Author Topic: Quote of the day  (Read 9490 times)

Offline tamara {MTC}

Re: Quote of the day
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:59:46 PM »
" 'Where are we branded?' She said.
'A girl is commonly branded on the left or right thigh,' I said, 'sometimes on the lower left abdomen.'
'I am afraid to be branded,' she said.
'It does not hurt afterwards,' I said. 'It is only a mark to help keep track of you.'
'Really, Master?' she asked.
'Well,' I said, 'if the truth must be told, it does, considerably, enhance your beauty. Also it is sometimes not without its psychological effecct.'
'I can well imagine its psychological effect,' she said. She shuddered.
'It can help to impress upon a girl that she is a slave,' I admitted. "

-Beasts of Gor, page 229-
"A woman can only respect a man who can reduce her to utter defeat."

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:11:39 PM »
"But where is the ring?' he asked. Tuchuk women, both slave and free, have fixed in their noses a tiny ring of gold, small and fine, not unlike the wedding rings of Earth. The ponderous bosk on which the Wagon Peoples live, among which are numbered the Kassars and the Tuchuks, also wear such rings, but there, of course, the ring is much larger and heavier.
'My last master, she said, 'Clark of the House of Clark in Thentis, removed it.'
'He is a fool,' said Cernus. 'Such a ring is marvelous. It bespeaks the barbarian, the promise of pleasures so wild and fierce a man of the cities could scarcely conceive of them.'"

-Assassin of Gor, page 45-
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 08:36:27 PM by tamara {MTC} »

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 12:20:35 AM »
"I looked at the girl. I nodded to her to approach me. She did so. I held my left hand open, at my waist. She stiffened, and looked at me, angrily. I opened and closed my left hand once. I saw her training in Gorean customs had been thorough. But she never thought that such a gesture would be used to her. She came beside me, and a bit behind me, and, crouching, put her head down, deeply. I fastened my hand in her hair. She winced. Women are helpless in this position."

-Beasts of Gor, page 409-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2006, 05:03:30 PM »
"She had immediately knelt, for she was in the presence of a free man...she had suddenly dropped her eyes.  I saw a tiny movement in her hands, on her thighs, as though she would turn them, exposing the palms to me, but then she pressed them down her thighs, hard.  I crouched beside her. Then I smiled. I smelled slave heat."

-Explorers of Gor, page 81-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 06:39:12 PM »
"Similarly, the expression "red-silk," in Gorean, tends to be used as a category in slaving, and also, outside of the slaving context, as an expression in vulgar discourse, indicating that the woman is no longer a virgin, or, as the Goreans say, at least vulgarly of slaves, that her body has been opened by men. Its contrasting term is `white-silk,' usually used of slaves who are still virgins, or, equivalently, slaves whose bodies have not yet been opened by men. Needless to say, slaves seldom spend a great deal of time in the "white-silk" category. It is common not to dally in initiating a slave into the realities of her condition."

-Blood Brothers of Gor, page 472-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 10:24:54 PM »
"I betrayed myself," she said.
"Let us think clearly about this matter," I suggested.
"Your assertion might be construed as meaning that you had committed some treason against yourself, or, perhaps, as meaning merely that you had revealed, or manifested, yourself.  Let us consider, first, the matter of treason.  A free woman might, possibly, feel that she had betrayed herself, in this sense, if she had so yielded to a man as to supply him with some perhaps subtle hint as to the latency of her slave reflexes.  A slave girl, on the other hand, cannot commit treason against herself in this sense, for she is a slave.  To commit this type of treason one must have a right, say, to deceive others as to one's sensuality, to conceal one's sexuality, and so on. The slave girl, an owned animal, under the command of her master, does not have this sort of right.  Indeed, she has no rights.   Accordingly, she cannot commit this sort of treason.  Her legal status precludes its possibility. She may, of course, rationally, fear the consequences of her responsiveness being discovered, thus increasing, perhaps to her terror, in a slave culture, her desirability.  Similarly she may lie, or attempt to lie, about her responsiveness, but she is then, of course, merely a lying slave and, when found out, will be treated accordingly" "Such treason, then," she said, "can be committed only by a free woman."
"Yes," I said. "It is a luxury not permitted to the slave."
"It is a function only of the free woman's right to lie, and defraud others?" she asked.
"Yes," I said."

-Savages of Gor, page 189-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 10:59:34 PM »
"The men of Gor, like beasts and loving gods, subject the women they own to their total mastery. It pleases them to do so. They are men. Should I be distressed, or displeased? Not truly, for I am a woman. I admire their honesty, that they scorn to conceal the sovereignty which is theirs by nature. They do not play games. They put me to their feet, where I belong. Should I be displeased? No, for I am a woman. Only where there are true men can there be true women. Whatever be the reasons, whether genetic or cultural, or both, the men of Gor are different from those of Earth. They have remained men, perhaps simply because it has pleased them to do so. This also pleases me becasuse only where there are true men can there be true women."

