Author Topic: Clan of Healers: Duty Log  (Read 206743 times)

Offline Fishy!

Re: Clan of Healers: Duty Log
« Reply #930 on: June 13, 2014, 09:57:16 PM »
-Posting on Behalf of Gheetah-

checked in on Sid, her ankle is healing really well, and shes been told to hang onto the crutches if she needs them, but she should be able to be up and walking albeit carefully

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #931 on: November 13, 2014, 10:27:12 PM »
Tended to Sukh after a fight broke out in the paga wagon.  One long bone deep gash from knee to pelvis.  Cleaned it out, applied green powder to every layer as I stitched my way from bone out.  Sutured it closed and applied bluegrass/agrimony slave before bandaging it up.  He also had a dislocated jaw that he took care of on his own, and also extensive bruising to his throat and body.  He wasn't going to accept pain medication, so I left him alone after tending to his thigh.

Offline Amber

« Reply #932 on: November 19, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »
Reattached a couple of fingers pinched off between chain and yoke when a Warrior named Tommasa didn't move his hand fast enough and the wagon began moving.

Coloring of last two fingers on left hand and sutures need to be checked every time we stop.  He is on i.v. antibiotics and resting on valerian at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:57:07 PM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #933 on: November 21, 2014, 01:58:34 PM »
Performed surgery after surgery.

Returned to the Medwagon afterwards to help finish with whoever was left to be seen.

Prepared the dead for the pyre.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #934 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »
I make notes in the log, before going into the furs...

Lancer and I went out to the field for triage, and I stabilized many Tuchuk and had them carried to the surgical and medical wagon.  After being attacked, twice, by Kataii pretending to be dead...I almost took a quiva in my back, and Lancer was ambushed...I didn't see any more wounded Kataii...Lancer was protecting me.  I returned to the Inner Wagons, and washed off in the Kennel Wagon...aware of the eyes of the bonds watching me, many hadn't seen a Red Savage before...and then got back to my wagon and my babes.

I had stayed awake for a long while, holding S'lene in my lap, and thinking of more I could have saved...but I could only attend to one patient at a time...I had finally climbed into the furs, and gathered my babes and sarai near me...it was cold and we knew how to stay warm...the winters in Scagnar were much worse.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #935 on: November 21, 2014, 07:25:01 PM »
Started the assembly line style Triage yesterday, anyone triaged in the field by either NS, Taryn or Izee was brought to the med wagon, and stabilized until proper treatment was available, thought needing surgery were prepped to the best of our abilities and then sent to the surgical wagon.

when most everone was brought in from the field, Taryn set up in the med wagon, helped by Helene they tended the more seriously wounded while I handled Raiden.

Ubara called for a healer to tend to him, still fighting with injuries that would have killed another man, Raiden was treated for an arrow to the belly, and two arrows lodged into his back, seeing that he was unwilling to stop fighting, I stabilized him, before swapping his Axe for a Bow, letting him take down any stragglers as we made our way to the med wagon.

Raiden's three arrow wounds were treated swiftly, the two in his back had stopped when they hit bone, and the one in his stomach was treated before it sunk far enough in to do serious damage, seeing as he was willing to break cots to get out of the Medical wagon before, the general thought among the healers is that we will make a place for him should he want it, but for now he is agreeing to be tended to as long as he can sit armed with his bow on the porch.

Offline Amber

« Reply #936 on: November 22, 2014, 12:01:40 AM »
After crossing the small river full of freezing water that makes me really not anticipate the RoT crossing many Warriors were treated for hypothermia.  The worst of them were brought to the medwagon where they hung out around braziers on the fur strewn floor and traded insults with their injured brethren as they slowly warmed up and were released.

We had one casualty due to the Warrior falling asleep.

Anyone else who weren't submerged as much were instructed to use outside braziers to warm up after removing wet boots, socks and leathers and drying off.

Offline Amber

« Reply #937 on: November 23, 2014, 12:33:13 AM »
After the Kataii were defeated I returned to the medical wagon to perform surgery on two critical patients with Gheeta doing the same.  A fifth patient presented with severe brain damage due to an arrow to the front lobe of his brain.  Upon checking reflexes and pupil dilation and receiving no response I removed the shaft of the arrow and placed him on a cot to die naturally and pain free.  Gheeta's second patient presented with a center chest wound from an almost point blank arrow.  Though she tried, there was nothing she could do to save Kovar's life.  The Or assigned to protect the medwagon is down one member.

