Author Topic: Trivia Time  (Read 114327 times)

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
Re: Trivia Time
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 06:23:23 PM »
stops the sun from burning the planit lol
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 07:11:38 PM »
LOL nope

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • WEBMAZE Mod
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 08:41:45 PM »
*starts giggling and interjects a little entertainment into the entertainment*

uh.... is it like SPF 45? LOL  to keep from being sunburned?

*flashes that cute grin and scrams*
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 09:30:55 PM »
I know this one! *laughing*  It's the theory that we puny Earthlings can't see the planet Gor because it's on the OTHER side of the sun, hidden.  Thus, the sun is a shield protecting Gor from the knowledge of all but those who possess advanced space travel technology -- i.e., PKs and Kurii.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 10:41:25 PM »
egawds... *chuckles at woobie*

bingo!!! have at dee!!!

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 03:17:30 AM »
i was half right it was protecting the planet from something lolololol runsssssssssssssssssssssssssss

kadi
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 04:59:37 AM »
Because Gor is on the OTHER side of the sun, some online folks have theorized that a Gorean's view of the night sky must reveal a different, new set of constellations never seen from planet Earth.  Others have stated that the SAME constellations would be seen, only in mirror image, because Gor is BEHIND and opposite in rotation to planet Earth. 

End the debate -- with the applicable quote from one of the 26 Books of Gor!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 11:15:36 AM »
dont know if this is the right one

On another world, lit by the same star, in another place, dawn, too, drew near. The distant light in the great cities, unknowing, soon to be occupied with the concerns of their days, piercing the haze of daily, customary poisons, first struck the heights of the lofty buildings, reflecting from the rectangular windows, like sheets of burnished copper reflecting the fires of the sun. Men would soon be up and about their duties, hurrying from one nothing to another, to compromises, to banal degradations, anxious lest they fail to be on time. They would not care for the blackened grass growing between the bricks; they would take no note of the spider's architecture, nor marvel at the flight of a wren darting to its nest among the smoke-blackened, carved stones. There would be no time. There would be no time for them, no time for seeing, or feeling, or touching, or loving, or finding out what it might be to be alive. Clouds would be strangers to them; rain an inconvenience, snow a nuisance; a tree an anachronism; a flower an oddity, cut and frozen in a florist's refrigerator. These were men without meaning, so full and so empty, so crowded, so desolate, so busy, so needlessly occupied. These were the gray men, the hurrying men, the efficient, smug, tragic insects, noiseless on soft feet on the billion iron hills of technology. How few of them gazed ever on the stars.
Page 238-239 Marauders of Gor

kadi

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2006, 04:53:50 PM »
The one I was thinking of was from "Tarnsman of Gor," but the concept of the quote is the same:  those on Gor can look up and see the SAME stars in the SAME arrangement.  Since the sun is the closest star in our solar system, we'd still see all those same constellations so many more light years away.

Your turn!

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2006, 07:10:10 AM »
In Gorean mythology what was said about men and women
supply the quote

kadi

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2006, 08:55:39 AM »
I know this one, too, but I want to give someone else a chance...

But just for the sake of being specific -- is this the general myth mentioned in a couple of books, or is this the one about the seven women and seven sons, as mentioned in "Slave Girl of Gor"?

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2006, 11:50:29 AM »
general myth hun

kadi

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2006, 04:01:51 PM »
Tries this for an answer...

Legend states that there was once a great war between the men and women of Gor.  The reasons for the war are not stated in the books.  But, the men defeated the women and won the war.  The Priest-Kings then feared that all of the women would be killed and they did not want those results to occur.  To protect the women, the Priest-Kings made all of them beautiful so that men would find them appealing.  But, this beauty did not come without a price.  The Priest-Kings also decreed that women would always be the slaves of men.

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »
its yours Mistress ~smiles~

In Gorean mythology, it is said that there was once a war between men and women and that the women lost, and the the Priest-Kings, not wishing the women to be killed, made them beautiful, but as the price of this gift decreed that they, and their daughters, to the end of time, would be the slaves of men."
p. 352, Dancer of Gor.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »
This is a two part question... I think...

First part is...  How many reins does a kaiila use? Second part is... How is it attached and used while riding said kaiila?