Author Topic: ...car accident...  (Read 7014 times)

Offline kadi{MTC}

• WM Tuchuk Trainers
  • Tuchuk's lil pouncer
Re: ...car accident...
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 05:59:53 PM »
just hugs you cos your still here love you dee
May love and laughter light your days..And warm your heart and home..May good and faithful friends be yours..Wherever you may roam..May peace and joy bless your world.. And may all life's passing seasons..Bring the best to you and yours..

kelsey

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 06:35:58 PM »
leaves hugs fir my deemon sis...I agree with kadi...you are still here to bitch an I am thankful for that....you are loved sis...

Vala

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 07:17:44 PM »
*hugs *

Vala

Offline Kitya

• Surrounded by a multitude of shadows
    • Kitya's Soap Factory
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 08:13:05 PM »
Jeeeeze woman! You're worse than I am bout getting hurt! Let me know when a good time to call is... don't want to interrupt naps or anything. *hugs* lurves you and take care eh? don'tmake me beat you!!!

Offline just me

• March babies rule.....life is to precious to waste
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
bounces my leaded pipe adjustment tool offa one hand and grins a lil- should i come out, am sure the idot im dealing with from dell would like a visit as well,  this would just be the icing on the cake for me

Offline silver

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »
Heal quickly....then beat the tar out of the other driver*G*

Offline ke'tharn

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 01:23:27 AM »
my best wishes for a speedy recovery as well, sister! i'm glad that it's mainly only metal damage, not human damage. i hope your arm will be well soon again and that all the tedious battle that will come up can be ended quickly and in the most favourable way for you. *hugs*
i must admit, hadn't you said that you broke your arm inside the car, i would have assumed it would have happened while giving the other driver a nice lecture... *winks*

ke'tharn

Mysta

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 03:50:21 AM »
*L* perks cause someone said my name?*L* holy hells bells*L*

gods sweetheart....this week ill be praying for some of my luck to come your way!!!!*HUGS gently* you of all people deserve a good break!*twitshcs*
err, thats not what i meant*L*
get better!!!

Offline sassycubbie

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 06:18:02 PM »
holy crap sis  i am sooooo gald your ok and i hope to be able to call you soon
you need me you just call me darlin

loves ya babe

arisha

Offline ~*jale*~ {Lil}

• Soul meets soul on lover's lips.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
My rorrim,

I'm so sorry to hear of your accident.  Please let me know if and when I can give you a call.  I'm so happy all that were broken were your car and your arm.  The arm will mend and the car replaced.  We could never replace you.

Love you always,

jale
Love is an act of endless forgiveness <br /> A tender look which becomes a habit. <br />~ Peter Ustinov ~

Giselle

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2006, 02:37:48 AM »
'sending aussie healing thoughts from my side of the world'

Get well soon and take it easy as those bones knit   'soft smiles'   Am glad it was only a broken arm and all the best with your surgery.

Healing huggggles
Giselle

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 08:43:51 AM »
My family, thank you all for your love and best wishes! 

I don't like it, but I'm becoming one-hand proficient when it comes to typing and dressing.  Right now, I'm managing my pain pretty well; the damnable ITCHING, less well... I have some loss of feeling in my thumb, right where it attaches to my hand, but I am told that this should return. 

I've been pushing myself to the limits of my pain tolerance because I have no wish to get hooked on the Percosets.  12 hours seems to be my limit, if I supplement with Advil and Tylenol.  Without the heavy-duty meds, I have been able to tell that I definitely don't have whiplash, back pain, or any other injuries the pain pills could have been masking.  I honestly thought I wouldn't be hurting so much, so many days after my injury, but I can feel my broken bones... shift... and we've had rainy weather that makes me ache.  Eventually, I break down and reach for the narcotics... This pain makes me rather... grumpy... so I wasn't able to attend the second night of the Memorial Festival.  I was planning to write out a dance which I could cut and paste into the room, but that just didn't happen.  I know that no one expected it of me -- but I expected it of myself.  Still, working on the camp website, avatars, training projects, and such, keeps me distracted and makes me feel useful.  I HATE feeling like a helpless invalid!

So on to the meat of the update...

Surgery is slated for the morning of Thursday the 20th.  Small, thick sheets of stainless steel will plate together the ends of my radius and ulna.  Luckily, the breaks were clean -- no splinters.  I was expecting to be placed in a cast or another heavy splint after the surgery, but nope... I'll start physical therapy right away to start regaining maximum mobility and sensation. 

