Author Topic: GATHERING 2017  (Read 19446 times)

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
  • NEVER YIELD - NEVER QUIT
GATHERING 2017
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:08:30 AM »
Where:    Guilford Lake State Park Ohio

When:     Monday July 10th through Monday July 17th 2017 for those wishing extended stay, or join us for any part thereof!!! The most fun is usually had over the full weekend.

Cost:       $24.00 a night per campsite, $25.00 Fri and Sat nights (Misc costs see below)   

Time:       Check-in 3PM... Checkout 1PM

Reservations can be made starting January 2016!!!!! Save up and get your reservations in!!!!!

RULES and REGISTRATIONS

Registration is by reservation. Sites 1 - 4 are local walk-in sites. Sites 5 - 41 are by reservation. We can stop in the office or call 1-866-644-6727. I am looking to get us all in one area, preferably starting with site 11 lakeside as in the past.  HOWEVER... we will take what we can get so long as we all are together or as close as possible. Everything is within easy walking distance, so if you are unable to get a site right in the main area we seek, it is not a big deal... even for wheelchair use. There are paved areas that are easily accessible to every site!!!  For those who like to get there early, you will be charged the night before if you arrive before 6AM, and you will be charged another day if not out by 1PM.

Bicycling is permitted in the campground but not after dark.

Those visiting people camping may visit from 6AM to 10PM.

Two (2) pets permitted per campsite but must remain leashed.

No firearms or fireworks... this goes without saying.

No alcohol. Rag's interpretation... keep it quiet, responsible and in plain cups with bottles and cans hidden and there should not be an issue, but get hammered at your own risk. Our Gatherings have always been responsible before, so I see no reason why that should change now. Bring a good insulated cup/mug with straw or spout and be adults and there should be no reason to question. It IS nice to have a couple drinks just to relax with friends and family. This IS PUBLIC STATE LAND and open container and public intoxication laws of Ohio apply!!!

Fires permitted only in stoves, grills, or designated areas.  Leave no fire unattended.

NOISE must be kept to a minimum between 11PM and 7AM.

The park has a dumping station for waste water. USE IT. There are also drinking fountains and spigots for usable water.

Ice is available on site, though a bit steep. There are also a couple soda machines.

No collecting firewood or cutting down trees.

A campsite may not be occupied by more than six people. Parents with multiple children excepted.

No trespassing on other people's sites.

Camping Equipment Limited To;

1.)  One tent or tents having a separate or combined floor space not in excess of 200 sq ft or

2.)  One bus, travel trailer, house vehicle, motor home, station wagon, motorcycle, car, truck, van, pickup camper (None of these may exceed 35 feet in length) in combination with a tent or tents listed above.

3.)  One motor vehicle, in addition to one of the above mentioned vehicle, may be parked on the site parking pad in lieu of other vehicles.

We have plenty of room if we get our lakeside camping areas. We will find a way to squeeze people in. No worries.

MISC DETAILS;

A fishing license is required to fish. As woob and I are usually out fishing before July, we will post if the fishing is good or not before money is spent on an out of state license. Some years are good here... and some suck. You never know until you fish it and see.

There is a staffed office and workers at the campground.

Ice machines and soda machines, canoe and paddle boat rentals, and on the other side of the lake if everyone wishes to go out there are pontoon boats for rent.

There is firewood available for purchase on site, and I will be bringing wood as well. (SSshhhhh...)

There is a small beach at the campground, a small playground, showers and heads. There is also various gaming stuff available from the park office for use. As a family, we do welcome kids!!! We have always been family oriented, and do quite well except for the occasional slip of the lip, but we do try to avoid such.

There is a larger public beach not far away with facilities and parking as well, and a swing-set.

There is also an ice cream stand open during summer hours nearby the beach.

MISC COSTS;

In addition to the site fee(s), in 2015 everyone usually did their own thing for meals and drinks. We simply ate together. Most cooking was done by Doug for the group. This seemed to work out pretty well. We will work along these lines again this Gathering, tentatively, but do plan on bringing funds for various miscellaneous expenses that arise. IE, propane, firewood, paper plates, plastics, and napkins/paper towels. We do approach this as a family, and families share. None go without, but do not take advantage. Share and share alike!!!

If you do not have much in the way of camping gear, do not worry about it. If you have a tent, a chair, a flashlight, and something to sleep on/in, we can usually help with the rest. We set up a main commissary and main fire area, so that covers almost all the required needs.

This seems like a lot for a Gathering, but it is mostly rules and regs for the campsite. My rules are much simpler. Have fun but be responsible... remember we are a family and our kids do attend... keep the drinking low key and the noise level low ... and if Raziel, woob, Salem, Doug, or myself ask you to do something if you may be getting a bit loud or something, just listen and be cool about it all. We are all there to have fun and build memories to last us all a lifetime!!!!!

