Medieval > Castle MacLaaran

MacLaaran Village

<< < (3/48) > >>

Serenitee:
~a new day was dawning.  The warmth of the morning sunshine beginning to peek through the sheer folds of fabric at her window, casting a soft glow across her form...seated in a rocking chair near the hearth~

~leaning her head back and closing her eyes, gently twisting her neck side to side as she lays her sewing aside.  Lifting her arms way above her, arching her back into a much needed stretch. Wiggling the blood flow back into her fingers. Pointing her toes then curling them into the soft rug beneath her feet. Laughing as she hears several little creaks, surely signs of her having sat up too long sewing~

~standing up for a moment, hand on her hips as she twists at the waist, loosening tight muscles.  Sighing softly as she sits back down.  Taking up her sewing once again, her fingertips lightly tracing over the elegant lace covering the bodice of the gown.  Laying the garment across her lap, lining up the sides of the back to make sure the lacings will be straight.  Smoothing her fingetips along the soft blue fabric, hoping this is what Sir Kyle had in mind~

~the design was perhaps not something the womenfolk of the village would prefer, but she thought it would look lovely on lava. The empress waist high, but angled unlike most she had seen.  Long flowing, bell sleeves crafted of the same lace that covers the upper bodice. She had nipped and tucked the fabric to accentuate lava's tiny waist and created a "v" at the neckline with an embellishment of lace to show off...other things. The back was her favorite  part of the garment. She had layered lace over the back bodice, edging the sides with a scalloped notion she had picked up on her trip to London.  The dress would be snugged with satin ribbon lengths~

~having only the lacing and hemming left to do, she neatly folds the garment, puts her sewing supplies away in a box near the hearth. Making a mental note to the bring home the bolt of fabric she laid aside for lava's riding britches.  Standing, looking toward her bedroom, her bed seeming to call her name, the looking out the window toward the pond wondering if a morning swim may wake her. Walking to the door, opening it just a bit..shivering feeling the morning chill still in the air....closing the door, chuckling as she goes to take a bit of a nap...at least until the heat of the day sets in~

WilliamTaillur:
Settling in MacLaaran for a few days..finally having retrained Port Endinburg personell on proper business practices... kicks back in a large multicolored and overstuffed chair.

Chatting a little with cookie .... talks her into making a berry pie.... oversized and stuffed with berries... for this evening's dinner.

Then a messenger enters and says a package has arrived.  I pay the messenger his due fees and a little more for a tip, thanking him for the package.  Hiding the package under Mine chair, waits for Dami to enter later.

Aurora:
waking in the afternoon... after having spent several nights here... seeing Tris gone to finally tend to His duties.. She stretches and slips out of the bed.... finding Her dress.. She pulls it on... then pinning Her hair up as best She can... opening a few drawers in the desk until She finds a parchment and some ink....settling into the chair and picking up the quill, dipping it in the ink then writing...

Dearest Tris
I had a most pleasent time over the weekend
I hope to see You again very soon,
but until that time, know You are in My thoughts
Always, Aurora
rolling the parchment and finding a bit of string to tie it with... gathering the rest of Her things and then slipping out of the room, hanging the note on the nail She stuck on the door last time.. laughing softly that it would still be there...She makes Her way down the stairs.. greeting seth as She slips out the door of the castle...

Serenitee:
~walking along the edge of the pond, pausing a moment to dip her toes into the cool water...sighing softly as she turns and makes way back into the cottage. Crossing the floor to the desk near the hearth, sitting down as she takes out her journal, quill and ink.  Lifting the finely bound journal up to blow the dust off. Leaning her head to the side a bit, slumber tussed curls falling over her shoulder~

~dipping the quill and writing~

July 25

It's been a very long time since I've written here. My father asked me to take care of a matter in London for him about a month ago, conerning his business.  I did not wish to do this, but sometimes he can be quite formidable and it's best to just do as he asks. ~a frown creasing her brow as she dips the quill again~

The trip went well aside from having to cross paths with Alex Sinthale.  I truly wonder what I was thinking where he is concerned. I am years older, and wiser now. ~lifting a brow as she shakes her head gently~  I hope.

I've written here often of M'lord Praegorn. ~softly smiling~  Just saying his name brings a smile to my lips. He's taught me a great deal about myself, unbeknownst to him of course. At times, he seems to know me better than I know myself. ~quietly laughing while reloading the quill~  A jovial, loving soul he has and I still wonder at why he seems to enjoy my company. Not an evening goes by where I am not thinking of him and the times we spend together.

