Author Topic: poultices  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Mariposa

• Butcher Clan Elder/ Healer/Mad Scientist MTC
poultices
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:10:37 PM »
making antibiotic pouches

[PIC]
Mariposa
Butcher Clan Elder
Apprentice Healer
MTC
O

[Migration]
in the tall high grass
says to NightStormOOOOO~~Ubara~~

: bounces between your book of know hows and my own, jotting a bunch of stuff down. as i take both books with me to a back corner, 2 of the pots being brought to me, a kettle of water put on to warm. laying my books out so i can see both I start slicing cloth and sewing it into little pouches with an opening on the side for later

[PIC]
Mariposa
Butcher Clan Elder
Apprentice Healer
MTC
O

[Migration]
in the tall high grass
says to NightStormOOOOO~~Ubara~~

: after making 100 or so pouches the water starts a low whistle of warning.just as i go to reach for the things gheeta is on it, luckily there was more than one. pulling down small scissors snipping the leaves in a diagonal line so that the plant keeps growing. once i had pruned all useable leaved off into the bowl I had i get to work on mincing them up. Calling to thud I ask him to go retrieve charcoal from Fen's collection with a promise to buy it back for him

[PIC]
Mariposa
Butcher Clan Elder
Apprentice Healer
MTC
O

[Migration]
in the tall high grass
says to ALL

: dividing up the leaves into 50 of the bags i set them in a bowl and pour some of the hot water over it to make a paste inside, after sewing it closed

[PIC]
Mariposa
Butcher Clan Elder
Apprentice Healer
MTC
O

[Migration]
in the tall high grass
says to ALL

: thud returns with two good size chunks of charcoal and a counter offer of a prime cut off the first bosk once we hit home. I nodded and ground the charcoal into a powder distributing it into the other 50 packets. laying the bluegrass over the side of the bowl to drain hopefully the bluegrass water could be used in IV's. just incase I cover the bowl for the packets to steam and keep the water clean

Offline Mariposa

• Butcher Clan Elder/ Healer/Mad Scientist MTC
Re: poultices
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »
bean flour. This can be used in poultices!" She reads the parchment Vachir enclosed, "Bean flour is used in poultices to assuage inflammations rising upon wounds, and the swelling of women's breasts caused by curding of their milk, and represses their milk. The flour and Fenugreek mixed with honey, can be applied to felons, biles, bruises, or blue marks by blows. Bean flour boiled to a poultice with wine and vinegar, and some oil put thereto, eases both pains and swelling of the testicles.