Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 406477 times)

Offline Lady Snickers

Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2007, 09:17:45 PM »
that is so true.  but atleast so far everything is still a go on Me going to the gathering this year so that is a plus for Me.

Offline Serinna

« Reply #676 on: June 27, 2007, 08:20:29 AM »
Current update: yesterday My Father received His new hospital bed and is doing as well as can be expected and is cantankerous and honrey(sp) as ever, but then thats My Father for ya. He is wanting Me to go up again in September but knows that My schedule may not permit it.
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #677 on: June 27, 2007, 11:01:48 AM »
Ornery is good sis!!! *S*

Offline Lady Snickers

« Reply #678 on: July 02, 2007, 10:28:38 AM »
just got the call from the doctors office.  AND ALL IS NEGATIVE.  so either the DNC or the pills I am on took care of all the pre-cancerous cells*giant smile*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #679 on: July 02, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »
OUTSTANDING!!!  :)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #680 on: July 02, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »
That's fantastic!!!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #681 on: July 20, 2007, 08:44:25 PM »
Keep a good thought for me would you all? I applied for a job some time back as a dispatch operator (911) at the sheriffs office and found out that they'll be calling for interviews next week.
I so want this job!
Some extra good thoughts would be very appreciated!
~*~~*~

Offline Lana

« Reply #682 on: July 20, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »
My thought and prays will be with you. I think you enjoy being a dispatcher and great at it. I have a friend that is a dispatcher here and he loves it...

Keep us up to date.

~huggers~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #683 on: July 20, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »
Keep a good thought for me would you all? I applied for a job some time back as a dispatch operator (911) at the sheriffs office and found out that they'll be calling for interviews next week.
I so want this job!

Color it done sis!!! *S*

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #684 on: July 21, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »
That is fantastic darlin!!! I hope all works out!! ;D

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Krul

« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »
I so want this job!

Color it done sis!!! *S*

it's done Sis ...*S*

Krul

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #686 on: July 21, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
I have my fingers crossed for you!!!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #687 on: July 21, 2007, 05:35:37 PM »
lots of good thoughts being sent your way, Sis

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #688 on: July 27, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
I decided to make a post now that I have further information...

As many of you know, my grandmother is in an advanced stage of Alzheimer's, and my grandfather has been wavering between having her committed to a nursing home - and basically signing away his land to pay for the long-term care - and trying to deal with the situation until she is bedridden.  It looks like the matter has been taken out of his hands.

Three days ago, my grandparents were visiting Pop-Pop's best friend, Danny.  Usually Mom-Mom complains of wanting to go home after thirty minutes, whether the outing is going to church, visiting friends, or grocery shopping.  This time, after a strangely long period of silence, my grandfather discovered that she had "fallen asleep" in Danny's easy chair.  My grandfather figured, hey, bonus!  Unfortunately, when he was ready to go, he was unable to rouse her.  When Danny tried, Mom-Mom startled awake at his unfamiliar voice and tried to right-hook him.  She then fell immediately back into a stupor from which she could not be roused.  My grandfather again tried to wake her, to no avail; Danny again tried, with the same violent results.  Eventually, Pop-Pop managed to get her up and moving, but she collapsed before they reached the door, and paramedics were called.

My grandmother has been in the hospital since then, undergoing various blood work, scans, and the like.  She hasn't had any black-outs since and has returned to whatever passes for normal, though she has had to be under round-the-clock watch to prevent her from getting agitated and pulling out the IVs (again).  So far, all tests have simply confirmed that she has Alzheimer's.  Likely the semi-comatose states are simply another stage of the disease.  I do believe they have her somewhat sedated to control the disorientation and anxiety.

In the middle of all this, a social worker showed up to "strongly suggest" that my grandfather have Mom-Mom placed in a nursing home.  My grandfather had already made preliminary arrangements such as buying a funeral package, knowing it would eventually come to this, which is in his favor.  He rather resents the sudden hospital-referred involvement of the case worker, but even he admits that he can obviously no longer carry on a normal day-to-day life with a woman who might pass out at any time.

So... it looks like my grandmother will be admitted to a rehabilitation facility for further evaluation until a spot opens up at the nursing home.  The rehab center will likely be able to clear a path sooner than if my grandmother were to return home.

Please pray, not for my grandmother's return to health, which will never be possible, but for a swift passing that allows her to retain some shreds of dignity.  Pray, as well, that my grandfather makes the adjustment as well as possible, and that he is able to afford her care without losing his house, his land, his entire savings... He's having to go through the State Medicaid system, and they're thieving bastards, to put it lightly.

So, yeah, that's pretty much what's going on.  I didn't quite know how to say, "Please channel all your positive energies into helping my grandmother kick the bucket," but... it really would be a kindness.  You wouldn't let an old, sick, confused dog suffer in the way that the medical system allows those with Alzheimer's to "live" - THAT would be called cruelty to animals. Anyway... thanks for reading my ramble.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #689 on: July 27, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
*hugs deeeee licious... much love, and prayers*
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~