Author Topic: Sisters  (Read 5048 times)

Offline Nexhias

Sisters
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »
I think that it is safe to say that there is no 'cookie cutter' type of Free Woman on Gor. 

Some Women are tough as nails, can be as brutal as Men-- while Others are more quietly spoken, softly defined in their ways.

I want to hear from My Sisters:

1.)What is it that defines a solid Free Woman, in Your mind?

2.)What is it that defines a solid Free Woman of Tuchuk?

There are no right answers here, only opinions that I very much want to hear.
Don't let your alligator mouth write a check that your hummin' bird ass can't cash.

Offline Serinna

Re: Sisters
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 04:35:56 PM »
a solid Free Woman is One that knows the boundaries She has to abide by if She wishes and desires to keep Her freedom. She does not go past them lest She finds Herself in a ko'lar or worse

a Solid FW of Tuchuk is One that is not afraid to fight for Her Home or help to protect Those within it. She does not fear death or getting Her hands dirty with work. Life on the Plains is hard and We do not have the amenities that the city FW have. We change with the land We live on, adapt to Our surroundings and take what life gives Us. We take each day as it comes and thank the Mother Bosk for each day and night that We live and find Ourselves alive come the rise of the sun.
"born on the waters of the Thassa but My life is on the plains of Tuchuk"

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 05:32:53 PM »
A solid free woman... As easy a question as it should be... it is rather tough.  As all women are unique and different, which is why there are no cookie cutter Free Women.  I mean, there are, but not in MTC.

To me, a free woman is someone who knows the perfect balancing act.  They walk a fine line between their freedom, and the slavery they secretly crave, and outwardly fear.  Now, as how they walk that line is entirely up to them.  They can be bold, and absolutely toe the line, pushing the buttons of the Men who surround them, testing their limits, retreating only when they know that they can go no further without courting the steel around their necks.  They can also timidly remain beneath the radar, never once testing their limits.  Does that make the first woman stronger than the second?  No.  It just makes them different.  A strong Free Woman, is the one who remains Free, simply that, as they are the ones who have lived, knowing that any moment their lives may be changed at the whim of a Man.

A solid Free Woman of Tuchuk, however, is so many different things.  They have so many roles to play, yet never to forget that they are Women.  They may, in their lives play the roles of Daughter, Sister, Healer, Griever, Comforter, Mother, Companion, Protector.. and that is only to name a few of the roles they may get the opportunity to act as.  It takes a lot of self assurance, a lot of confidence, to lift their chins up, square their shoulders off, and bear the responsibility of these roles.  A solid Free Woman of Tuchuk, knows when to protect her family, and when to lay down her bow to rush to the aid of a fallen Warrior to keep him alive.  She knows when to set aside her personal feelings and obey without question, when it is necessary.  But at the same time, she knows that she is a woman, and revels in the fact that she has perhaps the opportunity to be the most beautiful of all things on Gor.  A Free Woman.

Know when to speak.
When to shut your mouth.
Know when to fight.
When to  give in.
Know when to comfort.
When to strike.
Know that you are a Free Woman of Tuchuk.

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »
Know when to speak.
When to shut your mouth.
Know when to fight.
When to  give in.
Know when to comfort.
When to strike.
Know that you are a Free Woman of Tuchuk.

Amen.
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:20:08 AM »
-bumps this up a notch-
S I l v e r . & . C o l d