Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 410165 times)

kiahMTC

Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #1920 on: April 26, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
i am sorry for your loss Master Ubar. prayers continue.

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #1921 on: April 28, 2011, 01:54:26 PM »
I would like to request prayer for all the people who lost their homes in the tornadoes of the past few days.  Also for the families of those who lost their lives.

My niece is a student at Univ. of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.  She was at work at Bruno's when the tornado hit.  They took cover in a meat locker.  When the came out, the store was pretty much destroyed around them.  We all spent frantic hours until we were able to hear from her.  My sister and brother-in-law are on their way to Tuscaloosa as I type this, to check on their baby girl.  Not everyone was so lucky.

NS/Pat
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #1922 on: April 28, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »
My thoughts and prayers are outgoing to any and all who were in the line of these deadly tornadoes. My goodness the destruction is still unbelievable, even though Ray and I were watching the large tornado tear through downtown Birmingham last evening.

I now ask for thoughts and prayers for my sister, she is currently in the hospital. The doctors are not sure if the cause of her severe pain is from her intestine being twisted up, or if it might be a intestinal cyst. I called her to talk to her a little bit this afternoon and got a very groggy and doped up sister, as I had no idea that she was in the hospital, she only told her daughter of it this morning. This all has been going on since Monday, when she went in for pain management, when OTC pain medications weren't doing anything, they sent her home, and when she returned the following day, when the pain meds she was sent home with did nothing to help the pain levels, they put her through a CT scan, and sent her home with more pain meds and said that they couldn't admit her for pain management.

The hospital is Loma Linda, and they are the top rated hospital in Southern California, but what I was told about the not admitting for pain management sort of shocked me, as I could have sworn I was told that there is a law about such, if the pain levels are too high, then the patient should be admitted to get their pain levels under control, either that or I heard my own pain management doctor wrong, as he has told me if my pain levels get too high, go to the ER and they should take care of it, and if it's too high and uncontrollable with a few doses of high levels of pain medications, then they would more than likely admit me to be able to do it.

Yes, I am frustrated beyond all belief, and sitting here nearly 2000 miles away is killing me, as I want to be there for her, as that is how close the two of us have become over the years. So please, light a candle, send good thoughts, and a lot of prayers her way, because this is truly scaring the crap out of me.

~cringes as I hear the thunder get closer~ Also put Ray and I in your thoughts and prayers, the last half of the deadly storm that went through Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee last evening and night time is now making it's way through our area, as of 30 minutes ago, we were put under a tornado watch, I am not liking the dark skies right now either.

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #1923 on: April 28, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to all who are in need.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #1924 on: April 28, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
Will do.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1925 on: May 02, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »
Let us keep Shylina and her family in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #1926 on: May 02, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »
Definately in thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

kiahMTC

« Reply #1927 on: May 03, 2011, 03:17:39 AM »
~prayers continue~

Offline Taryn

« Reply #1928 on: May 05, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
I just got an update on my sister, seems she's going to be going in for exploratory surgery this evening, around 6 or 7p PDT. Apparently their military insurance, Tri-Care wasn't getting it through their thick skulls that the hospital where she has been for the past week, is not a completely full hospital, all they saw was Loma Linda and immediately assumed it was set up like the one up in Riverside. When her doctor and the hospital finally got through to someone at the insurance company to explain that they are more a satellite/community hospital, they agreed to transfer her to the hospital she had her gastric bypass surgery done. From what I have been told, the surgeon who did the gastric bypass, will be the same surgeon to do this exploratory surgery to find out what exactly is going on.

I am still not sure what is going on, getting information out of my mom has become like pulling teeth, all I do know is that she is adamant that this has nothing to do with her gastric bypass surgery, as she thinks since it has nothing to do with her stomach, but her intestine, that it's not related. ~tries not to scream~ I have a feeling that it does have something to do with it, as this will mark her 3rd major issue in the past 5 years, after she had the procedure done. The last two times, she nearly lost her life due to blood loss, the first incident was due to where her "new" stomach and intestine had been reconnected had separated, she only went to the hospital because she didn't feel right and others had remarked that she looked a lot more pale than normal. The second incident was due to the same location, where her "new" stomach and intestine connected, ulcerated and now this.

Hopefully tomorrow we will all learn what the cause for all her pain has been about and her surgeon will have fixed it. I just hope he doesn't re-staple her stomach, as he did last time. Anyway, I will update when I learn more tomorrow, unless I get a call later tonight, as my mom said she was going to take a nap, then head back up to the hospital to wait while she's in surgery. Please, any and all thoughts and prayers for her are greatly appreciated.

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #1929 on: May 05, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1930 on: May 05, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »
Done sis.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #1931 on: May 06, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »
We got a call around 12:30a after my sister was brought out of surgery and placed in recovery, everything went good and she should be back to eating in a matter of a couple of days, though she will be in the hospital for another 4 to 5 days for recovery and to make sure nothing else comes up after the surgery.

It was related to her gastric bypass surgery, seems her intestines got tangled up in the work that had been done, the surgeon untangled the mess and everything pinked right up, no gangrene or any other apparent immediate problems. I am just glad they finally got it through to Tri-Care about the status of the hospital she was in during most of her stay this past week and was able to be taken into surgery in less than 8 hours after she was transferred from the Loma Linda satellite hospital to Park View, where her gastric bypass surgeon was located and waiting for her arrival.

Once the news came in that my sister was on the road to recovery, I was finally able to get a good nights sleep, seems I was a bit more worried and stressed out about what was going on with her, and the fact, I couldn't be with her when she needed someone besides her mom, to sit by her side.

Thank you again my family for all the extra thoughts and prayers sent her way, am still asking for them, to help her get through her recovery quicker, so she can return home in a few days and truly start her full recovery, and that she can return to her classes, as that is the one thing that has her worried, that all this time spent in the hospital and not able to do any class or homework since she went in there. She's going currently going for a Bachelor's Degree to teach autistic children, then she has plans on going to get her Master's Degree when she finishes getting her BA. So yeah, she's been stressing over that, when she wasn't in severe pain, so if you could add a few extra thoughts and prayers that her teachers and counselor will be able to keep her from loosing too much time due to her being out of commission.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:26:44 AM by Taryn »

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1932 on: May 06, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
Shylina is also back home and recovering. She is still a bit groggy and medicated, but she is well. *S*

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #1933 on: May 07, 2011, 08:17:22 PM »
which is awesome!  ;D
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Mercilayne

« Reply #1934 on: May 07, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
That is wonderful news on Shy!  -grins-

Taryn...your sister is still in thoughts and prayers and will continue to be there.  Best of luck on her recovery.