Author Topic: FW Topic... 2-23-06  (Read 2008 times)

Vala

FW Topic... 2-23-06
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
~ Please read the quote then answer the question~

He threw down the ax, which rang on the stones of the road to Ko-ro-ba. Zosk sank down and sat cross-legged in the road, his gigantic frame shaken with sobs, his massive head buried in his hands, his thick, guttural voice moaning with distress. At such a time a man may not be spoken to, for according to the Gorean way of thinking pity humiliates both he who pities and he who is pitied. According to the Gorean way, one may love but one may not pity.
---Outlaw of Gor, p 31

If pity for One comes from Love for One...then how do We separate such so as not to dishonor the One we Love?

~heart felt thanks to Sis O'Mine for the collaberation on this one~

Vala

Offline Amantha

Re: FW Topic... 2-23-06
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:49:22 PM »
 "According to the Gorean way, one may love but one may not pity"
So I would feel if I loved My family the last thing I would do is pitty them, because it shows nothing but contempt for those I am supposed to love and support. Why would I wish to belittle Myself or others by behaving in such a way, it doesn't show love and makes me look unworthy to be a Free or even of Gor.

Mysta

Re: FW Topic... 2-23-06
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:39:57 AM »
To Pity is to dishonour....a dying Man....tis to be made comfortable...a fierce smile down to show Your pride...Your thanks for their utmost in sacrifice....(mayhaps in protecting the Home)Id show pride...compassion....but never pity...

(makes note to the typist to be gorean..when here, leaving earth emotions and traits behind the screen*S*)
beautiful food for thought!