Author Topic: Clan of Sleen Breeders/Trainers  (Read 6212 times)

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
Clan of Sleen Breeders/Trainers
« on: March 09, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
During the RoT crossing, one sleen cage wagon was lost.  30 sleen onboard were also lost.  Several thralls have been ordered to skin the sleen carcasses and salt them for temporary preservation until we reach the final wintering ground.

Wood flooring from the cage wagon was salvaged where possible and is being stacked in one of the NS's supply wagons.  The axles could not be salvaged.  A new wagon will be ordered when we arrive at the wintering ground.

All other sleen seem to have weathered the trip well, with the exception of several older sleen.  This was expected.

NightStorm
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Titus

Re: Clan of Sleen Breeders/Trainers
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »
Sister can i have the full count of sleens....

trained and untrained....would be nice! lol

Titus

miss u

Titus

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »
report for today

All sleens were fed and watered today by myself, patrol sleens are with guards and patrols on night patrol

Titus

Titus

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »
One sleen pup (from my group) was bought last night for 5 copper
description: white with black spot over its right eye (or left ) lol.
sold to Ambilek Czar.

Offline Titus

• HONOR ABOVE ALL
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:03:14 PM »
 ;D
Sister....the sleen we tended to today had its herd this night....7 male and 5 female pups...even dozen
The mother is doing well i brought them into the world and was GREAT!  will keep an eye on them and make sure they stay healthy till you arrive
again to check on them

as  to what we discussed will  post lil notes to to you on here about the ideas....

Titus
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:01:00 AM by Titus »
Sometimes it helps to stay quiet when the time is right

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »
"Sleen mate once a year, in the spring. The gestation period is about six months and there are usually four young in a litter. The young are usually white-pelted when born and their fur will darken by the next spring. Interestingly enough, sleen often pair for life with their mates"   SLAVEGIRL OF GOR

I guess the sleen just born are Gorean veterinary miracles.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:58:55 PM by NightStorm »
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 03:34:30 PM »
SLEEN PENS

Our sleen pens are constructed of the sleen cages with their wheels removed.  They are placed end to end in large rectangles.  You must walk through TWO doors in the sleen travel cages in order to get into the pens.  There is a separate birthing pen where the females are kept when their time is close.  Since there are over 300 sleen, one person feeding and watering them would be nearly impossible.  The sleen on guard are allowed to hunt to eat while on duty.  The only ones that are fed are the ones still in the pens.  Since sleen are meat eaters, there are barrels of blood and meat renderings behind the commissary wagon.  These are emptied once a day into the troughs in the sleen pens.

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:38:37 PM »
I examined the new pups tonight.  Eight of them had birth defects which would make them unfit for use in the Guard.  They were mercifully killed and fed to the kaiila.  Four were allowed to live and are with the mother (3 males, 1 female).

NS

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Three female sleen are in the birthing pen.  The large gray is a bit cranky.  Use caution when approaching her.  If things go as I suspect, all three should be giving birth within the week.

NS

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »
*bumps*

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
Post-Migration Report

All of the sleen pens are set up and the sleen are being housed in them.  Luckily, we did not lose any during this migration.  The sleen are back to normal patrols, with 1/2 on patrol at one time. 

There are two pregnant sleen in the birthing pen.  They will be delivering soon.  The smaller forest sleen has almost stopped eating, so I have ordered her to be checked every 4 hours.  I think the other sleen will be delivering within the week.  Both are doing well.

the Clansmen have been working at training the younger sleen.  There should be 6 ready by the time we go to the Point.  We will load them up and see if can sell them while we are there.

Sarant and I will be going on a hunting expedition after the Migration Celebration.  Plans are in the works.

NightStorm

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »
HERE IS GOOD INFORMATION ON SLEEN

http://www.worldofgor.com/reference.aspx?rpID=31

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »
During our latest trip to The Point, 40 removable wagon frames were purchased, as well as one hoist.  They have been delivered and I am told it is now much easier to set up the wagons into pens.  This should speed up the process for reloading them onto the wheels as well.