-Explorers of Gor, page 305-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 11:43:55 AM »
"There is no standardization or little standardization for better or for worse in Gorean slave dance.  Not only can the dances differ from city to city, and town to town, and even from tavern to tavern, but they are likely to differ, too even from girl to girl.  This is because each girl, in her own way, brings the nature of her own body, her own dispositions, her own sensuality and needs, her own personality, to the dance.  For the woman, slaves dance is a uniquely personal and creative art form. Too, of course,  it provides her with a wondrous modality for deeply intimate self-expression."

-Guardsman of Gor, page 260-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 12:56:10 AM »
"The slave cannot free herself.  She can be freed only by an owner.  The condition of slavery does not require the collar, or the brand, or an anklet, bracelet or ring, or any such overt sign of bondage.  Such things, as symbolic as they are, as profoundly meaningful as they are, and as useful as they are for marking properties, identifying masters, and such, are not necessary to slavery.  They are, in effect, though their affixing can legally effect imbondment, ultimately, in themselves, tokens of bondage, and are not to be confused with the reality itself.  The uncollared slave is not then a free woman but only a slave who is not then in a collar.  Similarly a slave is still a slave even if her brand could be made to magically disappear or, if she has been made a slave in some other way, if she has not yet been branded.  Indeed, some masters, somewhat foolishly, I think, dally in the branding of their slaves.  Indeed, some, perhaps the most foolish, do not brand them at all.  Such girls, however, when they come into the keeping of new masters, usually discover that oversight is promptly remedied.?

-Renegades Of Gor, page 273-
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 08:37:05 PM by tamara {MTC} »

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »
"I had been so much a fool as to be sad. That is not the mood in which to enter battle, even the battle which one knows one cannot win, even the ultimate battle in which one knows is doomed to defeat. Do not be sad. Better to take the field with laughter, with a joke, with a light thought, with a buoyant thought, or to go forward with sternness, or in fury, or with hatred, or defiance, or calculation, but never with self pity, never with sadness. Never such things, never them!"

-Vagabonds of Gor, page 446-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 04:14:32 PM »
I LOVE that last quote, and I re-read it several times in the novel!  But I had thought the quote was in Marauders, during the Kur battle... Thanks for reminding me of the proper book, too! ~grumbles at my frizzled brain~

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 10:28:42 PM »
"Tears are not unbecoming to the soldier," said Callimachus. "The soldier is a man of deep passions, and emotion. Many men cannot even understand his depths. Do not fear your currents and your powers. In the soldier are flowers and storms. Each is a part of him, and each is real. Accept both. Deny neither."

-Guardsman of Gor, page 238-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 10:59:42 AM »
"Come here," I said, " and kneel here."  She rose from the water, it dripping from her body, and came and knelt on the grass, on the bank of the small stream, where I had indicated.  I took the comb from her and laid it to the side.  I then took the brush and, kneeling behind her, began to brush out her hair.  It is not unusual for Gorean masters to comb and groom slaves, or ornament them personally, much as they might any animal that they owned."

-Savages of Gor, page 237-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 05:40:37 PM »
"Sexual heat, it might be mentioned, is looked upon in free women with mixed feelings; it is commanded, however, in a slave girl.  Passion, it is thought, deprives the free woman to some extent of her freedom and important self-control; it is frowned upon because it makes her behave, to some extent, like a degraded female slave; free women, thus, to protect their honor and dignity, their freedom and personhood, their individuality, must fight passion; the slave girl, of course, is not entitled to this privilege; it is denied to her, both by her society and her Master; while the free woman must remain cool and in control of herself, even in the arms of her companion, to avoid being truly "had",  the slave girl is permitted to no such luxury; her control is in the hands of her Master, and she must, upon the mere word of her Master, surrender herself, writhing, to the humiliating heats of a  degraded slave girl's ecstasy.  Only when a woman is owned can she be fully enjoyed".

-Tribesmen of Gor, page 17-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)

Offline tamara {MTC}

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 06:33:50 PM »
"I did not always want gentleness. It did not displease me to be forced to recognize, and incontrovertibly, and with my whole body, that I was in a man's arms, those of a true man, and was a slave. Sometimes, I confess, I even wanted the whip, not for its pain, which I feared, but for its proof of my domination, that I was owned, and wholly, and was going to be mastered. But, sometimes, too, I wanted gentleness, and, in a slave's helplessness, begged for it."

-Dancer of Gor, page 347-

(Nomads of Gor, p.298)