Author Topic: Prefered Vamp Generation?  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Marcus Tulman

Prefered Vamp Generation?
« on: July 31, 2006, 07:00:44 PM »
Just curious. Also something a little more basic to get some more discussions going
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
Re: Prefered Vamp Generation?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:03:27 AM »
6-8th is the best.  It's the closest you can really get nowadays within rooms in most sites without being labeled a godmoder.  As long as you build the character sheet correctly and don't go overboard with blah blah blah I learned this power from a Salubri, and I'm a Tremere who has never diablerized in my entire undeath, it's fun to play an elder vampire who knows stuff, and can handle their own in nightly situations.

Sands

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »
alot of the rooms will not except anything below 8....has experianced that on another site...but hey...their room....their rules...

I also cast my vote for 6-8 Gen.
my first 2 chars (one is still active) of many, many years are in that catergory...but both started as mortals and then embraced.
Is proud of them....they have come a long way baby!

Offline Marcus Tulman

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »
Helpful reasons, thanks  :)

I picked the 'weaker' option of 9-10 for a few reasons. One is I find it slightly more enjoyable to not be all powerful. Having no weaknesses can be a tad boring if your whole session is 'Oh I use such-and-such power to negate your attack'.
I'm also more used to the tabletop version where most people are 13-11, and I've seen the few times I've gone into rooms, even at that at that low a generation it's too much a weakness to handle.
Save the Cheerleader, Save the World!

Offline DamienK

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 04:33:09 PM »
I prefer to start char's as mortals. For me its more enjoyable that way.