Author Topic: Clan Of Seamstresses: Duty Log  (Read 12768 times)

Offline Fishy!

Clan Of Seamstresses: Duty Log
« on: February 10, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »
I went into the Seamstresses Clan wagon for the first time today and looked to see if there was anything that I could use, I thought the wagon had been being used for storage only but it turns out that there was an OLD Woman there who has been the one doing a majority of all the sewing and mending, She isint sure of where her wagon is but she has apparently been doing the same thing for so many years that shes forgotten much else..... I have taken to calling her Mama-San and have just let her do her own thing... there is loads of already made clothing and Im thinking of taking some and trading them for some silks or other supplies.

the problem:

None of the mending that was taken there was ever done..... So I begain all the mending..... and will have a slave deliver all the mended clothing asap.

Offline Fishy!

Re: Clan Of Seamstresses: Duty Log
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 12:49:05 AM »
I made a basket full of gloves, and they are not the prettest but they are warm, they are in case anyone looses just one glove in the migration so that they can have a replacement....

also made some scarves they are thin but tightyly woven, they are also long and wide so that they may be wrapped many times around the neck and head.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 12:56:23 AM »
all of the mending is also now done and the items returned to the owners. the items that could not be mended were replaced. due to weather and migration there will be no fancy clothing or silks being made untill further notice. there are quite a few pairs of dancing silks and the such in the storage, but Im not sure how popular they are.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »
ok so now I have finished all of the dancing silks for the girls in the inner circles..... and Im thinking of asking all the kajira to donate all of their old ones that they dont wear to the kajira in the outer circles so that even the lesser people can see their kajira dance.

but there are three new girls in the inner circle that need to get some silks made but I will wait a little while before making them to see if they stick around.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 01:27:47 PM »
(havent posted in a while but needs to start)

I found some bolts of bandage meterial (whatever its made from) and had Taryn's children help me out to cut them....

the sizes range from roughly one inch all the way up to four inches and all are about 15 feet long.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »
~whispers to you quietly~ rep cloth, Sis

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 01:04:41 PM »
Ive ordered Mama-San and the seamstress clan slaves to go through all the storage and find any rep cloth that can be used for bandages.... and all the cloth that I have painstakenly dyed lately has been cut to bandages as the silk wont hold as well as regular cloth will...

gavin had taken Taryns children and they have begun to cut the bandages.... partly to keep them out of trouble...

almost 40 large spindles of the thin silk thread have been found.... one spindle can be used to thread probably 100 needles.....

I had a few slaves go around to the healers on the feild and give them each a spindle of the silk thread.... and 10 spindles have been brought to the healers wagon and the surgury wagon...

also... they have been trying to go around and see if there is any discarded rep that could be boiled and washed and used again... not to be used on the wounded but hopefully to help clean and such so that all the clean rep can be used for the warriors...

one of my slaves has gone about collecting the discarded clothing in the main camp trying to see what could be made to bandages and what could be used for makeshift slings....

next to go will be all the silks.... slaves are encouraged to keep their newest set of silks and turn in all the other pairs to the seamstress wagon in case they are needed to make bandages....

but as of right now.... almost all the things purchased in turia have been depleted

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
Today I took inventory....

4 bolts pink silk.

2 full sewing kits...
---Included are
---many diffrent color threads
---needles of diffrent sizes.
---two curved needles

10 balls of black yarn

4 balls of white yarn

and thats all that I have as far as supplies go... all the remaining fabric and silk went to bandaging the warriors of the camp. along with all the silk thread and all the dyed fabrics.

but the trip to the point should be soon and hopefully I wil be able to trade the tharlions for all the much needed camp supplies....

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »
I went with Amber to pick out some blue fabric and then ended up making Terran several shirts with the fabric.

each shirt is desinged in a diffrent way but they are all the same size... the meterial is thin and breathable and should do well to not minder motion.

gavin brought the shirts to Terrans wagon...

however I did purchase a bolt of darker cloth and have yet to make it into shirts...

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »
*grumbles about missing some posts*

Today I tidy-ed up the clan wagon, before cutting some patterns out for clothes.

-three shirts cut for Salem.
-three cut for Dylan as well.

Also, I finished dying the fabric for Krul, the patterns will be cut as soon as the fabric dries.

In a personal task I did set about making some shirts for Terran, in a attempt to replace the ones that were destroyed.
-two shirts finished to replace the one dystroyed by snare.
-four sleevless shirts made to replace all the ones that have been torn overtime, hopefully having shirts without arms will keep him from tearing the arms off of the shirts he does have.

~edited cause I cant spell~
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:53:12 PM by Shoko »

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »
-adds to my todo list-

-Fix what is fixable from the Leathers that Strider left to be worked on.
--Replace what is not.

-mend the clothes left by Salem.
--replace what is too far off

~note~
The leather vest and Shirt made for Amber was delivered today.
The three shirts for Salem were finished and delivered today.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 11:11:23 PM by Shoko »

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
Items for Krul were finished today

-they have yet to be delivered-

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »
-Mending Delivered-

-Striders Leathers were hand delivered
-Raz's mending was left upon his porch
-Salems mending was left upon his porch
-Terrans mending was left upon his porch
-Mending for Ubar and Ubara was given to one of the slaves in DRAGONSLAIR to be handled properly

-Clothes Delivered-

-Two new pairs of leathers were delivered to Strider with his mending
-two shirts for Dylan were left upon his porch -both are purple and yellow, the colors of the chaste of merchants-

--Special Order--

Nexhias ordered some new slave livery for dakota as his had gotten too snug to be comfortable

dakota came and picked up the Order from the clan wagon.

-Order included-

-Three new kes' much better fitting -dakota however was not asked to return his old kes'-
-one quilted jerkin
-three pairs of leathers
-three leather shirts
-one fur ear-flapped hat
-one pair of gloves

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »
Delevered a few winter Items today-

-Two quilted Jerkins and a Fur-Lined Coat for Strider... along with a brand new pair of boots that I thought might fit him.

-two thick long sleeve shirts, two quilted jerkins and a coat for Terran

Also-

I dug out the supply I have of gloves... they are simple and knitted... but they will do well to keep hands warm in the colder times...

I have several scarves that are ready to be worn as well,

However I am completely and totally out of any of the hats with the ear flaps... and I dont know how long it will take me to make them, they dont get worn out easily so most people should still have one in wearable condition... if anyone is at a total loss there are some knitted caps (think beanie style) in the clan wagon.

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 01:50:34 PM »
As I am not able to find a place to ask for requests for services, I will place it here.

The Clan of Healers is in need of 50 medical kits (they are much like back packs found on Earth) to replace the ones that just barely made it through this past migration. There is no rush on this request, just that it is done before the next migration is upon us, otherwise there will be several wagons without kits.

As for payment, come see me and between us, I am sure we can come up with something to barter or trade for the items requested.

Thanks,
Taryn Iona