More info and such will be posted as it is gathered.

Pics in following post.

DO NOTE... the site fees are subject to change, but I do not expect them to change. If they do, the change will be minimal.

Any questions you may have can be fielded my myself, Raziel, Salem, or Sidona.

Do bear in mind this is OHIO. Weather changes drastically in a very short time!!! Be prepared for rain, broiling sun and heat, or downright cold!!!

On a different note, with regards to showers, disability showers are also available large enough for wheelchairs, shower chairs etc, and these come with an upper and lower shower-head. One or both may be used. As I discovered the hard way, if you use these showers, turn the water on BEFORE stepping into it. One can receive a very rude awakening being hit squarely in the nether regions with cold water until the hot water clears the pipes!!! Rest assured you will immediately be wide awake. Bring a pair of shower shoes (flip-flops) for use in the showers. They are cleaned and maintained, but not after each individual use.

We intend to try and get lakeside lots. If using tents, remember to bring some good stakes and extra rope. If weather blows in, the wind coming over the water can become rather harsh at times.

If you wish to travel light, and are interested, you can ship your larger items to woob and I, and we will get it to the campground for you. This should help a great deal for those who my be traveling by air, bike, etc. Just get ahold of me so we can work out the details.

I AM ALREADY EXCITED ABOUT SEEING MY FAMILY AGAIN!!!!!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
Re: GATHERING 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 07:16:38 AM »
WELCOME!!!!!

The camping area to the right as you enter showing playground.

Various site areas and scenery.

Shower and head facilities.

Office

Parking and potable water source.

Canoe and paddle boat rentals and part of campground beach.

Firewood trailer.

Boat launch and dock.

Electric box on sites. A good look at what you can use. It seems the bases are covered.

Large Public Beach.

Ice Cream close to public beach.

Pictures were taken out of season.

Offline psyche {Raz}

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 11:19:33 AM »

For those of us that haven't really been to that side of the map and knowing nothing about Ohio what is the nearest airport? -sheepish look-

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 05:59:42 PM »

For those of us that haven't really been to that side of the map and knowing nothing about Ohio what is the nearest airport? -sheepish look-

CAK (Canton Akron Municipal) Sidona has used it often coming in for Gatherings. She can answer most of your questions regarding procedures and ease of access.  :)

Offline Sidona

• WM Tuchuk Council
  • First Slaver ~ MTC
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 12:33:18 PM »
Can't wait! Can't wait!

and psyche, the CAK airport is small and easy to navigate and I loved it.
~*~~*~

Offline Mariposa

• Butcher Clan Elder/ Healer/Mad Scientist MTC
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
ugh.. i wanna see everyone but I dont sleep on the ground.. ick

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 05:13:28 PM »

Most don't. Its called using a cot, air mattress, etc.  ???

Offline Shadow duck

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • is she just a memory?
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 05:43:34 PM »

Well Mistress maybe channel your inner panther.... find a warm body sleep on it orrrrrrr in a tree perhaps.....grins then scrammmmmmmmmmmmssssssssss
duckie rules

Offline Mariposa

• Butcher Clan Elder/ Healer/Mad Scientist MTC
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »
Fen isnt that fluffy lol

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 07:41:24 AM »
Fen isnt that fluffy lol

Ask Raziel to bring an entrenching tool. A few good blows from it will make Fen puffy enough.   ;D

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
Is it time yet??!!!

Offline Melanie

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
I might try to make it this year... it is certainly possible... I just think the dates might coincide with my other fishing trip with the fams... Might be in june though, I will update.. but certainly thinking about poppin over for sure!...

Nikki

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »
Works for me!!!!!  :-*

Offline Melanie

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
Well.. got the plane trip booked. Be there from the 11th til the 18th.. amazing how much cheaper it is to fly on a tuesday.. going to be just me comin out. More than likely going to rent a car... willing to share a space/tent?... not tryin to buy too much stuf cuz i'll be leavin it behind.. any suggestions?.. but yeah.. its official.. i'm comin... muahahaha... i mean.. wooo!

Offline RAGNAR

• 2011 Football Champion
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 06:00:36 PM »
Leaving some stuff behind is not a real problem.

I have things stored here from a couple other people, some going back years. LOL

Space for a tent is not a problem. Between all our spots space is aplenty.

A tent... we will have to work on that and see what we come up with.

No need to worry about pots, pans, dishes, etc. Between Sid and D... and woob and I... we have all that under control. Grab an inflatable mattress or a cot to sleep on, clothes, hygiene stuff, and some extra cash for bits and pieces and you should be good. Grab groceries once here, or contribute to those that run with a meal plan and there is always plenty.

Whatever you get and decide to leave can be stored for your next Gathering.

We can compare notes as we go and get you fixed up with as much as possible to use.

Welcome aboard sis!!!!!