Author Topic: Ubar Hospitalized in ICU  (Read 36233 times)

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
Ubar Hospitalized in ICU
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
found him unresponsive on the bedroom floor this am at 730. called an ambulance and now they have him in ICU locally with raging infections and pneumonia. Possibly a stroke as well.

prayers of all kinds would be good.

love woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
Re: Ubar Hospitalized in ICU
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 12:28:18 PM »
-sighs as I read this and nod- Guess it's time for the heavy duty prayers. Give him my love and tell him he has to get better, that I still need to talk to him. Take care of yourself as well woobie, as you are also added to my thoughts and prayers. -huggggggggggggggggles-

Offline flame{NS}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »
Please take care of Your self woobie..and NS and i will send prayers to Ubra and to you.. if there is anything we can do  you i will send you the new number let us know.. you are in our thoughts.....please keep us informed...tell Him that we are thinking of Him for a speedy recovery...love you guys

NS and flame
I won't promise to be your friend forever, because I won't live that long. But let me be your friend as long as I live.

Offline Medi

• A Red Savage 2016 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
Adds you and Rags to my morning prayers.  I hope that He returns to your side, soon, woobie.
Izee' Greyeagle
Lancer's Woman
Daughter to Puma Greyeagle

Offline razz|n.o.i.r

• TCP
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »
 :'(
will pray and will keep praying for you both..<3..

-wipes eyes-...
S I l v e r . & . C o l d
Sarant'satsral Onyxbane

IN | T:CP
- P o r t a l . o f . D r e a m s -
-In Mourning-

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:24 PM »
Praying for you both.  And praying for a miracle that there wasn't major damage.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline spi brat

• †spiorad†
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »
please know Aall of Uus at Mac have You Bboth in our thoughts an prayers and seth misses getting squished!
“Die Wunden des Geistes heilen, ohne dass Narben bleiben"..."The wounds of the spirit heal and leave no scars.”

Offline prism {*RgR*1*}

• Da woobster
  • There are more than angels watching over me
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 10:51:22 PM »
well, as of 7 pm when they threw me out, they said his lungs looked good. no pneumonia. he is severely dehydrated. His INF levels were at around 5 and they should be around 2 -3. That means his blood is too thin and they cant risk putting in main line sorts of IV until they get them lower. He is on trickle size needle IV in his hand until then. that means that meds get in slower. His BP is remaining around 90/45, which is too low for him to be allowed to move around. They are giving him plasma to thicken up his blood. A mean monster grade antibiotic. They seem to feel now that he has some sort of blood born infection. They have him held to the bed with restraints so he doesn't blow out the little IVs. They have him lying on his back. They don't want him reclining position  because with his pressure so low, he risks severe damage to his kidneys and other organs if his heart has to work too hard to get blood to them. He has a raging fever and is delirious.

He hates me. I won't set him free, I won't untie him. I won't help him rip out tubes. I won't adjust the bed so that his heart is higher than his other organs so that he can recline. I won't let him get up. I let them put in catheter (I really didn't get a vote) so they can measure his fluid output. Worst of all, I left the TV on a basketball game.

Needless to say, being able to express hatred and threaten me is a MARKED improvement over me only being able to know he was alive was to tug on his arm and feel some resistance when I had to call 911 because his eyes were rolled and he couldn't speak, and I couldn't move him and I was scared he was dead on the bedroom floor. I did not know how long he had lain there. I had gotten up to pee at 3 and he was sitting on the side of the bed. I got up at 7 and he wasn't. I found him on the floor.

I told him to hate me all he wants. He has to get better if he wants to be able to get out of bed and kick my ass. He has to get released before he can choke me for letting "hosedraggers" into the house with the ambulance crew. I even put my fingers in my ears and waggled my hands and blew raspberries to emphasize the point.

He was groaning and in pain. I told him "suck it up princess".

I got thrown out for agitating the patient. :(

I don't care that they threw me out. I made him mad enough to keep fighting and not give up. I almost died myself when he told his mother he was dying. That hurt the most.

please keep praying.. I appreciate them all.
love woobie
~*~~*~
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

'Oh shit....she's awake!!'

~*~~*~

Offline GoreFang The Destroyer

• First Among Nightmares
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 12:45:27 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you both woobie, my girl saw this and told me about it and at first I was incredulous, saying "but he'd just got home." I never pray because it's always struck me as begging the gods for something (I'm Asatru IRL), but in this case I can't help it.
Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 02:23:20 AM »
lights all the healing candles she has, her thoughts are with you woobie and the big man himself, please tell him that he does not have permission to go, he still has to come and have tea with the Queen, she loves you both woobie so very much xxxxxxxxx
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

Offline Taryn

• Finding happiness in glitter and resin
    • Handcrafted Designs by Taithleach
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 03:10:47 AM »
Am still going with those prayers woobie, also glad to hear you got him agitated enough that he is fighting back, keep it up even if it keeps you getting sent home, it might just get it through that thick skull of his. I am so angry at him right now because he again didn't speak up to say he wasn't feeling well, either again or still, or that something was amiss, if he had, he wouldn't be in the position he's in currently, he would be at home with no hosedraggers coming into your home, nor being stuck watching basketball with no choice in the matter, but nice and snuggly in his own bed with you next to him.

❤❤❤❤ to you both, the candles are lit and will remain so until he is home and fully recovered. -hugggggggggggggggggles you tightly as I whisper in your ear- Take care of yourself, for you will need all the rest you can get for the upcoming road ahead, but know that your family is here walking beside the both of you.

kiahMTC

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 04:16:13 AM »
woobie your strength is amazing.
Master Ubars', even more so.

hope, healing and heartfelt prayers

kiah

Offline Mercilayne

• MTC - Vintner Clan Elder
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 05:17:53 AM »
Thoughts and many many prayers for you both, although if he's able to threaten you, he's definately starting down the right road to recovery. 

Love you both! 

Offline Shylina Marie

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 08:02:43 AM »
let him threaten all he wants.  He knows you did the right thing for him and eventually His brain will engage.  Staying in Prayer and will be here if you need me.  I bet He declares all Nurses Taluna and that they have him tied down for other reasons.
Never Meddle in the Affairs of a Dragon.  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Offline Kimba~

• C'est la vie, c'est le Gor.
    • PantherClaw Taluna Jungle Homepage
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 11:04:55 AM »
I'm sure Ragnar knows he has never been out of my prayers.  I'm gonna do it again, go against the grain and make y'all hate me that much more.

My daddy died of Alzheimer's, after being kept alive too long, against his will, when he finally forget how to swallow and drowned in his own spittle.  My sister is a hospice nurse, and I know hospice is right for many people.  Woobie, it's not all your decision to make.  He has a say in it.  Especially, of all people, he has a say, especially if it's the last hard decision he ever makes, how to die.

You qualify for hospice if you'd die in 6 months or less, if your condition goes untreated.  But with treatment, many people live for years.  In many cases, a spouse can quit their job and get paid to be the full-time caregiver.  I encourage you to have a local hospice person visit, and discuss the options that would be available in this particular case.
Kimba, PantherClaw Taluna Jungle, WM

We have it in our power to begin the world over again.~
Thomas Paine