Author Topic: a thought  (Read 6210 times)

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
a thought
« on: April 03, 2006, 06:24:12 PM »
i didn't wish to derail tamara's thread (which is very nice btw~s~), so am starting another one for a quote that i stumbled across, and actually brought tears to my eyes.

"Her feelings were easily hurt, a valuable property in a slave girl. Too, she could not control her feelings, another excellent property in a slave girl. Her feelings, deep, vulnerable, exploitable, in her expressions and on her face, betrayed her, exposing her to men, and their amusement, as helplessly as her stripped beauty. They made her more easily controlled, more a slave."
pages 103-104 Tribesmen of Gor

please, someone, anyone, share your thoughts on what this means to you. i am seeking to try to learn and grow, just need some help~s~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline aisling{MTC}

Re: a thought
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 06:59:23 PM »
here is what aisling thinks... if she may sis.. and if she may; there's a quote she'd like to put up as well...

the vulnerablity of letting go of feelings and emotions is what is becoming; it is also what is most fearful.. she could not control the feelings because they were not hers to control... as a slave we give up what we have to serve, to obey, to be owned.. to surrender. Once we've surrendered... we still have the feelings they are no longer our own... they show our vulnerability and it is in that vulnerability, when we learn to let go and finally accept that we are slave.. that our true beauty shines forth.

(hopes that makes sense.. it does in my head)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 07:03:45 PM by aisling{Sati} »

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:22:20 PM »
~hugs aisling~
that makes more sense than you might know sis

though with this quote still filling my mind, i ran across another that literally stole my breath~

But what most I now feared, and most hysterically rejected, was the suspicion that there might lurk in my deepest being a profound turning, a sudden, cataclysmic transformation of my consciousness, the possibility that I might admit to myself, confess to myself, a truth I dared not even articulate. This was the suspicion that I might not only accept the fittingness of slavery for one such as myself, for I had now come to recognize myself as a slave, but that I might come to find my fulfillment in it, that I would rejoice in it, and would come to love it. How fearful! I feared I might become such that I would not for the world relinquish my condition, my state, my bondage, that my bondage would become more precious to me by far than my freedom had ever been. I suspected what might be the joys of love and service, the pleasures of kneeling and obedience, the pleasures, too, of being a will-less, subjugated, helpless sexual toy, forced, a writhing slave, to endure whatever lengthy, maddening raptures might be inflicted upon me, a rightless property and possession, the ecstasies of belonging to a man, the joys of being owned and dominated by him, by his strength, his intellect, and his will, the joys of subjection to a master. These thoughts frightened me. I feared, and yet desired, to find myself kneeling before a man at whose feet I would have no choice but to admit to myself not only what I was, but what I wanted to be. I wanted to belong to a man, I feared, who would find the true me, drawing her forth and exposing her, as brutally, as callously, as one might a stripped slave, and one who would then, with the whip and collar, if he saw fit, allowing me no escape, brooking no objections, teach me to myself.
-Captive of Gor

this quote, seems to add another piece of the puzzle, to what you had added aisling. a totality of surrender. the utter claiming by One. these words all give me chills, in the best possible way.
though still at the very beginnings of my journey, it almost seems that being an emotional creature, unable to hide any part of your hurts or doubts, allows a Master to learn more of the beasts we are, if He so chooses of course. and perhaps, in time, it would evolve to the words you posted, the realization that even the emotions are not ours to begin with. ~wow~ perhaps it is here at the beginnings of the path, where these things begin to come into light, there is a profound revelation within ourselves as slaves. (not wishing to speak for any other than myself, just trying to generalize a bit) and with this there is yet another internal struggle, where you crave what you fear, so desperately.
anyways....am rambling~lol~...sorry about that
thank you aisling for responding, and hope you do again
and please....anyone else that has anything they wish to add.....please do~s~

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. - Steve Prefontaine

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:00:17 PM »
lure sis, i intend to respond to this as this is a most recent subject that hits home... but im going to organize my thoughts a little better ~smiles~
hopefully by that time some others will respond too :)

*hugs you*

damn good thought provoking quote by the way

Catylynn

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »
Wow

because that is how I feel right now .... ::walks away unable to think::

