Author Topic: ...why I've been scarce...  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
...why I've been scarce...
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »
I'm sure many of you have noticed that I have not been as permanent a fixture in camp as in previous months.  To explain:

As the end of the school year draws to a close, I'm experiencing a major grading and lesson planning crunch that requires a good deal of my time and energy.  It seems that I remain at school five minutes later each day; that the paperwork is growing exponentially; and that every ounce of my creativity is being poured into capturing my students' attention and keeping them motivated throughout these last twenty days. Interestingly enough, I'm not too stressed.  My lessons are going extremely well, probably because of my enthusiasm and the importance I have placed on these final few lessons.  (I actually never expected my Freshmen to love Romeo and Juliet, or for my Sophomores to totally dig The Crucible - how many high school English teachers can actually say that their students are interested in classical literature?)

At any rate, I come home and die on the couch, then drag myself off to bed a few hours later.  Even if I somehow manage to forego the nap, I usually feel too drained, too devoid of creativity, to come to camp.  When I do, it takes ten minutes between posts while I strive to crank my brain into gear and find the words that usually come so easily, and that's just... frustrating.

Besides this, my daughter and time with my Master will always come first.  If it feels like a night to just relax on the couch and watch movies once dinner is out of the way and kiddo is homework'd, bathed, bedtime-storied, and off to the Land of Nod, that's going to be a night I -- we -- don't come to camp.  If we're tapped out on movies and have a bit of energy, we'll hop online.  Sometimes my Master is in camp without me because I'm leaving drool stains on the couch cushions, but I'm never in camp without him, because time with him comes first.   It's certainly not that I'm not "allowed" to be in camp if he's not in the mood to role-play; nor is it that I'm one of those slaves who only feels the need to come to camp if her Master is there.  Simply, I am enjoying, treasuring, cherishing every single moment with him. I'm happy and healthy, despite my hectic schedule, and I have to admit that camp is just a bit less of a priority these days.

Still, I'd be around a LOT more if not for the end-of-year crunch.  I promise you'll see me more after June 14th!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 07:54:23 AM by ~ delilah ~ {Tegutai} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline pleasure{MTC}

Re: ...why I've been scarce...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 10:01:24 AM »
misses you and cant wait!!!! can i sleep until june 14th? huh? can i? huh? ;D
We have a weight to carry and a distance we must go.
We have a weight to carry, a destination we can't know.
We have a weight to carry and can put it down nowhere.
We ARE the the weight we carry from there to here to there.
-The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 10:17:43 AM »
Only if I can! -grumpy sleep-deprived look-

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline ariella {*Arlon*}

• in His collar, i found freedom
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 10:41:39 AM »
it's not the same without you sis!
"He is Master and i am slave. He is owner and i am owned. He is to be pleased and i am to please. Why is this? Because He is Master and i am slave."

Page 184 - Explorers of Gor

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:55:03 AM »
I miss you too!

wait...  ::) :P

;) :-*

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Arlon

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »
Best of luck with all the year-end stuff dee, I've seen some of what teachers go through even normally, let alone at this time of year so My hat is off to ya cuz I dunno if I could do it. No worries,yer still loved and missed and we'll be happy to see ya when we get to. You and Teg and your lil girl jsut enjoy what family time you can at such a hectic time.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
Thank-you, Master and ari!

-snickers as I look to my beloved Owner, trying to restrain the snort-

You miss me, too, huh?  LOL I'll be home soon, my Master.  ::)  ;D

Offline Jay

• Hump de Bump!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
golly gee wilikers, you will!?

at least I was able to get a small moments peace then.  :P heh heh heh  :-*

and Arlon, I'm with Ya there, half the stuff she talks about makes Me want to cringe and develop a drinking habit. LOL  ;D

Disclaimer: We have no wish to offend you unless you're a twit.

A censor is a man who thinks he knows more than you ought to.

I don't see you, so don't pretend you're there.

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »
-squints and shoves you- "golly gee willikers."  omg, my reality just crashed.  that's just... swell. -flails-

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 05:06:38 PM »
miss you so much sis
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..