Author Topic: Football thread  (Read 19199 times)

Offline Serinna

Re: Football thread
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »
*just drums fingers being the Odd Woman out and goess off to find something to do, not bothering to try and watch anything on TV cuz I dont want to hear anyone bitching*

can Y'all tell I hate football? just a game with a bunch of sweaty guys running around like chickens with their heads cut off, chasing after a funky shaped looking pointy ball....

*scrams so I dont get My sides busted and bruised by jabbing elbos*
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Sands

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 01:08:03 PM »
nothing wrong with..hot...sweaty...men

Offline Serinna

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 03:09:55 PM »
well no... there's not... but I would rather have them........... hot......... sweaty and gazing at Me rather that each other *grins and is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad this is ooc*
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Karanis

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 05:25:47 PM »
hate football? omg........

*just blinks*

wow....

football is the greatest sport on the planet........

a chess match that takes muscle AND brains to play......

not everyone can play football.....

or understand it I guess *chuckles*....

but truly.........football is a divine gift from above *nods lots*

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 07:13:59 PM »
can Y'all tell I hate football? just a game with a bunch of sweaty guys running around like chickens with their heads cut off, chasing after a funky shaped looking pointy ball....

Wow someone who shares my distaste in football......... but whats funny is going into a room full of your co-workers who all LOVE the chargers, all dressed up in some Raiders gear....... LOL

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
Shoko, you sound like someone who likes getting raided... ~smirks and ducks~ I have been a Chargers fan since the Raiders left LA the first time, when they returned, they still sucked, so I kept up my rooting for my boys in blue and yellow... and as it stands, they are looking at a playoff spot at the end of the season, since it seems the Broncos lost their momentum... heck, we even beat the Colts, that shocked a bunch of us, but then again, there were some bad calls by the refs that shouldn't have been called the way they were...

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2007, 07:53:31 AM »
How sweaty men...with cute little asses...running around in SPANDEX PANTS... Mmmmmmmmmm.  I'll take football over any sport, any day, any time.

Shoko: Raiders?  I'm sorry. -pets- Hubby is a die hard Raiders fan.  Can't figure that out to save my life, since he's never been to California, and has always lived here in Illinois, but then, with the Rams, Bears, Packers and  Vikings being the closest options to him, I guess I can't blame him for trying to go beyond the boundaries of the Midwest.

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »
Rams @ Bengals

I hate to say it, but I have to go with the Bengals. They will need to take an early lead and keep racking up yardage to Johnson and Houshmawhateverthefuck (SP?) if they expect to win. Their defense is pretty bad and their secondary... well... if not for Hall... would be non-existant. Still... if they keep their head in the game and strike early they can do it. Blitz and keep the Rams off balance with Witherspoon. Expect him to be faced with as muchstopping power as possible. Both teams are still dreaming of a playoff shot but it seems an outside chance at best either will make it. The Rams are comming off a home field win against the Falcons and will be riding that high. The Bengals are comming off a loss to the Steelers and just might be looking to try and gain back some degree of respect. They have talent... they just can't seem to play as a team. Maybe they will do it this week. Go Bengals!

Raiders @ Packers

Normally I would say the Packers without hesitation. Now it depends on just how well Favre's arm has come along since banging it up against Dallas. If he is unable to play well and hang in the game... the situation may be in doubt. Still... I will have to go with the Packers.

Cowboys @ Lions

Cowboys. The Lions need to break their losing streak but right now everything seems to be going right for Romo and Co... and the Romo Ownes show will likely continue since the Lion's pass defense sucks so back they could take lessons from elementary school kids playing monkey in the middle. Watch for some Cowboy records this week!

Buccaneers @ Texans

Hard to say. These two have only played one another one time prior to this game. The Bucs won that one. With Garcia out and a strong "maybe" for this game... The Bucs will be my choice. Even if he doesn't play.... McCowen (SP?) doesn't look too bad and can still likely pull off the win. But as they say... "On any given day..." If the Texan are hot and want it bad enough, look out Bucs.

Dolphins @ Bills

Bills. The Dolphins are still looking for their first win of the season. The Bills are playing to keep their playoff hopes alive. Who wants it more?

Chargers @ Titans

This should be a good game. The Chargers face a tough defense here and if they expect to win they will have to take to the air. The Titans want some payback for their last lost to the Chargers. I may regret it... but I will have to go with the Titans.

Panthers @ Jaguars

Jags. I just don't think the Panthers have what it will take this year. The Panthers can control the pass... so the Jags will have to run.