I have been told that I may loose some feeling in my hand after the surgery, but that this numbness should go away after some weeks or moths... As I understand it, there's also a small chance that the ulna will not re-knit properly, as there is in all cases like mine, and that a second surgery would then be required; but my particular doctor has never had an ulna fail to mend.  (I put my foot down, and I made sure that I got the best!)

Taryn -- you have an IM!

my mirror -- of course you can call!  Between 1-7 p.m. is best. 

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Offline Ayelen

• ... Annals Blog Updated July 2010 ...
    • MoonProductions
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 10:47:23 AM »
~hugs my a-s~

geez! step away from the boards a week and see what happens..........

my a-s!!  just be careful of attorneys... make sure the one you use is well reputable... even still... ~growling~

anyway, i'm glad you're safe despite the owies and the surgery coming up an all....  it's been a week of nearly getting hit myself (at least 2-3 accidents i have driven past all last week --- and nearly getting banged into by idiots who are upset at the delay to where ever they are going)....

love you my a-s and i'll be giving a call!

Offline Thalia

• I Belong to Cyrano
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 10:51:18 PM »
My surgery will begin in five or six hours, give or take...  I'm nervous, scared, hyper, ill, jumpy, wired -- this crazy mixed-up bag of emotions. 

My logical side says that things will go well; my new world of pain will fade the same way it did after the initial injury; my therapy will be successful; my recovery will be complete; and I will eventually have nothing more than a scar and a crazy story to show for this whole ordeal.

My really freaked-out side is hyperventilating and screaming all sorts of crazy shit, like -- What if I don't wake up from the anesthesia?  What if the surgery is botched and I lose feeling and function in my left arm forever? What if the bones don't knit and I need even more surgery, weeks down the road? What if the scars are hideous?

Mainly, the thought of being put under and cut open with power tools is creepy.  Surrendering control of my body that way.  Leaving my future, my mobility, in the hands of someone else. 

Yes, my logical side tells me that I'm way overreacting.  My emotional side is off the charts, and there's nothing I can do about it...

So I'm wide awake yet exhausted; too wired to sleep yet too tired/distracted/apathetic to find something that captures my attention span for longer than five minutes...

I'm not trying to be dramatic and attention-seeking, honest. I just knew that my family would understand my need to get it all out.  I tried to tell my husband, and he acknowledged the validity of my feelings, assured me all would be well... and promptly fell asleep.  I can't blame him.  It's nearly 2 a.m. here, and it will be a long day for all of us... But I am left with too many thoughts in these four hours before I am due to report to the hospital. I thank anyone who has taken the time to read these wild ramblings. 

I want you to know that I could not have a better online family.  I love and treasure so many of you, just as though you were my blood relations.  Indeed, the heart often runs deeper than blood, for it is the heart that channels and pumps blood...  You are my heart family.  You are loved.

I will see you on the other side of this surgery, if my Creator is willing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:53:04 PM by ~ delilah ~ {K} »

Living in the land of sun, sand, and Thassa breezes, where the only rule is common sense.  What's not to love?

Mysta

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 11:40:44 PM »
*sends FIRM hugs*
We WILL see You soon! and everything will go swimmingly!!
If you need any type of help, or even just someone firm to seek out a lawyer who isnt a pansy, or help in ANY way at all....My number is open to You...(if even just to say hi!)

When my best friend lost her daughter, I handled the phones at home and wrangled apologies out of idiotic bill collectors and made them feel like dog poo...and made them promise not to call for at least another month.

DONT be worried about getting "hooked" on the pain medications....use them as needed and prescribed....Your statement that you didnt wish to get hooked is all the validation you need, for your own concerns....
There are people who take them, (like me) to make the pain go away...so i can even walk.....(have been on lortab tens for years, several times a day...I wish I was on the fentanyl patch again, but cant take it right now)

And then there are people, who,. long after they arent needed...crave them for the feeling they give,
Ive taken them, cause I HAVE to...not cause i 'get high'
I dont get high off em...i just get the ability to walk*L*
So, my advice is to take what you need for your pain....being in pain isnt healthy either....dont stint yourself, but only take them for the reason you need to*S*

I hope you get better very soon,....it sounds like youve done SO much for your family, for others, and nows the time to have people there for YOU...
I will be, in any way, shape, or form that I can be.
With Love and prayers...
~CarrieAnne~