Author Topic: Good and bad news...  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Good and bad news...
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
As some of you know, the place that hubby and I have been living at for nearly a year is driving both of us to the brink of a nervous breakdown or worse... Well by tomorrow night, we should be in our new place, it's only a room rental in a nice house, apparently just built within the past few months, in the middle of a forest, well, not completely a forest, but it's just about... we will have the place to ourselves until another renter comes in for the second room, though when we get the money to upgrade, we are getting the master suite, including a  jacuzzi tub.. ~sighs and nearly purrs~ we also have full access to the gourmet kitchen, with a dishwasher, large fridge, stove and a coffee maker... in the adjoining room, a washer and dryer... ~gleeful look~  and it's quiet, safe, and OMG the stars in the sky are aplenty... no more sounds of 18-wheelers speeding down the highway just a 100 yards away, and me worrying that some stupid drunk is going to try and use our parking lot as a stopping point, meaning I will sleep a lot easier and more than likely better... ~grins~ and it's only $100 a week...That's the good news...

The bad news is until we can get a phone line hooked up, we are going to be offline... Hopefully it won't be longer than 2 weeks, as most of you know, that will drive me completely sane, but on top of having no net, we don't have a TV, so I am going to be rather bored until we get one, and that might not be for a time yet, as we have the rent to pay by the week, but with hubby's job picking up, that won't be an issue... I will get on line somehow to let you all know what is going on, if it ends up taking longer than 2 weeks, but we are thinking that might not happen... though right now we are hunting for a bed... as our's is in our storage unit, that is currently ~ahem~ double locked due to back rent due...

And yes, Rags, we are going to pay the back rent on the motel as we can... we aren't going to stiff them like others have in the past, that's just not right, nor kosher... ~grins~

Well I am off to go check on a few things, then either work on more packing or find sleep... I am still reeling from my 36 hours without sleep binge I pulled yesterday... Hey.... stress is NOT a good thing....

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
Re: Good and bad news...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 02:32:49 AM »
Tenacity pays off sis. *S*

Offline dilshad{property of Tira}

• ..and without a dream, what then is the dreamer ?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »
it sounds like the future is bright.. best wishs
and one hopes to see You, soon, Mistress
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »
We are still at the motel from hell, and hopefully this will be our last night, otherwise things are going to get bad... The room we looked at last night should have been finished by today, but seems it wasn't... You would think the person listing the room for rent would have checked to see if the damn thing was finished... ~RME~ At least there are only three things left to do, make a hole in the door for the door knob, place the door knob into the door, glue down the remaining pieces parts of the carpet and place the light fixture in the ceiling, okay, well that's four things, but they should be simple... There is one other thing that might prohibit us from moving in tomorrow night, but hopefully he will get the gist that we will be on the street come tomorrow night... ~sighs~ Well I am about to head to bed, have to be up early in the morning to finish packing as much as I can...

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:52:16 PM »
it seems that the path You are on is a rought one
but one that is slowly getting better

one hopes to hear good news soon and
gives You well wishs, Mistress
..you can not grasp it.
 You can  only touch the  fire and be seared by it,  even destroyed  in it's embrace, but never can you hold it, not for a heartbeat.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 02:10:44 AM »
Well Sis it looks like things are looking a little brighter and while I will hiss the holy hell outta You while youre gone, you and hubby shoudl look at it as a vacation....... you and him alone in a big ole house all quiet with no internets to distract you........ think of it as a second honey-moon!

But anyways Im really happy for you that youre gonna be in a nice place! *hugs* Ill see you when youre settled in.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 07:17:25 AM »
Right now we are still in the motel... Seems the guy is taking his sweet time getting the room ready... He says he will call when it's done, so for now we are currently staying our last night in the motel before we have no choice but to move... as all the money we currently have is for the room... This is NOT going right for us... in fact, it looks like we will be getting the larger room, that's going to cost us $50 more a week... except it is the master suite, and has a whirlpool tub... and is about half the size bigger than the other room....

Offline Nexhias

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:20:11 AM »
Hang in there, hon.  Things are going to look up.  I've got my fingers crossed for you.  -Hugs!-
Don't let your alligator mouth write a check that your hummin' bird ass can't cash.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 08:36:47 AM »
well.. You did not get the room that You wanted
and the one that You did get costs more..
Perhaps..a salary raise in the future, to even things out ? ?
one wishs the best of fortunes to You, Mistress
..you can not grasp it.

Offline Taryn

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
~sighs and RME~ We are getting the bigger room, the master suite after all... Since the cheaper room is nowhere near being finished it seems... it's $50 more a week, but it is much bigger, and we won't feel crammed in... ~laughs~ though the upside of this, is we will have the bathroom on the same floor as it's a master bathroom, and it comes with a two person size whirlpool tub... can you say, WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!! Tonight is probably my last night on line until we can get things set up, at least the only thing we have to worry about is cable, phone and internet... though right now we don't have a TV, that will change in about 6 to 8 weeks, as we are getting the deal through Verizon and we get a 19" LCD HD TV deal... ~grins impishly~

Will keep in touch with those I have contact info with, to pass on what is going on, and hopefully I won't go sane, though I will have access to a full kitchen, and a washer and dryer, which means there's going to be a lot of cleaning and cooking going on... I am wierd in this way, being cooped up in a 10x14 room for almost a year is probably the reason for my want of cooking and cleaning... ~snickers~ plus I can't wait to stargaze muchly when we get settled...

Will provide pics when I can get online and upload them...

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
best wishs, Mistress
..you can not grasp it.