Author Topic: Just a note  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
Just a note
« on: July 13, 2005, 05:30:39 PM »
Ok.. some ofyou know that I've been having some pretty major back problems for the last week. Apparently, even tho I was very careful last tuesday bringing in grocerys from Sam's Club, I wasn't careful enough. After a week of hoping it was just the normal irritation of the arthritis I already have in that area I ended up going to the doc yesterday (tuesday). It's official... I have strained the muscles in my lower back and I am now on some pretty heavy duty muscle relaxants... the problem is, they make me really dopey and drugged up.. in fact, roomie was laffing at me last night because apparently my pupils were all funky lookin...  today, well.. after dropping him off at work at 8am, I slept till 3pm... and  then at about 6pm, napped for another hour on the couch. SO... not totally with it. I'm hoping to only need ONE pill a day while I'm at the Gathering so that I can actually enjoy myself... and drink... *lol*

What I'm tryin to say is, I don't know how much I'll be in Camp. I was online last night for about an hour in msn and gave up since my fingers were not wanting to type what my brain was telling them to. So.. since migration is close, please pretend that while I am incapacatated that I am smoking as much meat as people bring me, while smoking the furs from those beasts. Due to lack of water I've had to give up any idea of making soap before the migration and I'mhoping thatwhat is in the supply wagons will be enough. Remember, there is both bars, AND "liquid" soap available. For the newer people I give the "in a nutshell" explanation.... the liquid soap is soap without salt in it to harden it.. it's more like a thick GOOP.. which is how I usually refer to it. This is what we use to wash dishes, clothing, etc... some of it is scented, but most of it's not since it's just for cleaning. I will have also readyed my wagon for migration, which includes getting all my lovely crocks, which are filled with herbs and have been lining the pathway to my wagon,  up onto my porch and strapped down so they don't fall off. I've had to dump the ashes from my lye extractor with a heavy heart because those ashes are dear, but that has also been loaded up and the only things left for me to pack are the tripod that I smoke the furs with, and the stretching racks since I am still working on those as much as possible. If you choose to have Kit rp anything while I'm gone, she's at her Clan wagon working feverishly to get as much furs and meat smoked before we leave.

Luvs you all! and no that is not a drug induced delerium... *lol* I think that I did pretty good.. was even mostly coherent for that lil ramble... *grin*

Kitya