Giants @ Eagles

I think McNabb returns this week. Hopefully his social security benefits will come through so he can get off the field. I look for McNabb to play until they start losing and when he realises he can't pull it off himself he will "aggrivate" his injuries and Feely will have to come in. The Giants are my pick in this matchup.

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Both teams can certainly pass. This game will be won on the ground. The Cards are hot right now so I will have to go with them on a longshot this week.

Vikings @ 49ers

Vikings. I may be wrong... but I have to wonder if the 49ers will even score unless its a FG.

Browns @ Jets

I gotta go with the Browns. The Pumpkin heads have a hot QB in Anderson and they are doing great racking up the passing yards taking defensive secondaries apart. They are still hopefulls for post season play but the Jets are done and are pretty much playing for honor's sake at this point. I would like to see Winslow break a thousand yards receiving this week.

Chiefs @ Broncos

I look for the Chiefs to throw and the Broncos to run. This may give the Broncos a slight edge on both counts offensively.  Looking at the defense... the Chiefs seem to have the advantage. The Bronos suck bigtime against the run. Home field advantage will play a part in this game. I hate Denver but will have to go with them this week.

Colts @ Ravens

Colts. Ravens are on a death-slide losing streak. They are due for a win... but not against Manning and Co. That would be a major upset.

Steelers @ Patriots

Holy Moley!!! If both teams play up to full potential, be ready for some smashmouth football!!! The Patriots are weak in their rush defense. Parker can exploit this especially if he breaks through into the secondary. As long as the Steelers can rush... they can control the clock. Keep the Patriots offense off the field and they will not be able to score. Need to watch Coach B and crew naturally since they are known cheats... but hopefully they will coach a game straight up. Injuries plague the Steelers this season. We need to get healthy before the post season hits. Look for some possible Steeler records this week. I figure Big Ben will either come out throwing for a quick lead or try to systematically take apart the defense with the running game. But face it... when you talk Steeler football... you have got to shut down the running game or Pittsburgh will hurt you bad!!! Watch out for Ward. When Parker gets tired, Ward will just keep smiling as he uses those great hands of his. I have to root for my Steelers. The Pats are due for a loss and if the Steelers play with heart... that loss may come this week. GO STEELERS!!!

Saints @ Falcons (Monday Night)

I look for a Saint's  win... if Brees quits throwing picks. If the Falcons win... it will be an upset.

Karanis

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2007, 07:10:34 PM »
Steelers @ Patriots

Holy Moley!!! If both teams play up to full potential, be ready for some smashmouth football!!! The Patriots are weak in their rush defense. Parker can exploit this especially if he breaks through into the secondary. As long as the Steelers can rush... they can control the clock. Keep the Patriots offense off the field and they will not be able to score. Need to watch Coach B and crew naturally since they are known cheats... but hopefully they will coach a game straight up. Injuries plague the Steelers this season. We need to get healthy before the post season hits. Look for some possible Steeler records this week. I figure Big Ben will either come out throwing for a quick lead or try to systematically take apart the defense with the running game. But face it... when you talk Steeler football... you have got to shut down the running game or Pittsburgh will hurt you bad!!! Watch out for Ward. When Parker gets tired, Ward will just keep smiling as he uses those great hands of his. I have to root for my Steelers. The Pats are due for a loss and if the Steelers play with heart... that loss may come this week. GO STEELERS!!!

*big fat juicy raspberries on your go steelers*

I've been a pats fan since Flutie was the qb....

and even with the hype and bad press and all that other crap.....

I'm still a die hard....

*so big fat juicy raspberries LOL* *MWAH*

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 12:17:24 AM »
*steps up to the soap box*

Just for the record, I do NOT like the raiders, just think its funny to be the rebellious one, I was born and raised in San Diego, I am FORCED to like the chargers.

But for all the Ladys on this thread, I joined a fantasy football league with a old co-worker, like two years ago, just cause we knew Our team could beat our bosses team...... well this year I got to pick our players........ I picked all the players I thought were the cutest........ and Were winning! LOL!

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »
*just laughs at Shoko*

I hope my Troyboy still made your team... *fans face*.. love that Samoan...

Go Broncos
Go Lions
Go Raiders
Go Steelers
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Sands

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2007, 01:58:58 PM »
go bengals...go bengals...does my win dance

looks like detriot might take dallas...

under 2 to go in the 4th

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »
Rams @ Bengals

I hate to say it, but I have to go with the Bengals. They will need to take an early lead and keep racking up yardage to Johnson and Houshmawhateverthefuck (SP?) if they expect to win. Their defense is pretty bad and their secondary... well... if not for Hall... would be non-existant. Still... if they keep their head in the game and strike early they can do it. Blitz and keep the Rams off balance with Witherspoon. Expect him to be faced with as muchstopping power as possible. Both teams are still dreaming of a playoff shot but it seems an outside chance at best either will make it. The Rams are comming off a home field win against the Falcons and will be riding that high. The Bengals are comming off a loss to the Steelers and just might be looking to try and gain back some degree of respect. They have talent... they just can't seem to play as a team. Maybe they will do it this week. Go Bengals!

