Author Topic: Tech Help Anyone???????  (Read 2551 times)

wyldechylde

Tech Help Anyone???????
« on: July 05, 2005, 05:01:26 AM »
okay as most are aware my pc has been playing up lately, i can be online for only minutes before it shuts down and reboots itself, i am hoping someone out there is more techy than i am .. i'm thinking its my hard drive dieing a slow death, i thought i had the problem fixed when i deleted a few XP updates as the pc seemed to be working better and not rebooting itself, unfortunately for me i didn't fix the problem and now it has started doing the same thing again, this time i used what lil brain i have *lol* ((and no i'm not blonde)) and i copied the box thingy that popped up when it rebooted, i am posting it here and crossing everything hoping someone may know whats going on

The system has recovered from a serious error.

A log of this error has been created.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous

To See what data this error report contains, click here

Error signature
BCCode : 23
BCP1 : 000E00E0
BCP2 : F9E90B84
BCP3 : F9E90884
BCP4 : 805371AE
OSVer : 5_1_2600
SP : 0_0
Product : 256_1

Reporting details
This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Windows when the problem occured, the operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the Internet Protocol(IP) address of your computer.

We do not intentially collect your name, address, email adress or any other form of personally identifiable information. However, the error report may contain customer-specific information in the collected data files. While this information could potentially be used to determine your identity, if present, it will not be used.

The data that we collect will only be used to fis the problwm. If more information is available, we will tell you when you report the problem. This error report will be sent using a secure cinnection to a database with limited access and will not be used for marketing purposes.

To veiw technical information about the error report, click here.
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062805-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\JANICE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

thanks in advance if someone out there knows

always

wylde xoxoxo

Offline Amore / Daniella

• Justice is a fragile thing.
    • Amore's Inner Sanctum
Re: Tech Help Anyone???????
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 05:22:13 AM »
I put in a call to my resident techie-next-door-neighbor the bear coz she's likely to know.

amore

Offline cat{MTC}

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 06:04:25 AM »
wylde  is not a software issue is a couputer issue
if shut off like that can be the fan  stops and the puter overheat..
make sure the fan is  running..
if it works then check the side of the puter take the cover off and look if all runs right if not
can be your memeory ..but i suggest you get someone to look it or your drive will go
if all works fine then need to reinstall you windows
but most likely is the fan ..and your puter go over heat and stop running

cat

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 06:51:37 AM »
ok hun i spoke to the one that fixes my pc and this is what he said

Aaarrrahh: if it auto reboots it normally means u aint got the correct driver installed for a hardware device
Aaarrrahh: tell her to boot up in safe mode n check the yellow questions marks against hardware devices

hope it helps hun
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline ameeshia{B}

• Buddha's pet
  • Be kind to your food
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 03:26:46 PM »
If you have upgraded your system from ME to XP or having driver conflicts as previously mentioned that error will appear.

Please read the following link for step by step instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316424

Have a great day :)

ameeshia{B}
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 03:45:12 PM by ameeshia »

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 03:46:01 PM »
~puts on my certified techie cap having joined heads with my other half who is also a certified tech~

The only correct statement I've seen is that this IS a software problem (XP).  This is not an overheating problem.  This is not a driver problem. 

Actually, this is a system dump problem (virtual memory) which is stated nice and clearly in your error message:

To veiw technical information about the error report, click here.
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini062805-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\JANICE~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

GOOD NEWS!!!  This can be very easily fixed. 

I know because I had to do the same thing on my system.  It's a quirk of XP so here goes:

1.  Go to My Computer and select:  Control Panel.
2.  From the Control Panel, select:   Performance and Maintenance.
3.  Click on "System"
4.  You'll get a pop up window with various options.  Select the tab "Advanced"
5.  You'll get a pop up window with various options.  Look where it says "Startup and Recovery" and click on "Settings."
6.  Look where the subheading "System Failure" is located.    Input the following:

------------- Check (or leave checked) "Write an event to system log"
    -------------  Check (or leave checked)  "Send administrative alert"
    ------------   Uncheck "Automatically reboot"

*********************   IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Make sure "AUTOMATICALLY REBOOT"  is UN checked.  This is why your computer keeps rebooting. 

7.   Then on the same window, go further down where the subheading "Write debugging information"  and do the following:

-------- first area, you have the choice for the types of memory dumps.  I have been successful by selecting "Small memory dump (64 KB)" but if you keep getting the administrative alert, then select "None"

------- Small dump directory:    Should be:  %SystemRoot%\Minidump

That should take care of it.  ~s~

~ the bear

« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 03:54:21 PM by talena {Sirius} »