Author Topic: powdered bosk milk  (Read 9396 times)

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: powdered bosk milk
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 04:00:31 PM »
Here's a question that I just thought about, as we use botas which were made from bosk stomach, I believe... As the weather is turning colder as we start to get into true winter, would using say bladders or stomachs be a way to store concentrated broth from the various meats we have available to us currently... It would only be for a short period of time, as the broth would be made up say every morning, and used throughout the day, and with the hundreds upon thousands of wagons, and even more people who occupy those wagons, would have access to the broth...

So would using botas or the like be another way to store liquids instead of glass, as we have seen the effects of glass during the winter season before, as well as other things that tend to not like the cold temperatures
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 04:06:37 PM by Taryn »

Offline Raziel

• WEBMAZE Mod
  • "In time, all things will be revealed."
Re: powdered bosk milk
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »
Somethng to think about.....

Freezing conditions. Glass containers. Where such are stored must be maintained above freezing. This would also include migration time when the wagons are moving.

Just food for thought.   ::)

This is true True...*snickers*...if the glass containers were sealed with liquid full, they could potentially crack.  But they can be frozen then sealed, leaving room at the top.  No worries for breaking or cracking.

On a side note, as far as where to store such as there is very little that is like a frozen environment, well, I hear some FW of camp are frigid asses...can see if the glass containers will fit.  Hmph...*quirks a brow and smirks before I leave*

Raz