Numerous minor injuries were presented and total number of dead is 5 with 15 missing Warriors possibly lost in the Skies forsaken snow.

After the surgeries I then helped with the minor injures and once those were seen to, prepared the dead Warriors for their pyre.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:56:46 AM by Amber »

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #938 on: November 23, 2014, 05:41:59 PM »
During the whiteout last night, I answered the call for a healer, and ended up doing Triage on Izee, Lancer who was also wounded, had already had the arrow in his thigh tied to stabilize it and was able to fight.

Izee had a arrow puncture her right breast, the tip going all the way through the flesh and embedding itself into the flesh of her left, I was able to remove the arrow from her body without doing any further damage, then used black powder to staunch the bleeding- using gauze and a clean rep cloth I was able to bind her chest so that there was enough pressure to keep the wound from bleeding until she was able to make it to the med wagon after the fighting was over.

then after a scuffle on the platform, I performed Triage on Kovar who had been downed with an arrow to the chest, I was able to stabilize him well enough for transport, but his injuries were too great and I was informed that he did not make it.

Offline Amber

« Reply #939 on: November 23, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
Caught Izee trying to check herself out of the medwagon.  Checked over her chart and allowed her to return to her wagon to heal.  One of the Healers last night gave her stitches to her wounds. SHe's been instructed to not do anything that may pull or pop stitches.

Restitched Sukh's leg wound now that the infection is completely gone.  I may or may not see him to remove them.  He's happy to not see me again unless during a social situation.

Yuudai successfully escaped the Medwagon.  I suspect I will be seeing him again when he begins to leak like a sieve.

We lost another of our Or this evening when riding too close to the Medical Wagon his mount found a sleen hole and went down.  Before he could move or anyone get to him his right ribcage and arm were pulverized by the wagon wheel.  There was nothing I could do for him but ease his pain before his breathing stopped and he went to the Endless Skies.  His name was Chau.  He was prepared for pyre by Helene.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #940 on: November 24, 2014, 12:29:05 PM »
Mercilayne was checked over after Volund found her with a patched coat bearing several bloodstains.

While worry for her condition was much appreciated in this stressful time, it turned out not to be anything serious. Merci has a long gash on her arm, about the length of her hand, but it seems that her coat took most of the damage. Thankfully the cut is shallow enough to not need stitches, and Merci took good care keeping it clean and bandaged.

Cleaned her wound with antiseptic, checked for any signs of infection, before applying a layer of honey salve and bandaging her arm more securely so that she might ride unhindered.

Offline Amber

« Reply #941 on: November 24, 2014, 11:52:40 PM »
Let fourteen Warriors go this morning.

Tended to a Warrior presenting with frostbite on the lower half of his left leg.  After quickly getting warmth and circulation going again I found it able to save his lower leg and foot, but his toes were presenting a problem.  I suggested we wait.  He suggested that if I didn't cut off his toes now that he would do it himself.  As soon as the column stopped for any length of time appropriate to perform the surgery, I did so.

Pissed off a lot of Warriors tonight.  Medwagon is now empty of everyone but the newest amputee.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #942 on: November 25, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »
Tended to Sid last night- she's taken good care of her wound and has managed to keep in good shape even with the physical activity of migration.

Checked her stitches for any signs of infection, then applied honey salve and re bandaged her wound,  she should be able to get her stitches after we stop for the night tonight.

((Dunno who Side is, so changed it to Sid -eg-))
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:04:50 PM by Amber »

Offline Amber

« Reply #943 on: November 26, 2014, 06:38:15 AM »
Checked on the frostbitten Warrior.  The blisters from the frostbite on his calf, ankle and foot are looking good and have been left alone.  Also checked his sutures from the surgery and they are presenting no signs of infection.

He has one more day in the medwagon before I'll even think of letting him loose.

Offline Amber

« Reply #944 on: November 28, 2014, 01:08:26 AM »
Before entering Turia cleared up my unfinished business with the frostbitten Warrior.  With light wrappings for the blisters and rep cloths in the toe of his boot, he was released back to duty.

Our Medwagon is now EMPTY!

Also last night, the Ubar had an untreated grazing lance wound to his ribcage.  It was no longer bleeding, the edges already curled inward to reattach to the muscle beneath.  I left it alone as messing with it even more would be like poking the grumpy bear.