Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 407428 times)

Offline Tira

Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #1065 on: November 21, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Thankyou all...I am not quite as bad as the boy thinks..was just very tired.

rep

« Reply #1066 on: November 24, 2008, 07:50:19 AM »
my prayers to all those living and dying with AIDS and those that love them, for their physical pain and mental anguish and prejudices that thrive like a virus and hurt just as badly 

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #1067 on: November 24, 2008, 12:16:18 PM »
Im with you kiah... send prayers for those with HIV too.... loads of kids have hiv, alot are even being born with it.

Offline Salem

« Reply #1068 on: November 24, 2008, 08:55:58 PM »
Went to visit my grandfather tonight, he's now gone 10 days without eating and about half that without fluids but is still around. I almost did not want to go but I did, I absolutely hate seeing him like this, but I know that despite his condition, it's not that that's doing this, I just don't think he wants to live the way he is anymore.

I am thankful for the thoughts, as I am sure they are a good reason why he's still around. If I seem a little out of it lately, I assure you that there is good reason for it.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #1069 on: November 25, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »
Understandable True.

sinnocent

« Reply #1070 on: November 25, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »
praying that God in heaven will touch you all and bring a peace to you and your Grand father in this rough time.

Offline Salem

« Reply #1071 on: November 26, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »
Been quite a rough morning today. Been up since four am, because my grandfather passed away early this morning. I guess I'm partly still in shock, but also somewhat mad at myself because I wasn't feeling up to going to visit him again last night, putting it off until tomorrow, only to be woken up and shown the mistake I had made.

I want to thank those of you who kept him and my family in your thoughts and prayers, it means the world to me.
When you go home, tell them of us and say, for their tomorrow, we gave our today. -John Maxwell Edmonds

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #1072 on: November 26, 2008, 01:05:18 PM »
keeps You and your family in my prayers and thoughts....
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #1073 on: November 26, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »
Been quite a rough morning today. Been up since four am, because my grandfather passed away early this morning. I guess I'm partly still in shock, but also somewhat mad at myself because I wasn't feeling up to going to visit him again last night, putting it off until tomorrow, only to be woken up and shown the mistake I had made.

I want to thank those of you who kept him and my family in your thoughts and prayers, it means the world to me.

My condolences True.

Grieve as you need to, but hold no guilt against yourself. Things happen in their own time. Your Grandfather is no longer in pain. He is in good company and is being well cared for. In a way, perhaps it was for the best you did not see him last night. When you left the night before there was an air of goodness left behind. One of comfort and not of impending doom. That "One more day" feeling. Not the feeling of "This may be it" finality.

I am sure he knew how you loved and felt about him, and I am sure you know how he felt for you. THIS is what you can hold onto. THIS is what you SHOULD hold onto, not a bad feeling of guilt or shame. All is now well with him.

Sometimes I think our loved ones hold onto our feelings before they depart. They know we love them and will miss them. They know we feel a loss that cannot be put into words. But do not hold onto a feeling of "unfinished business or guilt". Instead hold onto a feeling of quiet peace. Allow them to feel this peace. Then have earned it. You have earned it through your love and experiences with your Grandfather.

I know nothing I can say or do to make this easier for you my True... but I hope in some small way I have given you something to reflect on. Remember the time you had together and be thankful for it. Remember his life.... how he lived.... not how he died.

In this you do him true Honor.

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #1074 on: November 26, 2008, 01:27:16 PM »
my thoughts and prayers are with you right now Salem.....and just remember... that He will be sitting at the Fathers dinner table this year... where the food knows no end... and his cup runneth over because of the love He knows he had all his time down here. 
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #1075 on: November 26, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »
You and Your Grandfather are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm at a loss for words, but I hope You know that I'm here if You need an ear. ~hugs~
~*~~*~

rep

« Reply #1076 on: November 26, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
i am so sorry for your loss. nothing i try to write sounds right. prayers for comfort and peace.

Offline Nexhias

« Reply #1077 on: November 26, 2008, 07:11:07 PM »
My Brother,

At this time of being thankful for what is in our lives-- reflect back on what you've shared with your Grandfather over the years.  He was no doubt a blessing in your life, and I have no doubt you're hurting right now.  But-- please, know that he loved you, and thank the Good Lord above that he was in your life for awhile.  He'll be keeping an eye on you now and always.

Love and comfort surrounding you and your family in this difficult time.
Don't let your alligator mouth write a check that your hummin' bird ass can't cash.

sinnocent

« Reply #1078 on: November 26, 2008, 08:53:40 PM »
I am sorry for your loss... and pray that the peace of God keep you...and your family at this time.

rep

« Reply #1079 on: December 01, 2008, 06:56:31 PM »
i ask for prayers, please, for my daughter, whom will have surgery wednesday, just eight weeks after having a c-section. while its for the best it is still scary for us and it seems that i can help her best by babysitting the baby at home while her fiance stays with her at the hospital. i really, really want to be with her when she goes in and comes out of surgery. not that i won't love my time with the baby but when she naps i will be pacing those floors until i hear and then see that my daughter is okay. please send prayers and positive thoughts