Author Topic: Question about Bosk.  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
Question about Bosk.
« on: January 15, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »
Ok, it's been awhile since I had such a thought, or to seek an answer concerning something.

This one is in Regards to Bosk.

Now, I know a lot of people have bosk, but what if someone. (Like Me) who has no bosk, but is trying to find a way of getting them. now the question really isn't about that. the reason I said that is because once I get bosk, if I want them to reproduce, I don't want to do a bam bam bam pregnant bam bam bam gives birth.

what I want to know is, is if there is a time frame once said bosk gets pregnant before She pops out a newborn. 

Now, once I get bosk, I would like to RP out the process. (Not the getting pregnant mind You. ugh) but once She does and so forth. 

I don't want them multiplying like rabbits.  But if there is, I'd appreciate to hear what it would be, if there isn't I'd like to hear what a suitable time frame would be.

the RP has great potential and would like to try it. (though like I said, I'll have to get some first. BOL)

;D

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
Re: Question about Bosk.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »
My parents have raised cattle.  They carry the calf for nine months, just like a human female!

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »
i might be way off base on this, but, i was under the impression that Bosk were more like buffalo than the run of the mill cattle. (but, i am known to be wrong alot~lol~) so in doing some research, had run across a few things on this Master, that, hopefully can help You~s~

Although the buffalo's gestation period is more than a month longer than that of cattle, the calves are born weighing 35-40 kg, or about the same as that of a newborn Holstein calf. But because buffalo milk has about twice the butterfat of cow's milk, the calves grow very quickly. They also suffer more shock at weaning and have to be slowly changed to their new feeding program.

~taken from http://ww2.netnitco.net/users/djligda/wbfacts4.htm

though, if in fact, they are closer to water buffalo....then you get this...

The main herd consists of all sexes and ages
Bachelor groups are also found
The females have their own dominant cow while the males will bow down in hierarchy only to males
Young males normally leave the main herd at about three to four years old
Upon returning  to their herd they may or may not remain permanently
There will probably be numerous dominant bulls who mate with large herds
Young males establish themselves into hierarchies by sparring with each other
It is unlikely that a male will mate before 7 or 8 years of age
Males are recognizable by the thickness of their horns (this area is called the boss)
Buffalo have a gestation period of approximately 11 months and will normally give birth to one youngster

~taken from http://www.safaricamlive.com/Encyclopedia/mammals/buffalo/buffalo_info_page.htm

hope this was of some use~s~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 04:40:31 PM »
Aye, that is helpful. thanks darlin. -smiles-

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.