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:33:07 AM »
no new quotes to add, just a few thoughts, before running off to work...

it is a most difficult struggle to accept your place, even once you see it is right. it would seem to me, at least, that there is no "insta slaves". to follow a path that you have been told your whole life though society and even your own family that what is lurking with in you, is not right nor propper. getting behind the walls that you have built up with in as protection for so many years to allow the truth of who and what you are to become. part of this, (and perhaps i am way of base with all this, but again, these are just the thoughts running through my head) is done yourself, perhaps like the slave training in the books~kneeling before a mirror, coming to terms with the reflection before you. but the one thing so needed is the guidance. the firm unyielding hand. to feed the fires that burn so deep with in. to draw out that vulnerable beast with in, the one that you have struggled to keep hidden, even perhaps from yourself, for so long.

i guess in posting all of this here, in this place, i am seeking to know that i am not alone in such feelings.(~chuckles~ just cant see me sitting down at work looking over at a co-worker, and even attempting to utter these words.) it is a heart felt plea, that aisling, saphyre, and anyone, please feel free to add their thoughts. to lend a different perspective, an insight, anything.

time to head back to rt, and out the door to work.
thank you, even if you are just taking the time to read these words.

Catylynn

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 09:44:44 AM »
perhaps like the slave training in the books~kneeling before a mirror, coming to terms with the reflection before you. but the one thing so needed is the guidance. the firm unyielding hand. to feed the fires that burn so deep with in. to draw out that vulnerable beast with in, the one that you have struggled to keep hidden, even perhaps from yourself, for so long.

lure .........  there is so much you say here that is true , I wish I could go on but I dont think my feelings belong here , but I agree the most important word is guidance..

Please keep posting , you give me much food for thought .. - hugs -

saphyre

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 10:21:41 AM »
lure,

you're not alone..."it is a most difficult struggle to accept your place, even once you see it is right." 

yes it really is...but what you can remember is that once you allow yourself to let go and accept that your safety and comfort zone is in giving yourself over to One who wants to control you,  you will feel yourself blossom and bloom in ways never before imagined.  it is probably one of the scariest things to ever do as well...because of the "under belly" you are exposing of yourself, because of the ramifications of your actions.. good or bad...

what i am finding lately is...the more i need the guidance and the structure is the more i need, long and crave to give more of myself... just to surrender it all to One who... *sighs* will not take it... (moving past that)  i often wonder if im alone in that thought... themore i need to have controlled the more of myself i long to have taken....
that the times i am insolant and haughty, are the times i feel i control it all and that the only way to "tame" me so to speak is to toss a leash over my neck and just ....tug. 

did i do it again and veer off subject??
those are just a few of my thoughts

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »
I am incredibly touched and awed by my sisters in slavery who are just beginning their journey.  As I feel the depth of emotion in your words, I think, I was there, once... I think, Sometimes, I am still there... I think, When will I be there again?

I have no wish to derail this thread.  I feel almost like I am infringing upon this topic since I am not new to my slavery. 

Simply, I felt the need express the fact that the struggle does not end once a slave discovers and accepts her nature.  I find that it is one thing to know and accept oneself as a slave and quite another to maintain the level of joy and exuberance one experiences in the first stages of slavery.  I am not saying that a slave ever runs out of levels and depths to explore.  I am not saying that one... gets tired... of being a slave after several years of service in her Dream Owner's collar. 

But sometimes... a slave loses direction, as I feel I am losing direction.  Sometimes, when the newness has worn off and slavery has become a normal, everyday fact of your existence, the rest of your life rears its ugly head and prevents you from being yourself.   

Right now, I feel very out of sorts and emotionally off-kilter.  They say that stress kills.  I would say that if it doesn't kill, it certainly exhausts.  I don't even think my Master can help me through this.  Yes, he can be an ear when I am in need -- as he always has been;  yes, he can reinforce my slave belly with his excellent Mastery -- as he always has done; but I am the one who has to find a way to deal with my own stress and find my center again. 

