To live one must know that outside of Yourself there is a world and not just step into it but become part of it, each light we carry is what shows we live, the light may dim, flicker to burn like a bright tourch but in it, as long as that light shines, we live. To exist would simply mean walking blindly, deafly unfeeling untouched and unfelt by others...  if You merely exist, then You are merely there. Living is knowing that all You do effects others, by doing  this, encouraging others not to exist but to live. 
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone …"

Offline Tiggie

• Stop the world..... I want the hell off!
    • Nightly Sins, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 02:55:16 PM »
No offence  but Garth Brooks said it best.....

"Life is not tried it is merely survived if Your standing outside the fire"

As in Survivor , Fire=Life without it there is no comfort no warmth no heat.  We as FW  give the comfort of a Mother to those around Us. We are to warm the hearts of the  grumpy Warrior, to give yet one more reason to want to return home from battle. Not to lay in the furs with Us  but to be looked on with the love and respect of an Equal and Someone whom chose Him as much as He chose Her.  it is the slaves heat that gives them life, it is their heat, their fire in their bellies that  set His furs afire in a way that We as FW would never dare dream. (( Maybe dream but would never admit to ***LOL***)) Without these fires that W/we keep burning that life continues around Us.  TO loose these fires within ourselves would be equal to no longer living  You would be but a shell of a being  walking around, without  passion there is no fire, without fire there is no life... and standing outside the fire is no way to live. That is how You merely survive  .. I for one want to LIVE not survive.

Sandra

Offline Dream

• Some dreams are meant to be silent
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 09:55:41 PM »
There was something My father used to say.... "Some people eat so they can live...I live so I can eat!"  Perhaps too, it is that some people breath, so they can live.....yet others live so they can breath.  If one cannot live to the fullest, there is no point in breathing. We have to enjoy life, what it gives us, what is teaches us, the challenges we must face.  Each breath must be a joy, even in times of sorrow, and times of feeling unworthy of breathing...... Enjoy life.
Dreams are born in the heart and mind, and only there can they ever die...unless someone else stomps on them

Offline Amantha

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 09:32:06 PM »
We exist because we breathe. We live because we survive. How we do that depends on each one individually and no one can follow the other's way, each has to find there own way to exsist, to be, to go on, to be an individual, an Original, because copies never survive.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 02:24:58 AM »
we live for the breath we breathe, but also for other means of living.. if you only live to breathe then you are missing out on those things that are around you, like family, friends and loved ones outside of yourself.. I live for not only myself but for those who depend on me to help them strive to the next day, whether it be just another person to fill the void, or to help rebuild something they feel they have lost inside themselves.. we might be individuals, but we aren't worth anything alone, we are worth more binded together as a whole...

Mysta

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 10:46:36 AM »
I see the vibracy of Life,....
Within a slave.....her heart and soul, devoted...respectful....eager to serve, with all her belly and heart..
Within a Free Woman....mindful of Her Brothers and Sisters...devoted to Her Caste and tasks...contributing...vibrant...enjoyable to speak with and be heard...Tuchuk Women have the fiercest Pride...as, They are not lofty, veiled...City Women....they work their butts off.
Within a Warrior, within a Man of Any Caste....always a source of guidance, a leader yet not a Ubar, honorable, steadfast....and firm in His beliefs....From the peasant, who would defy a army to defend the homestone in His hut....
To the Mighty Askari...spears thrown in sport to a stranger....wagering with delight and ferocity in their competivness...

Life...is all about....the sheer vibrancy, the fierce pride...and the respectful dip of a head to Family with a smile....