Last eve there was a ball held at the castle.  It was a beautiful evening for it.  M'lady Aspen and M'lady Lunar were lovely.  Sir Kyle's beauty lava was as radiant as ever.  The love between them is ever apparent.  All one has to do  is watch their eyes when they meet. Truly a remarkable couple. ~brushing the feather edge of the quill over her lips before another dip into the ink~

I managed to fashion a new gown in hopes of turning M'lord Praegorn's eye. I think I am becoming a bit obsessed.  When he arrived, my breath caught and nary a word could form on my lips as he walked toward me. I can't even put into words the effect just the light touch of his lips to my hand can cause. ~musing as she ponders, thinking it would wonderful if someone invented a quill that did not require constant dipping....laughing merrily to herself~

Once I was able to breath again, we danced. I do so love dancing. The banquet table was lovely and full of nearly anything one could imagine from delicate pastries to luscious bits of fruit to a fine selection of wines. M'lord Praegorn and I passed a bit of time there before going back to dancing.

The music was wonderful last eve. We were even treated to a performance from Sir Kyle. ~biting back a chuckle here~  It was an early celebration of sorts for Sir Kyle and lava.  An anniversary.  ~a soft smile lifting her lips~  I hope I can one day celebrate such a wondrous event.

The evening ended much too quickly. As normal, M'lord Praegorn and I were last to leave.  The walk back to the village was strangely quiet with only a few murmured exchanges between us. It pains me to say goodnight to Praegorn. I watch out the window when we part....watch him go and feel a loneliness set in as he disappears into the shadows.  I know I am probably being silly. ~thoughtfully biting her bottom lip as she dips the quill one last time~

Today I think I will rearrange the cottage then maybe pack a picnic lunch...and try to tempt M'lord Praegorn out of  the Herald.  I do so miss him.  I wonder...~softly chuckling~....what he would think were he to know how much I think of him.

~setting the quill and ink aside as she lightly blows across the parchment, helping the ink to dry.  Standing and stretching a bit as she sets about her daily tasks..softly humming a tune from last eve~

TimTheEnchanter:
Oops... just discovered this sub-board... shows how much I pay attention (copied from the Medieval main board, where it didn't belong)

Appears at the bottom of the staircase... looks about the hall, but sees no one... feeling a bit peckish, heads for the scullery to see if cookie has left anything that he might make a lite meal from...

upon reaching the scullery looks through the bread bin... finds a small round loaf, and withdraws it... wonders where the knives are...

looking through an upper cupboard comes across a partial wheel of what looks to be cheddar... still not having found any knives of any sort, ... can't imagine how a scullery is to function without knives... withdraws the daggar from the sheath inside his right boot, and slices a generous portion from the wheel...

with bread in his left hand... and the daggar and newly sliced cheese in his right... he decides that looking for a plate of some sort might be a good idea... he sets the bread, cheese, and daggar down on the wooden countertop... this all looks so much easier when one of the lasses is doing it... he opens several cupboards below counter level, and discovers many interesting items.. none of which are plates, of course... withdrawing a wooden implement that looks like a large square paddle, with small holes drilled in it in regular intervals to form a grid, he swings it through the air, but has absolutely no idea what it is used for... returns the instrument, and continues searching for a plate... surely they have plates... he's seen them... they must be here somewhere... he keeps looking...

finishes looking through every under counter cupboard with no plates to be found... decides to start with the upper cupboards... upon opening the first of the uppers he is greeted with shelf upon shelf of goblets, wine glasses, pewter tankards, and on the top shelf his plain pint glasses... he reaches up and snags one of the pint glasses easily then turns towards the cool room door that he has watched so many disappear through before... he pauses, and remembers fondly the effect the cool room has... then deciding he really doesn't need to endure such, places the glass in his left hand, and snaps the fingers of his right... the glass turns misty grey... then black as the pint has been filled with Guinness... the top 1/4 inch is a line of tan foam that meets the very rim of the glass... he smiles to himself as he views the "perfect pint"... turning back to the scullery counter, still plateless, he takes a sip of the Guinness, and then sets the pint down to continue with the search...

opens cupboard after cupboard, but alas comes across no plates at all... stands in the middle of the scullery bewildered... deciding that this is entirely more trouble than it is worth, snaps his fingers, and a small pewter plate appears on the wooden countertop beside the small round loaf and the slab of cheese... he quickly places bread, cheese, and daggar on the plate, then collecting plate in left hand and the pint of Guinness in his right, heads out of the scullery, shaking his head in wonderment at the tasks set before the servants...

crosses the main hall to find a spot to sit down... and see's Seren enter... he smiles and waves the pint glass hand at her before selecting a suitable chair, and sitting in front of it on the stone floor...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version