I find it rather strange, rather beautiful, that a new slave strives for an experienced slave's level of training and acceptance, while an experienced slave strives for a newer girl's excitement and... freshness... It's an entertwined circle of growth which ensures that, in a sense, none of us ever stops being... new... in some way.

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline aisling{MTC}

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 02:56:23 PM »
dee, i think your words were true of heart and and beautiful

(being *not* new to my slavery...just to Gor *winks*) i will always want to hear others views and ideals about their slaves belly...  i love seeing the process some go through, hearing their struggles and their accomplishments... because it lets others know that people are with them in spirit having been there, done that before. ~smiles at her fellow sisters~

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 05:11:29 PM »
dee~i can only echo aislings words....your words were beautiful, and heartfelt. and they mean so much. thank you for sharing them. your perspective, is one that i hadn't thought of, and you, so kindly, and eloquently shed some light into the shadows that still lay before me. it seems odd, but there is comfort that the struggles never quite end. that the learning and growing only continue.

aisling~you seemed to read my mind, and it was wonderful to know that i am not the only one that wishes to hear other views and ideals of someone else's slave belly. it seems such a personal thing on one hand, but yet, (again, at least to me) something that you feel you need to see from different eyes, and experiences.

the last few days of looking inside, as well as seeking views from others, have been, quite amazing. there is a exciting sense of calm. almost like being at the edge of a cliff, looking out over the world with fresh eyes. it is all so gloriously thrilling, and terrifying at the same time. though i am sure that soon, more doubts will alter that perseption~chuckles~.
though perhaps, if you (in this case, anyone who would care to offer an oppinion) could indulge me, there is something that is tickling the edge of my mind. it is about curiosity. in the books it states that curiosity is unbecoming a slave girl. but in fact, i am a most inquisitive creature. never quite lost that three year olds sense of wonder at asking "why", or how something works. that scares me a little, as i am, pretty much, lure(older, and less cheerful, but the inner being, none the less is the same). how much of a detriment is that, to a slave that has an instable curiosity? it might be part of the troubles i have with lure, sitting here, so entwined with her, never quite knowing if the first instinct is correct. just knowing what is so craved. how do you ask without crossing the lines?
~chuckles~ and you ladies thought you might be taking this off track, and it seems, i am the world's worst rambler.
should probably sit back and think a bit more before any more long winded posting occurs. though it will be a few days before i add to this(work is rearing it's ugly head for the next few days), please....continue with the sharing of thoughts, and perspectives. and as always, if anyone else wishes to add...please do.
thank you all for at least taking the time to read my thoughts.

kelsey

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 04:37:43 AM »
I don't have anything to add to this because those that have posted have spoken what is in my heart and soul as well....

I am an "old" slave on Gor, but "new" in so many ways....being without a Master this past year has allowed me to more fully explore the depths of slavery inside me without being 'clouded' by un-Gorean love from the Master...(not sure that makes a lot of sense, but it might to some)....but even by one's self, the journey can only go so far.....the need for a Master's hand to truly plumb the depths is needed to complete the journey....at least for me it is....

well just the ramblings of the typist.....leanves hugs for everyone

Offline drisana{MTC}

• Searching.....
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
This makes drisana think alot.  Because in one way, when she was very first on Gor about 2 years ago, everyone was copying everyone else, and it wasn't about emotion, but about how many pretty words you could string together.  drisana desperatly wants to be able to show emotion, without it being found displeasing, because it's more real....what seems most hard is keeping those ooc emotions out of it, and forming only emotions drisana would have...especially since it feels like she has lost her spark lately, and is just trying so very hard to get it back....and knowing, well if she did know she was expected to hide no emotion, that every tiny thing is visible....like a giant mood ring, that people can sense, that is the ultimate of giving up control, that nothing is hidden....that is being more naked then if you had no clothes on....it is the ultimate in being vulnerable....

Hmm, she is thinking she is not very helpful at all....but those are her thoughts.

