Author Topic: Information about Hannah (topic renamed) 3/3 update  (Read 14493 times)

Offline ~*jale*~ {Lil}

• Soul meets soul on lover's lips.
Re: I'm not one to normally do this ... NEW UPDATES
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 11:05:49 AM »
Having just read this, I too will hold Hannah, her family and her doctors in thought and prayer. 

It's wonderful to hear of one so young with the heart of a Gorean Free Woman. 

Keep strong Hannah.

Sending tender hugs and tiny kisses for her cheek.

Thank you for bringing Hannah to us.
Love is an act of endless forgiveness <br /> A tender look which becomes a habit. <br />~ Peter Ustinov ~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 09:12:40 AM »
Anything further on This?

Offline Hesprit of Turia

• With the eyes of an eagle, I am always watching!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 01:48:03 PM »
Hi everyone .. I haven't made it back to these boards in a little bit (missed Your private message asking for the same reason, Ragnar) but I was just asked for an update somewhere else and thought I really needed to pass it along.  Came here and found the question was asked here as well ... so here we go.

I was asked today if there are any new updates about Hannah. I have to say I'm sorry for not having kept up to date here for those who have been kind enough to send their thoughts and prayers and to keep watching the situation.

As of today, Christmas Eve, Hannah is home, and they are planning a very small family get together at the house. Hannah has been sick lately, a combination of the chemo and, the doctors believe, a "bug" she may have picked up, but apparently she is doing well enough to be at home instead of in the hospital.

I do know that, at one point, Hannah's blood tests were a bit low, so she had to go in and they adjusted the levels of her chemo .. it seems to have helped, however she has started losing her hair now. The solidarity, though, is great. Hannah's uncle, a truck driver, has promised that when she loses her hair, he will come home and go straight out to have his head shaved ... and her dad has said the same thing. (I don't know if they'll include her little brother, but it's possible)

The community has been involved too .. a fund drive and a blood drive with the blood ALL being tagged to go to Children's have both been held with a lot of success.

The best thing I can report, though, is that Hannah's spirit has not been dampered much. It's not as "new" now, but she is still more than willing to speak her mind, and she shows no sign of being ready to let this get her down at all.

Thanks, everyone ... the interest and support is great!

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • WEBMAZE Mod
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 02:58:45 PM »
please extend our wishes to Hannah and to her family for a blessed Christmas and New Year.. She continues to be in thoughts and prayers..  .. I admire her courage and her spirit and I learn from her..

love to them, and thank you Hesprit.. for keeping us updated..

Merry Christmas

woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline -Alice-

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »
Thank you for the update Hesprit... I was looking for you the other day at your room o ask you the same...

Hannah continues in my prayers, please, let her know that i send Santa directly to her place to deliver our love and best wishes today and always...

Merry Christmas...

Alice...

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 09:17:13 PM »
There isn't much more that I can add to woobie's post.

Just give her an extra hug from me when next you see her.

She isn't forgotten and I am still pulling for her!!!

Offline Buddha

• Administrator
    • my homepage
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 12:03:27 PM »
It's good to hear Hannah is home.

Merry Christmas to you and her and your family.

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 06:18:21 PM »
Give Her multiple hugs from Me please!

She's still in My thoughts.

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 03:31:40 PM »
I hope Hesprit isn't upset that I posted this here, as I found it on the AR boards and I thought everyone who has been reading up on this would like a little update... ~soft smile~

Posted 2-07-07

Well, folks, as you can see, I'm not that great at keeping updates available on Hannah's condition, but I wanted to bring you up to date on the latest.

First of all, until recently, Hannah has been doing pretty good. She was also approved for a trip to Disneyworld by the Make A Wish foundation, which is scheduled for March.

More recently, though, there have been some concerns with Hannah's bloodwork. Her blood counts have been a little low, causing some adjustments to her chemo ... but her spirits have been good. She was running a fever last Friday, which prompted a trip to the hospital as a precaution. She was kept overnight, given a transfusion to help the blood counts, and released the next day after a big improvement.

Unfortunately, I found out this afternoon, that apparently the problem was not completely taken care of like everyone thought, because she went back to the local hospital, again with a fever. This time, it was enough that she was taken back to Children's hospital in Pittsburgh by helicopter. Apparently, she was in decent sprits during the flight, even commenting that it was too bad her little brother didn't get to fly too.

I don't have much more information, but I'll update when I do find out more. Once again, though, please keep Hannah and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • WEBMAZE Mod
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 04:18:12 PM »
*nodding quietly*

Hannah continues in my prayers.. such a tough little angel..
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
Thoughts and prayers will continue.

Hang tough Hannah!!!

Offline -Alice-

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »
She continue in my prayers...

*Light a candle for her*

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »
Another update posted on the Alter Realm boards...

A little bit more information I received today on Hannah's condition:

She is still in the hospital, and is expected to be there at least through the weekend. Apparently there are a couple of issues going on .. one is a mild infection, something that would be no more than an irritation for most, but with the leukemia and chemo, it's obviously a bigger concern. The more important issue, at the moment, though, is her blood counts. It seems that Hannah's platelet count is rather low.

For those who don't know, platelets are the part of the blood with deals with clotting and preventing blood loss in case of an injury. Since chemotherapy reduces the body's natural ability to produce platelets, a low count is a concern. At this point, Hannah's count is around 200, while the hospital says it needs to be at 1000 for them to begin her chemo treatments again.

The main thing, at the moment, though, is that Hannah is at Children's Hospital, where she'll be getting the best treatment she can get around here ... so hopefully I'll be able to bring more good news soon.

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers everyone!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 06:08:16 PM »
Are blood transfussions an option to raise the platelets and count?

There has to be some options available.....  :'(

Offline -Alice-

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »
*Nods* I was thinking in the same... Here in Mexico there's something like a transfusion but just with platelets... I hope she can get something like that..