Raiders @ Packers

Normally I would say the Packers without hesitation. Now it depends on just how well Favre's arm has come along since banging it up against Dallas. If he is unable to play well and hang in the game... the situation may be in doubt. Still... I will have to go with the Packers.

Cowboys @ Lions

Cowboys. The Lions need to break their losing streak but right now everything seems to be going right for Romo and Co... and the Romo Ownes show will likely continue since the Lion's pass defense sucks so back they could take lessons from elementary school kids playing monkey in the middle. Watch for some Cowboy records this week!

Buccaneers @ Texans

Hard to say. These two have only played one another one time prior to this game. The Bucs won that one. With Garcia out and a strong "maybe" for this game... The Bucs will be my choice. Even if he doesn't play.... McCowen (SP?) doesn't look too bad and can still likely pull off the win. But as they say... "On any given day..." If the Texan are hot and want it bad enough, look out Bucs.

Dolphins @ Bills

Bills. The Dolphins are still looking for their first win of the season. The Bills are playing to keep their playoff hopes alive. Who wants it more?

Chargers @ Titans

This should be a good game. The Chargers face a tough defense here and if they expect to win they will have to take to the air. The Titans want some payback for their last lost to the Chargers. I may regret it... but I will have to go with the Titans.

Panthers @ Jaguars

Jags. I just don't think the Panthers have what it will take this year. The Panthers can control the pass... so the Jags will have to run.

Giants @ Eagles

I think McNabb returns this week. Hopefully his social security benefits will come through so he can get off the field. I look for McNabb to play until they start losing and when he realises he can't pull it off himself he will "aggrivate" his injuries and Feely will have to come in. The Giants are my pick in this matchup.

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Both teams can certainly pass. This game will be won on the ground. The Cards are hot right now so I will have to go with them on a longshot this week.

Vikings @ 49ers

Vikings. I may be wrong... but I have to wonder if the 49ers will even score unless its a FG.

Browns @ Jets

I gotta go with the Browns. The Pumpkin heads have a hot QB in Anderson and they are doing great racking up the passing yards taking defensive secondaries apart. They are still hopefulls for post season play but the Jets are done and are pretty much playing for honor's sake at this point. I would like to see Winslow break a thousand yards receiving this week.

Chiefs @ Broncos

I look for the Chiefs to throw and the Broncos to run. This may give the Broncos a slight edge on both counts offensively.  Looking at the defense... the Chiefs seem to have the advantage. The Bronos suck bigtime against the run. Home field advantage will play a part in this game. I hate Denver but will have to go with them this week.

Colts @ Ravens

Colts. Ravens are on a death-slide losing streak. They are due for a win... but not against Manning and Co. That would be a major upset.

Steelers @ Patriots

Saints @ Falcons (Monday Night)

I look for a Saint's  win... if Brees quits throwing picks. If the Falcons win... it will be an upset.

Rams @ Bengals.......... 19 - 10 Bengals (1 - 0)

Raiders @ Packers....... 38 - 7 Packers (2 - 0)

Cowboys @ Lions........ 28 - 27 Cowboys (3 - 0)

Buccaneers @ Texans........ 28 - 14 Texans (3 - 1)

Dolphins @ Bills........ 38 - 17 Bills (4 - 1)

Chargers @ Titans........ 23 - 17 Chargers (4 - 2)

Panthers @ Jaguars........ 37 - 6 Jaguars (4 - 2)

Giants @ Eagles........ 16 - 13 Giants (5 - 2)

Cardinals @ Seahawks........ 42 - 21 Seahawks (5 - 3)

Vikings @ 49ers........ 27 - 7 Vikings (6 - 3)

Browns @ Jets........ 24 - 18 Browns (7 - 3)

Chiefs @ Broncos........ 41 - 7 Broncos (8 - 3)

Colts @ Ravens........ 44 - 20 Colts (9 - 3)

Steelers @ Patriots........ 34 - 13 Patriots (9 - 4)

Saints @ Falcons........ 34 - 14 Saints (10 - 4)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:09:27 AM by RAGNAR »

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 01:23:44 PM »
Only 4 wrong.. not bad Bro! *grin* Altho I am miffed that you bet against my Texans. *chuckles*

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 06:42:37 PM »
*Chuckles*