Author Topic: powdered bosk milk  (Read 9404 times)

rep

powdered bosk milk
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:46:10 PM »
might someone tell her how 'powdered bosk milk' is made?. she has been unsuccessful in her own search for an answer.

kiah{MTC}

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
Re: powdered bosk milk
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »
*thinks*

hmmmz

First you powder some bosks (talcum works best) then you mix them in milk!

*cheezy grin*

how's that?
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

rep

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
that was very good................

.................in making her laugh ;D

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:38:38 PM »
umm..

okay... how about

feeding them dehydrated water and then when you milk them it comes out powdery??

*beams* LOL
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

rep

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 07:40:28 PM »
that would better explain...how it fits in those ...little tins ..~giggling~...

i'm starting to get the feeling this is turning into a David Letterman-like-list of an answer...~wondering what i'm going to wake up to tomorrow~...

since it's winter...does it have anything to do with...powdered snow?

i agree, that was bad...i'll leave the comedy to you..~wink~...thanks prism
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:27:48 AM by kiah{MTC} »

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »
after turning your question over for awhile, i turned to my best research buddy....google~lol~ and found this.....

Powdered milk has been available for centuries. History notes that the Mongols pioneered a milk drying process in the mid-1200s. They boiled milk with millet grain or rice, a little at a time until thickened, and then spread the mixture out in the sun to dry.

which is pretty cool since Tuchuk is based on Mongol culture. however, the only mention of powdered milk i can find in the books is in Guardsman....

"Yes, Master," she said. "May I mollify my beverage?"
"Yes," I said. I watched her as she mixed in a plentiful helping of powdered bosk milk, and two of the assorted sugars. She then left the small, rounded metal cup on the tray.
Guardsmen of Gor Page 296

which...isn't really applicable to Tuchucks given the location....

though....i suppose we could use powdered milk in trading...perhaps with with the Talahri...for such vital things like salt...

then again...maybe woobies is right~chuckles and wanders off~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

rep

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 04:27:27 AM »
thank you lure...~smiles~...i learned a lot from your post

(not just the great info offered but also the reminder to self to sharpen her own research skills)

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:57 AM »
any time hon~s

besides...you gave me alot to think about with this question...and for that...thank you hon~s

~snugs~
~lure

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »
gee an I thought it had to do with dehadrated boskies.. ya know during the hot summer months... *grins*
duckie rules

kelsey

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
based on the information lure provided, we wouldn't be able to powder the milk at this time due to the bad weather and cold temperatures

rep

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 04:22:31 AM »
yes Mistress, thank You Mistress, kiah understands.

thank you,too, sisters. the learning and laughter was very helpful to her.

kiah{MTC}

rep

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 10:49:31 PM »
Mistress Taryn asked kiah about the possibility of making powdered bosk broth in Camp and kiah remembered this conversation of long ago.

is it true that we could not prepare powdered bosk broth at this time because of the current bad weather and cold temperature? ~needing to report back to Mistress~

her thanks,

kiah{MTC}

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:44 AM »
Mistress Taryn asked kiah about the possibility of making powdered bosk broth in Camp and kiah remembered this conversation of long ago.

is it true that we could not prepare powdered bosk broth at this time because of the current bad weather and cold temperature? ~needing to report back to Mistress~

her thanks,

kiah{MTC}

i would think you are correct on that one kiah. with the current weather conditions of "Cold, cloudy, rainy, muddy. In general... miserable." along with the chance of ice and snow at any given moment this time of year, it would seem like properly being able to powder anything would be an uphill battle at best. though, this (along with powdering Bosk Milk to trade in Turia maybe)... could be really creative chore(s) for during the hot summer months -nods- ya know, build up our stores for winter emergencies and such.

now, for the here and now (just tossing out an idea  here) suppose the Clan of Cooks could always make a few batches of an ultra concentrated version of Bosk Broth (even sneaking in a few herbs and salt into some batches for added nutritional value), can it, or well, more like bottle up it in the now empty juice/paga/wine bottles we have in storage (theres a few good sites about canning with hot water bath various food stuffs we could get the proper info from)....then simply add the broth as needed to hot water (diluting the broth at that time to stretch it)

hrmmm....

~laughs~

ok, all this thinking is making da blondes head hurt!

good question though kiah!

~lure
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 07:56:43 AM by familure{MTC} »

rep

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »
thank you for your help lure

kiah{MTC}

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 09:54:10 AM »
Somethng to think about.....

Freezing conditions. Glass containers. Where such are stored must be maintained above freezing. This would also include migration time when the wagons are moving.

Just food for thought.   ::)