Author Topic: On the road...  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
On the road...
« on: June 06, 2005, 08:36:19 PM »
We start are journey from California to Minnesota tomorrow morning, though we are still getting things moved out of the apartment and then going to my parents to do laundry and get the rest of our stuff that's been sitting in a storage shed in their yard, then maybe grab a few hours of sleep, if I find the time, hubby will definitely be sleeping as he's got the morning driving shift, I get the night shift...

Will keep in contact with at least two people during the move, and if anyone wants to contact me and help me keep the boredom of driving at night, send me a PM here before the morning, or ask Nic/Trent after that time...

So I am off to finish loading the truck and heading out to my parent's place and see my niece and nephew for a few hours before we leave... ~sighs~ my niece didn't find out until two days ago that we are moving out of state and didn't take the news very well, especially in light of all that's going on around our family... she's very special to me, because she and I are alike in a lot of ways...

Okay, I'm starting to ramble, and the voice in the background coming from hubby to get a move on, isn't getting any quietier, so I will see you all in about a week or so, depends on how things pan out when we get there...

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
Re: On the road...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 08:42:28 PM »
Good luck! Drive safe! Call me when you arrive!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:32:17 PM »
hope Your journey is calm and very uneventfull..~s~
be safe Mistress

~leaves lots of hugs and a few giggles for Ya~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 10:47:24 PM »
safe roads and Godspeed sis!!! :-*

see i am kept informed of the situation sis ;)

kelsey

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »
safe travels Mistress...*s*

Offline Taryn

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 08:38:51 PM »
well after a few incidents this morning with the new owner, we finally made it to my parent's and sister's houses, same property, two different residences... we are packing the things from storage here, some laundry and then it's off to our first destination, which is either St. George or farther north up near Salt Lake City... After this post, I might not have access to another connection, til we get to Pine City, so I hope to talk to you all soon... ~huggles~

Offline DJ Kan

• The DJ From Hell
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:35:07 PM »
Rollin Rollin Rollin, get those doggies rollin!

Travel Safe!

-Jedi Council of the Dew-

"May God Help My Enemies, Cuz I sure the Hell Won't"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 10:02:52 PM »
migration time sis??!!! ::)

:-* ;)

Offline Haldir

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 10:36:59 PM »
Be safe.. be well.. be carefull... ;)
certainty of death? small chance of success?
what are we waiting for?

Offline Nicolas Tabar

• Everywhere I go I am an outsider, yet I fit in
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 08:22:31 PM »
was jsut messaged by Taryn after I got through at work... they are officially on the road....  some desert place... bad reception.... but they are moving....
Follow the white rabbit

Offline Taryn

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 10:57:17 PM »
Have been in Utah since yesterday, and looking to being in Colorado, maybe Nebraska by tomorrow night... what was supposed to be a 2 or 3 days drive, has turned into just under a week, especially since we got a late start... the brakes on the rental truck just about gave up the ghost last night coming into Richfield, Utah... a 5% grade downhill, truck shimmying as hubby was braking to keep our speed down, then flat ground for a short time, then another small downhill trip, this time there was a squeek and then a squeal as the brakes were applied, end result, new brake pads, both rotors turned which were so warped from the heat of us applying the brakes down the steep grades, and new damper shocks for the steering wheel ( I think that's what they are called )...

So we are now in Green River, Utah, begging for no more mountains, but know that the Rockies are next... don't think the oh shit handle was ready for me and my anxiety attacks during this trip... but we are still alive and breathing, if barely... oh, and to actually hear the cell phone ring after almost 80 miles of no signal, and to hear radio stations again after the same amount of time, was something to celebrate... wifi and a really nice hotel is what we got, and it's all on the bill of the rental company, because of the problems so far with the truck...

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 07:08:43 AM »
-takes out a note book and copies down each of MIstress'es posts to be put up as a journal for Her when Her trip is done-

Offline Taryn

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 10:28:07 PM »
~sighs tiredly and writes~

MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Valium is a god send, especially when there's only 26 hours left til you need to get to your destination, and there's another 600 or so miles left to cover and you are driving hubby sane and both of us are snippin' at each other because I am not taking care of myself and sleeping when I should... So hubby drove for almost 20 hours straight, then I took over and we made it here around 9 or 10pm tonight...

Have taken my meds and looking longingly at the bed...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 12:35:52 PM »
get some rest sis. :-* ;)

Offline Taryn

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 04:39:47 PM »
Sleep is all I have been doing, okay, not completely sleeping, but close enough... only 3 more weeks til I can apply for medical, and I don't think that's soon enough for hubby though... ~goes back to bed which is calling my name again~