Author Topic: Ubar Hospitalized in ICU  (Read 36373 times)

Offline kay

Re: Ubar Hospitalized in ICU
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2013, 04:42:41 PM »

So happy to be reading this woobie!  *hugs to you and Ragnar*

I am at the finish line cheering him on!  Wishing you both continued strength, determination and patience.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Keep up the great work!

Offline NightStorm

• WM Tuchuk Council
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »
Gordon said to tell him to "just play the game and get the hell home".  LOL

NS
I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best...~~~Marilyn Monroe~~~

Offline Rhodynion of Ar

« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »
It is so good to read about Ragnar's steady progress. And He hasn't lost His aim either! I say that kitchen staff should be taught how to properly serve an Ubar His meals. If they're pretty, that is.

Thanks for keeping us posted, woobie. We'll keep cheering until Ragnar is Home.

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2013, 12:48:29 AM »
Please pass on my good wishes for his steady recovery bless you woobie for all your strength and perseverance hugs to you both

Chanz
duckie rules

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »
Thank you for the update, woobie, it is good to hear that Rags is getting better.  *S*  I am sure that he is making a name for himself with the staff, hopefully they will get his food orders right, now.  Keep taking him chicken and spagetti so he can get back some of the weight he lost. 

I am happy that Rags was amused at what the 'other old farts' said about him, I told them that he was cheered, knowing that they were thinking of him.

Oh, Sherry/Bryanna sends her love and well wishes to you and Rags.

I will keep the morning Rosary going for you and Rags, woobie.  Do get some rest for yourself, and know that there are so many who care for you and the old 'Meathead'.

Medi
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #215 on: May 08, 2013, 02:50:50 PM »
Any news please ?
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #216 on: May 08, 2013, 04:10:27 PM »
I spent monday with him, and we ordered pizza in for dinner. It was awesome! There was a substitute PT therapist there and she tried to tell him he could only work with one pound weights. He uses 10 and 15 with his regular therapist. He told her to pack sand. She told him she had been a PT person for 20 years. He told her she should have learned to read a patient's file by now and left the therapy room... The other therapist ran after him and got him to go back as long as he didn't have to work with the idiot sub...

We sat outside and watched the sunset, and talked about him coming home. He wants to soooo bad, it is the only reason he puts up with crap, because we all, (your posts and my words) keep reminding him to concentrate on the goal... I promised him he could poop in the kitchen when it is time for him to go home.. lol..

There are a pair of Canada geese that have been hanging out on the top of the apartment building next door. He keeps talking about ways to cook them.. LOL..

He is getting stronger still and his kidney output is great.. the filtering function continues to very slowly improve.. but forwards is not backwards, so I am okay with that. His weight has finally leveled off sort of.. down 100 from when he went in. course this might just be a plateau while it catches up to itself.

We laid on his bed and snuggled. It felt good .. very good. I slept for about 20 minutes but it was the best sleep in a while.

He has been trying to compose a post for you gus but he says he is still lost for the words. I think (seriously) that he did lose some basic brain cells... but he keeps plugging away at things. .. strong like bull, smart like tractor like I have been saying for years..

And Sid.. we had a "shut uP" no YOOUUU shut uP! conversation and laughed so hard..

love you guys,
woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #217 on: May 08, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »
so glad that he is doing better. and keeping the nurses and theropy people in line...there is not a day that goes by that i do not think about him..and wondering how he is doing...i just wait for post on the board that keep me informed..i know he needs his rest too.. just glad the he is feeling better and doing so well.. keep up the good work and you will be home in no time at all.. leaves you hugs and kisses

da flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Buddha

• Administrator
    • my homepage
« Reply #218 on: May 08, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »
I still have a Harley shirt to give him. It's been sitting on my shelf since the gathering I had to miss a few years ago. Am I going to have to get a smaller size now? May have to change his name from Ragnar to Mini Me.

His weight has finally leveled off sort of.. down 100 from when he went in. course this might just be a plateau while it catches up to itself.

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #219 on: May 09, 2013, 01:02:26 AM »
Ummm just a side note geese (specially Canadian ones) are a kinda ducks * grins* ya know they just might be my watching brother and sister * giggles* and they really don't taste all that good even      ..... Sending lots of hugs and kisses and much strength as possible lub you both and woobie please tell Da Boss Dickie says get better dag nab it all     Xxx ooo
duckie rules

Offline Elisa Windrider

• Fire is life....make life burn bright.
« Reply #220 on: May 09, 2013, 06:34:37 AM »
its good he is doing better. Tell him to keep it up dont lose site we are here for him . Even if some of us are not on as much (me) . I hope you get pleanty of sleep when you can Woobie .
Love,
Elisa Windrider
Don't Waste Your time looking back, you're not going that way.
    "Ragnar Lothbrok"

kiahMTC

« Reply #221 on: May 09, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
thank you for the update. thoughts and prayers continue

kiah{MTC}

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #222 on: May 09, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »

And Sid.. we had a "shut uP" no YOOUUU shut uP! conversation and laughed so hard..

this made my whole day, it made my heart sing.  ;) :-*

woobie, guess what? I remembered my f-ing password.....

give Him hugs and kisses please. my love you both....always. xoxoxoxo
~*~~*~

Offline Amber

• Turns Out - I'm Smarter than a House Plant
« Reply #223 on: May 09, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
He has been trying to compose a post for you gus but he says he is still lost for the words. I think (seriously) that he did lose some basic brain cells... but he keeps plugging away at things. .. strong like bull, smart like tractor like I have been saying for years..

Lost some brain cells?  Really? -coughs and then grins-  Brain cells or not, we still love him, and I don't think anyone is really expecting a hallmark greeting card thank you from him anyway.  A thanks you guys would do just as well as some long thing saying how great we are (we know how great we are!), because thank you is better than nothing at all.

We love you guys and I am so happy he is working hard on coming home, and properly impressed he didn't bean the sub with one of those one pound weights upside the head.  Duh.  If you've gone to school for pt you should be able to read!  What is this country coming to that illiterate people are in the medical field. -sniffs haughtily-

woobie, it is my joy to come to the board and read your posts about his progress.  I know neither of you are happy with him being up there and you not able to be with him at all times, but it does my heart good to know he is working harder than ever to come home, and that he was the very small percent to not only survive but to thrive back to where he needs to be.

Love as always,
Amber

kiahMTC

« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2013, 10:39:26 AM »
thoughts and prayers remain with Master Ubar and his woobie. may his healing continue and her travels remain safe.

kiah{MTC}