Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 408978 times)

rep

Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #1530 on: March 08, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »
~prayers continue, for those that ask out loud, as well as only in their hearts~

Offline RickBulow74

• Da insane one who Owns the Narrative
    • Rick's Crazed World
« Reply #1531 on: March 08, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »
it is with sadness Family that I ask for prayers for my family.  I have lost yet another cousin.  Todd Lander left this earth Saturday March 6th.  He was dying of cancer from illicet drug use but thats not what killed him.  God saw fit to take him quickly in an accident.  The family is struggling with this.  we have had yet another child born into the family also this weekend with cerebal palsy.      we are simply put 4 living generations and too many changes to keep the counts correct.  just pray for us, me included as I have to make some tough transitions.

your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

As far as the baby born with Cerebral Palsy, I know all about it as I also have CP. My PM and IM are open if you want to talk
OOC - Rick

Offline Alex

• Wapike
« Reply #1532 on: March 08, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »
You all have them..
bye bye!

Offline Hippie

• Make Love Not War
« Reply #1533 on: March 08, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
My prayers and thought go out to each of those who have asked and also continue for those that haven't but may need them.

Peace,
Hippie
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #1534 on: March 08, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »
Everyone who needs them have them...

And I hate to ask, but I would like to ask for thoughts and prayers for me... Seems it's not all in my head, I do have something wrong with my legs, though it's not a pinched nerve, but to find out what it is, I have to undergo another test... This one is called a SSEP (Somatosensory Study), I am about to go look it up, as I have never heard of this test...

Also, I have an epidural injection scheduled on Thursday, yes I know it shouldn't be too bad, or hurt too much, but the thought of a needle being inserted in my spine and something being injected into it, sends me into twitch mode... This is the 1st in a series of three, once every 2 weeks and should reduce the pain I am experiencing with my back, though my hips are a different story, which I will learn what will be done for them in 2 weeks or after more tests and MRIs are done...

Thank you

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #1535 on: March 08, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »
When it rains, it pours.....

I just got off the phone with my sister.  She learned today that she has thyroid cancer.  Obviously, she, as well as the rest of the family, are pretty shaken.  The doctor tells her that it is one of the easiest cancers to treat.  She will have surgery on March 26 to remove her thyroid gland.

Please keep her in your prayers.

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #1536 on: March 08, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
You've got my prayers, Sis!!!

ALSO

I don't ask for prayers often, but I need to make an exception.  I learned last week that the facility I have been teaching at for the past 5 years will close its doors on March 26.  After that date I will be unemployed.  This is not a good time of year for teachers to find work.  Intent letters have not been sent out yet.  Luckily, G and I started a side business about 2 months ago.  The money we make there, plus unemployment, will sustain us for a short time, but eventually that will not be enough.  Please keep us in your prayers.

NS

Consider it done sis.  :-*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1537 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »
I know I am but a mere guest but my prayers go out to all who need them on this board.

ALSO

I come seeking prayers and thoughts myself for basically everything. NightStorm and Ragnar, as well as a few others, know me better as other characters and know of a few problems I have RT with my disability. Ever since 2004 I have had to put up with pedal edema of the legs due to the problematic hurricane season (if any want to know, my PM and IM's are always open for questions) and so eeryyear since I kep an eye to the Tropics between May and December. Also, most recently my mom got into a 3-car collision where she was hit from the back and the front. She is all right but the van is officially accordioned.

Added to my prayers my friend.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1538 on: March 08, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
it is with sadness Family that I ask for prayers for my family.  I have lost yet another cousin.  Todd Lander left this earth Saturday March 6th.  He was dying of cancer from illicet drug use but thats not what killed him.  God saw fit to take him quickly in an accident.  The family is struggling with this.  we have had yet another child born into the family also this weekend with cerebal palsy.      we are simply put 4 living generations and too many changes to keep the counts correct.  just pray for us, me included as I have to make some tough transitions.

My condolences and prayers for you and yours sis. *Huggers*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1539 on: March 08, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
Everyone who needs them have them...

And I hate to ask, but I would like to ask for thoughts and prayers for me... Seems it's not all in my head, I do have something wrong with my legs, though it's not a pinched nerve, but to find out what it is, I have to undergo another test... This one is called a SSEP (Somatosensory Study), I am about to go look it up, as I have never heard of this test...

Also, I have an epidural injection scheduled on Thursday, yes I know it shouldn't be too bad, or hurt too much, but the thought of a needle being inserted in my spine and something being injected into it, sends me into twitch mode... This is the 1st in a series of three, once every 2 weeks and should reduce the pain I am experiencing with my back, though my hips are a different story, which I will learn what will be done for them in 2 weeks or after more tests and MRIs are done...

Thank you

Color it done sis. *Huggers*

Offline Ariakas

« Reply #1540 on: March 10, 2010, 01:51:25 PM »
So this post is both sad and enlightening for me. My sister's husband has been on an up and down battle for almost a year now, and it seems that he is going to run out of time for his fight- he now is on hospice and can only communicate through a whiteboard. I am going to post a little excerpt from the email I received today because I think that there is something hauntingly beautiful and strong in their love for each other. Anyhow, if you want to, please send some thoughts out for their family and if not, maybe you might get a little inspired like me.

"Although Joe sleeps for most of the day now, he has made sure to let me know that he is comfortable and happy, and that he loves us and is so thankful for his family and friends.  He wants me to let everyone know that his pain is controlled, and he is at peace with the situation.  Our priest comes in weekly, and that gives both Joe and I a lot of comfort.  He is still a fighter and his heart is still strong, and pretty much, I think he is amazingly strong and courageous.  The boys are doing well, enjoying eating all of the meals that their mom didn't cook, being spoiled by our friends, and playing Paper Mario pretty much around the clock (as much as I let them, anyway).  The partners at my firm have supported and encouraged me to be with Joe and the kids during this time, my mom has been spending the night, Aunt Flora does most of our housework, and really - our entire family and our friends have given us so much support, allowing me to really focus on just being with Joe and the boys and on keeping myself healthy.  I get to sleep next to Joe's bed on a mattress on the floor, and I am with him and pretty much am able to do most of his day to day care each day (a nurse comes in twice a week, and like everyone else, she is an angel).  This is such a blessing - I love him so dearly and every minute with him is so precious to me and I will never be able to express how much it means to me to be able to be with him through this."

Thank you,

Ari

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #1541 on: March 10, 2010, 03:14:38 PM »
your family has my thoughts and prayers.. thank you for sharing that note..it was touching... leaves hugs and kisses

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

kelsey

« Reply #1542 on: March 10, 2010, 05:00:58 PM »
offers up my prayers for those in need

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #1543 on: March 10, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
In my prayers True.

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #1544 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:52 AM »
Ari - They as well as You are in my thoughts and prayers.
~*~~*~