Author Topic: warning  (Read 6078 times)

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
warning
« on: June 13, 2005, 10:55:03 PM »
as per doctors orders the person behind kadi has stopped smoking, kadi wishes to say sorry before hand for any snapyness that happens, love Y/you A/all  :) :) :)
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Claudia

Re: warning
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:04:37 PM »
That is a great Idea!  :D

Quitting to smoke is never easy but after the first 3-4 Days it will get easier! *hugshugs*  :-*

I stopped smoking on December 29th 2003 after 23 Years of smoking!
So, if I can do it you can do it as well!
*sends good vibrations to you*

And life is so much better w/o stinky cigarettes!
aka Savinella

Offline Claudia

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:07:44 PM »
I found this, and it helped me alot when I stopped smoking!

What Happens When You Quit?

Two Hours After Quitting

Nicotine begins to leave your system. Some people may feel withdrawal pangs. This is a good sign. Your body is cleaning itself out. Hang in there. Within two days all the nicotine by-products will be gone.

After Six Hours

Heart rate and blood pressure decrease (although it may take up to a month for them to return to their normal rates).

After Twelve Hours

The carbon monoxide is completely out of your system. Your lungs work more efficiently and you can do more without becoming short of breath.

After Two Days

Your sense of taste and smell sharpen. In addition, your breath, hair, fingers, and teeth will be cleaner.

After One Week

Most withdrawal symptons are completely gone.

After Two Weeks

Your circulation improves. So does your confidence level because you feel good about your progress. You begin to think of yourself as a non smoker.

One To Nine Months

Your body's overall energy level increases. Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, and shortness of breath decrease.

Within Two Months

Blood flow improves to your hands and feet, keeping them warmer. Your skin looks healthier.

Within Three Months

The cilia (hair-like cleaning system in the lungs) begin to recover and remove mucous, so you can cough it up, cleaning your lungs and reducing the chance of infection. You may notice increased coughing for a few days.

After A Year

Your risk of lung cancer is reduced and you have less risk of heart disease. Fifteen years after quitting, the risk approaches that of someone who has never smoked.

Appearance

Not only will you feel better, but you'll also look better. Since smoking stains your teeth, gives you stale breath, and causes wrinkles around your eyes and mouth to appear earlier, the sooner you quit the better.

Your Bank Account Also Gets Healthier

Giving up cigarettes is like giving yourself a raise. Think about it. If you smoke 20 cigarettes a day, you could save around $1100 a year. Imagine what you could do with that money. Non smokers also pay much less for life insurance premiums.

Your Confidence Soars

Few things compare to the sense of satisfaction you get when you quit smoking. If you can handle quitting smoking, you can handle just about anything.

aka Savinella

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:12:37 PM »
 :-* ;)

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 09:58:41 AM »
~hugs ya~
am soooo happy to hear youre finally taking the step sis....and um....you mean you can be a bigger brat than ya already are??~lol~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 03:04:58 PM »
*smiles.. way to go sis... *grumbles.. chanz has quit and started and quit and started a few times.. grrrrrrrrrr smackin her hands... * very proud of you sis.. maybe chanz will try to quit to agian to be supportive of you. *grin*.. hugs
duckie rules

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 03:55:08 PM »
~hugs~

wishing you the best on your endeavor ... it's a hard road but i'm glad to see another one on the road to healthier living ...

~leaves a growlie for a certain SISTER of mine~

come move in with me.. i'll make your life hell if you even dared take a half a PUFF 

~remembers woobie and my Cherished standing outside in the snow smoking while the bear stayed warm inside~

~scrams~

Offline Amore / Daniella

• Justice is a fragile thing.
    • Amore's Inner Sanctum
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 07:22:42 AM »
My mother was a heavy smoker and was taken from my sister and I early in our - and her - life, because of this.  The best of luck to you kadi.

-hug-

amore

Offline cat{MTC}

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 06:53:56 PM »
i never smoked so not sure how it is to stop..
but happy that you have stopped ..
and good luck in the next weeks hope it will be easier and easier

cat :-*

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 07:03:33 AM »
well so far she has pulled all her hair out and punced holes in wall..........giggles joking..............its not going to bad at min she is managed to keep her bad moods out of camp which is just as well given the state of play lately............she is feeling better for giving up and knows once the side affects go she will feel even better...........will keep you all posted on how it is going  :) :) :)
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Claudia

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 02:47:21 AM »
I'm proud of you!  :-*
aka Savinella

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 10:18:36 AM »
 :-* ;)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 08:50:18 AM »
~sticking out my tongue to the bear~

I smoke less than a pack a week, I'll have you know -- and many days none at all! ~stands with head lifted, chin firm... then sighs~ Yeah, yeah, and it's STILL bad for me... ~grumbling~

kadi-sis, it's AWESOME you're on the right track! Good luck to you! And embrace the bitchiness as just one more sign that alllll the bad stuff is passing out of your system!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

kelsey

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 09:27:38 AM »
i lost both my father and Sandar to smoking...it doesn't matter how little you smoke chanz, but that you smoke at all that puts you at risk....for cancer, for heart disease and any other number of ailments....

kadi, heart, keep up the good work....*huggles*

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 07:52:14 AM »
*hangin her head in shame*.. aye sis i know.. kadi i am very proud of you for doing what you are doing.. so as of today.. o5/20/05 i quit... no more.. so guess there is gonna be a bit more of the grumblies around camp.. but will try to keep it only in r/t.. *grin*.. *beams * cause she wants to be not growled at my her terror captain....
duckie rules