Author Topic: Prayers and Thoughts  (Read 407299 times)

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
Re: Prayers and Thoughts
« Reply #930 on: April 16, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »
Bro in law called around lunch time. Dad is out of ICU and back in a normal room. The CT scan showed that there was no infection, as they first feared, but there is some internal bleeding at the surgery site. This is being blamed on the fact that dad is on blood thinners for his heart. In fact, there was some bleeding during the surgery as well, so this isn't totally unexpected. In total, over the last couple of days, dad has been given 4 units of blood. They have taken him off the blood thinners for now, and things are looking much much better. In fact, things are looking so much better, they don't think he'll need surgery to mend the bleeding, and are going to treat it medically. If all goes according to plan, dad will be home in a couple of days.

So.. while not GREAT news, this is the best news we could hope for under the circumstances. Thanks everyone for your prayers, and thanks flame for letting me vent on you last night. *grin*

kelsey

« Reply #931 on: April 16, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
Prayers and thoughts continue for you and your family Kit.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #932 on: April 16, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »
Bro in law called around lunch time. Dad is out of ICU and back in a normal room. The CT scan showed that there was no infection, as they first feared, but there is some internal bleeding at the surgery site. This is being blamed on the fact that dad is on blood thinners for his heart. In fact, there was some bleeding during the surgery as well, so this isn't totally unexpected. In total, over the last couple of days, dad has been given 4 units of blood. They have taken him off the blood thinners for now, and things are looking much much better. In fact, things are looking so much better, they don't think he'll need surgery to mend the bleeding, and are going to treat it medically. If all goes according to plan, dad will be home in a couple of days.

So.. while not GREAT news, this is the best news we could hope for under the circumstances. Thanks everyone for your prayers, and thanks flame for letting me vent on you last night. *grin*

Sounds like a winning situation sis!!! *S*

Unfortunate to be hospitalised... but all things considered... oh yeah... prayers do work!!!

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #933 on: April 16, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »
You are so much welcome Mistress.. anytime You need to talk .. You have our number.. *smiles*

leaves lots of hugs and kisses

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
« Reply #934 on: April 16, 2008, 06:42:22 PM »

what great news!.. let's hope there is more to follow Mistress

..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #935 on: April 28, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
My Dearest family...

Im normally not the one to ask for this kind of thing but I need to ask for your prayers...

Ive just found out that My mother in law has cancer... she had a suspicious lump removed from behind her ear last week and a bi-opsy done on a lump on her head... its cancer...

the bad news is thats its lynphoma... and a very rare form at that... the good news is that its non-agressive and they dont think it will spread much if any...

they are going to start radiation asap and then do chemo after that...

please pray for the family they are not taking it well... my BF is growing more and more depressed... his father is acting even more strange and his outbursts are becomming even more angry and volitile.... his step dad (moms bf) is working him self into a frensy trying to take care of her even though at this point she is still more than capeable, hes not even letting his own health problems stop all of this... working into the night so that she will not have to lift a finger...

Please pray that Mom will get through this.... of that I have no worries.... I worry about the men in her life...
And Please pray that the guys make it through this.

thank you all
Shoko/Liz

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #936 on: April 29, 2008, 12:44:35 AM »
My Dearest family...

Im normally not the one to ask for this kind of thing but I need to ask for your prayers...

Ive just found out that My mother in law has cancer... she had a suspicious lump removed from behind her ear last week and a bi-opsy done on a lump on her head... its cancer...

the bad news is thats its lynphoma... and a very rare form at that... the good news is that its non-agressive and they dont think it will spread much if any...

they are going to start radiation asap and then do chemo after that...

please pray for the family they are not taking it well... my BF is growing more and more depressed... his father is acting even more strange and his outbursts are becomming even more angry and volitile.... his step dad (moms bf) is working him self into a frensy trying to take care of her even though at this point she is still more than capeable, hes not even letting his own health problems stop all of this... working into the night so that she will not have to lift a finger...

Please pray that Mom will get through this.... of that I have no worries.... I worry about the men in her life...
And Please pray that the guys make it through this.

thank you all
Shoko/Liz

Will do sis.

« Reply #937 on: April 29, 2008, 04:38:42 AM »
Mistress, this girl is sadden at your news, adds you and your loved ones to my prayer list and sends a basket full of hugs and laughter to you. 

This girl hopes to see you and all again soon.

tamara
RIP tamara....

rep

« Reply #938 on: April 29, 2008, 09:27:38 AM »
kiah wishes you all strength and smiles, comfort and courage, Mistress

kelsey

« Reply #939 on: April 29, 2008, 11:03:04 AM »
Shoko

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kels

« Reply #940 on: April 29, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »
one hopes for the best for you Mistress
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #941 on: May 13, 2008, 06:06:49 AM »
I would ask for thoughts and prayers for my friend Rita and her family... for those of you that attend the gatherings, she is the cook at the little cafe'... the one that makes the ginormous pancakes *G*..

Her husband, Rex, who is my 'boyfriend', had had major heart surgery just before Christmas, and seemed to be well on the road to orneryness that makes him special..

Saturday night, however, it seems he had an undetected blood clot, and he passed away.  I know that Rita's heart must be breaking because they loved each other so dearly, you could see it in their eyes when they looked at each other, and the way they still held hands after 30 years of marriage...
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

« Reply #942 on: May 13, 2008, 06:14:56 AM »
Thoughts and prayers are with your friend in this time
of her loss
..you can not grasp it.

rep

« Reply #943 on: May 13, 2008, 08:44:48 AM »
prayers to your friend and you and all that go to the gatherings..~tender hugs~

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #944 on: May 13, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »
oh wow... *huggles woobie* I'm so sorry hun... pass on my condolences to Rita... She is definitely in my thoughts.. and so are you.