Offline familure{TD}

• woobie's mini-me
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 08:38:12 PM »
having just got home from an event filled day~chuckles~, it was a pleasent suprise to see new words, thoughts, views. heart felt and true. though it seems that many feel like it isn't their place to post, or that they are in away derailing this. please know, that in away, i am starving for others outlooks, new, old, Free, and slave. for each word spoken, only lends more light to cast away some of the shadows. learning that i am not alone, here within this most amazing family with alot of these feelings, is...simply put, comforting.
drianana, your words, brought such a profound view, at least to me. that it is not an oddity to wish to shine with true emotions.
you see, each person, in choosing to open up and share what is within, is a blessing. even in this very limited way on a thread. each of you amazing women has something so inspiring to say.

that every tiny thing is visible....like a giant mood ring, that people can sense, that is the ultimate of giving up control, that nothing is hidden....that is being more naked then if you had no clothes on....it is the ultimate in being vulnerable....

this touched me quite deeply. at times i feel we all wear masks. different ones for different occasions. for self protection, would seem to be the most common reason. to keep part of yourself hidden away from everyone. even when all you crave is to have someone see you for who and what you truly are. to strip you of it, leaving you bare before them. how terrifying it is to think of being, with out such a safe guard. that only your true self remians. all the flaws, insecurities, your utter soul, exposed. perhaps it is the fear of being so stripped, transparent that makes the path so rocky, so unique, for each one that walks it. but then again, these are just the ponderings of a tired woman.

~hugs kels tight~ we have talked quite abit it seems on alot of this, your insight, and views are cherished. you speak from your heart, and for that...thank you.

Offline Fishy!

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 12:30:13 AM »
lure,

I know that this post is old as F**K but I had stumbled upon it just now and though that I could lend some new ness to your search..... and if nothing else bump it up for others to see and reply as well.....

Now I know that I am not a slave..... and as this reply may seem sorta out of place....... but I do have two girls and have very unique views on slavery......

to see someone who has bared their soul to you is thrilling...... to see some one in a way that you know others have not seen them can almost be erotic.

let me give you a few examples from the RT world to help you understand my words better......

for a woman to know a man is alright ...... a woman may have many male friends....... a woman may even know her husband..... but for a woman to hear her husband speek in hushed tones about things that he feels no reprocussions for speaking about to his wife......... is called trust.... or loyalty.....

humans love to label things.......

take a best friend for expamle........ My best friend in RT happens to be a Gay African American Man....... in some ways he is ostricised from his communtiy...... but when the two of us talk we can discuss things that are morally objectiable woith out risk of judgement........ we can talk about taboo issues and have political debates and there is no fear........ it is called trust

what many dont understand about trust in a normal relationship that it need not be a two way street.........

a child trusts their mother and tells her everything....... but the mother dosent have to trust the child........ she may still check up on them call their friends parents to make sure that they are where they say they will be and such........

but in the relationship between a master and slave..... (note that this could also be btween a mistress and her thrall but its easier to keep it to one description)

the trust MUST be a two way street....... many will disagree saying that a master need not trust his slave..... but if he did not trust her to honor his collar he would not have her in it. he may not trust her to carry a sword upon her hip or to juggle fire but he must have some trust in her or else the relationship fails......

but a major issue is that some do not see the revolving circle that is the relationship between master and slave........ the firey slave belly is constantly lit and relit by this circle of events..... which makes ther seem to the slave that at times she may feel that her slavery is not what it once was or that her master is not once who he once was......... but then even in a short time the circle has revolved and she now remembers why her slave belly burned so brighty for and because of her master....... now comes the circle i spoke of......

a slave needs a master.....

... a master needs a slave to have something to master and fill the roll of master...

...the slave must be kept in such a way that she is ever reminded of her slavery...

... to always remind a slave of her slavery a master must know more about her...

...the slave must show her master the deeper workings of herself...

...to better serve her master she must know his deeper workings...

...to fully expose himself the master must be secure in his role of master...

...to be secure in his role he must demand his slave to bear all of herself...

...to be truly a slave and follow her masters orders she must continually peel away layers or herself...

for this to work properly sometimes it may skpi a step or something comes up that may start the whole process over or start it over at the half way mark or somthing similar........

ok i think i may have gotten way off topic.... but its something to think about none the less and it may keep the wheels turning in that blond head.....